Life Style Sports

Life Style Sports Pay & benefits reviews

Ireland47 reviews
Great place for making new friends or if u are in college and need part time but not a good job money wise. Most people only work here part time while their in college but would not recommend full time
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Bad pay
Was made a full time supervisor and only received an extra €10 a week, as key holder. I still received minimum wage even though I had many managerial duties. Found it really disappointing. Rosters were often given only the day before the new week. Felt like I had to apologise profusely anytime I was genuinely sick.
Cons
Long hours, minimum wage
Worked for the company for 8 years
Progressed from trainee manager to store manager. You get out what you put in.. Once you have the drive and motivation It will help. Training on management side is very good your eye for talent is needed.
Pros
Progression, salary, hours
Cons
N/a
20 May 2019
It is great to hear that you progressed on a number of occasions during your incredible service with the Brand. This is testament to the Brand Values you displayed and your commitment to us, along with the support of our Management Academy and training modules to harness your talent.
The journey of our Team Members and their continued progression is at the heart of the Brand and we will continue to drive our People Development forward. We wish you the very best for the future.
I worked for Lifestyle Sports for a number of years and while I generally enjoyed my time working there, there has been a huge change in how they treat the staff in the stores. This hasn’t been a positive change at all and a number of strong Sales Team Members, leaders and management have left as a result. The head office would rarely give positive feedback to my store even though we worked extremely hard which was evident from our weekly sales. I gradually became defeated and there was little to no incentive to give 100%. The people I worked with and my managers was the best part of my job. The so called brand values enforced by the company are outdated and cringey. Also being forced to ask people for their email address even if they were buying a pair of socks was embarrassing. Often I felt I gave so much to my job and got nothing in return and even at that the wages are terrible and they take advantage of hiring people under the age of 20 in order to pay them less. I understand this seems like a bad review but it’s really not, it’s a company that has seen a lot of change in the last few years but I think they sometimes forget about the people on the frontline. Example: completely new shop floor and not even a new chair put into the staffroom.
Pros
Nice stores, friendly staff, flexible working hours
Cons
Little recognition, few benefits, top management highly unrealistic
11 March 2019
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that your personal feeling was that you were not recognised for your efforts although I am glad the Management team you were working with were the best part of the role. We continue to drive the Management team to recognise and reward talented Team Members within their stores and the Brand Centre will continue to give them the best tools available to support in doing so. We believe our Brand Values embody the culture and talent that you will meet in stores every day. The values support us throughout the hiring process which is a direct representation of the individuals and Management team you spoke highly of. Again thank you for your comments as these will help us become a stronger brand for the future.
A typical day at Lifestyle Sports with include cleaning stock room ensuring stock level was maintained .

Working on till management cash handling customers purchases

Providing product knowledge to customers benefits and features of the items sold in store
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Salary
11 March 2019
Thank you for your comments. I appreciate that you have outlined some of the day to day tasks that you could be involved with.

Talented performers will notice their roles diversify over time around their key skills, this can include Commercial management, Recruitment, HR, Visual Merchandising, Loss Prevention and Social Media within the store.

As a Brand there is so much opportunity for good talent to progress into, working closely with the whole Management team the Regional and Field Manager's learn about individual talents and work towards bringing that skill to life.

As a Proudly Irish brand with a head office in Dublin City Centre, we pride ourselves on organic growth and 75% of our Brand Centre team, including our Regional Managers, Creatives, Visual Merchandisers and Buyers have come from within a Life Style Sports store.
Fun,Energetic place to work
Young environment to work in

Salary isn't great if it's your first job
Great for someone looking to get a part time job while on summer holidays
Very social and fun environment to work in. Management are cooperative and understanding. Get to deal with customers everyday in an engaging manner. The hardest part of the job is prepping for sales and Christmas.
Pros
Good atmosphere. Cooperative mangagement.
Cons
short days. unpaid lunches.
Good work environment, with friendly management. For a big company i feel they could do more for there staff most employees are on 8 hour contracts including myself even though i am part of the management team, i mostly enjoy dealing with customers and working alongside my co workers but I feel ive gotten everything i can out this job, my wages have stayed at 8.65 an hour since 2011 i would like the opportunity to work full time for a higher salary.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Life Style Sports?