Life Style Sports

Life Style Sports Management reviews

Ireland44 reviews
Your rewarded by your work ethic
Worked for the company for 8 years
Progressed from trainee manager to store manager. You get out what you put in.. Once you have the drive and motivation It will help.
Training on management side is very good your eye for talent is needed.
Pros
Progression, salary, hours
Cons
N/a
20 May 2019
It is great to hear that you progressed on a number of occasions during your incredible service with the Brand. This is testament to the Brand Values you displayed and your commitment to us, along with the support of our Management Academy and training modules to harness your talent.
The journey of our Team Members and their continued progression is at the heart of the Brand and we will continue to drive our People Development forward. We wish you the very best for the future.
Worked on the till & restocking shelves, setting up displays as well as assisting customers with any issues or complains Stocktaking & developing good interpersonal skills dealing with customers Working successfully as part of a team Organizing work schedules
Pros
Good Management
Cons
not a lot of Hours
Terrible Company
Worked there for 9 months and did not enjoy one day. Staff were already in cliques making it hard for new staff to fit in. Management were unfair and did not treat staff with respect.
Pros
Na
Stressful ,little pay unprofessional management
If there was a 0 star for management id be giving it .i was told to wear make up by 2 members of the management team which made me feel very self conscious to be “selfie ready” which I found on top of the stress of working there for €7.50an hour
Productive and very enjoyable place to work
Great team of people, amazing company to work for. Really enjoyed my time working for this company and all my team mates. I learned a lot in my time here in terms of management skills and delegating jobs. I also learned a lot more about working as a team.
great learning, friendly and fun workplace,
A great place to work and progress. I have learnt so much over the years and continue to learn and grow with the company. They provide amazing training for Management and team members. I started off a sales team member and progressed to store manager.
Pros
great progression within the company, fun workplace, positive vibes
13 March 2019
We are delighted to hear that you have had such an EPIC journey with the brand and we are very excited by your continued development and progression. This is testament to your ability to inspire those around you with your fearless ambition to succeed.

The training we provide is comprehensive throughout your journey and includes a coaching, mentoring and group sessions for you to build using other experiences at varying levels of management.

We also encourage our teams to use our in house app training, this is a way of propelling your knowledge at your own convenience.

Thank you for your feedback and good luck with your bright future!
Overall good place to work
I worked for Lifestyle Sports for a number of years and while I generally enjoyed my time working there, there has been a huge change in how they treat the staff in the stores. This hasn’t been a positive change at all and a number of strong Sales Team Members, leaders and management have left as a result. The head office would rarely give positive feedback to my store even though we worked extremely hard which was evident from our weekly sales. I gradually became defeated and there was little to no incentive to give 100%. The people I worked with and my managers was the best part of my job. The so called brand values enforced by the company are outdated and cringey. Also being forced to ask people for their email address even if they were buying a pair of socks was embarrassing. Often I felt I gave so much to my job and got nothing in return and even at that the wages are terrible and they take advantage of hiring people under the age of 20 in order to pay them less. I understand this seems like a bad review but it’s really not, it’s a company that has seen a lot of change in the last few years but I think they sometimes forget about the people on the frontline. Example: completely new shop floor and not even a new chair put into the staffroom.
Pros
Nice stores, friendly staff, flexible working hours
Cons
Little recognition, few benefits, top management highly unrealistic
11 March 2019
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that your personal feeling was that you were not recognised for your efforts although I am glad the Management team you were working with were the best part of the role. We continue to drive the Management team to recognise and reward talented Team Members within their stores and the Brand Centre will continue to give them the best tools available to support in doing so. We believe our Brand Values embody the culture and talent that you will meet in stores every day. The values support us throughout the hiring process which is a direct representation of the individuals and Management team you spoke highly of. Again thank you for your comments as these will help us become a stronger brand for the future.
Average work place
A typical day at Lifestyle Sports with include cleaning stock room ensuring stock level was maintained .

Working on till management cash handling customers purchases

Providing product knowledge to customers benefits and features of the items sold in store
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Salary
11 March 2019
Thank you for your comments. I appreciate that you have outlined some of the day to day tasks that you could be involved with.

Talented performers will notice their roles diversify over time around their key skills, this can include Commercial management, Recruitment, HR, Visual Merchandising, Loss Prevention and Social Media within the store.

As a Brand there is so much opportunity for good talent to progress into, working closely with the whole Management team the Regional and Field Manager's learn about individual talents and work towards bringing that skill to life.

As a Proudly Irish brand with a head office in Dublin City Centre, we pride ourselves on organic growth and 75% of our Brand Centre team, including our Regional Managers, Creatives, Visual Merchandisers and Buyers have come from within a Life Style Sports store.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Life Style Sports?
Generaly ok
Typical day at work began opening for 8am and unpaking and preparing the new clothes or footwear, Management was always fair never had any issues. hardest part of the job was only being paid minimum wage
Cons
spitshifts
Productive and Fun Place
Great place to work for any individual. Was a fantastic place to work during my final year of college. Great people, great management and great culture. Would recommend to anyone.
Team Leader
management were not friendly,

No progression within the company,

No morale within the company,

folding clothes, serving customers, day in day out.
fun workplace with great staff and team building
I really enjoyed working for lifestyle sports
I worked here part time with a great team

the management always wanted us learning more
I learned a lot about cash counting and handling as well as customer service
Fun workplace.
Very social and fun environment to work in. Management are cooperative and understanding. Get to deal with customers everyday in an engaging manner. The hardest part of the job is prepping for sales and Christmas.
Pros
Good atmosphere. Cooperative mangagement.
Cons
short days. unpaid lunches.
Fantastic Time
Working in Lifestyle Sports was a fantastic experience and I enjoyed every minute off it. It gave me great experience in terms of dealing with customers, managing a stockroom, visual merchandising as well as learning how to work in a fast paced environment. Everyday could be different as styles and trends can change as you must always make sure the top styles are at eye level so its the first thing people notice. It also gave me a great insight to management as I was a Sales Team Leader and gave me a whole new experience and responsibility.

I worked with the best crew and worked in a fantastic culture and atmosphere that has been created within the company.
Pros
Experience and culture
Cons
Tough working every weekend
Grand
The actual job itself is enjoyable. The way the place is run, the environment, the atmosphere, the pay, all fairly dreadful. Possibly could have improved in the last few years, at the time I was there it was awful.
good work environment
Good work environment, with friendly management. For a big company i feel they could do more for there staff most employees are on 8 hour contracts including myself even though i am part of the management team, i mostly enjoy dealing with customers and working alongside my co workers but I feel ive gotten everything i can out this job, my wages have stayed at 8.65 an hour since 2011 i would like the opportunity to work full time for a higher salary.
Fun working environment
Lifestyle Sports is a fun place to work as you are part of a small close knit team who depend on each other to ensure targets and customer service are meet to the highest standards.
Very target focused company who are constantly looking to improve on previous results. They provide a lot of training to ensure the staff have excellent product knowledge and exceptional customer service.

The one drawback with Lifestyle Sports is there wage structure as the only way to improve on your wage is to move up the ladder into management irrelevant of how long you are in the company. Aside from this Lifestyle Sports is a fun and challenging place to work were each day offers a new experience.
Good team work environment
I worked at Lifestyle Sports for almost 12 years. I started as shop assistant and later applied for a management position, which I won.

A typical day in Lifestyle Sports might include opening the 2 level, high foot-fall store in Newbridge. After this I would be receiving and managing stock deliveries, merchandising new lines, managing the cash office administration, as well as managing and leading up to 15 staff and all while being target driven and with exceptional attention given to customer service.
Pros
Good training provided in all areas, including management. Getting to meet new people every day.
Cons
Could be very physical work at times. Up and down stairs countless times a day, carrying ladders, heavy boxes.
Nice workplace
I was part time so I would start at 5 and do cash handling and customers service. Management was great. My co-workers were good team workers. Hardest part of the job was deliveries there were so many of them. The most enjoyable was looking after customers.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Deliveries
Shops in Liffey Valley, Dundrum and Mary St.
- day shift
- patrolling the shop

- till check

- cctv monitoring

- most enjoyable was arrests shoplifters with items worth few hundreds €

- best team work between staff management and security
Cons
great team work