Limerick City and County Council

Limerick City and County Council Employee Reviews

Ireland10 reviews

Productive comfortable environment

very intense faced paced work place. dealing with complaints and members of the public both in person and over the phone. must be able to handle a lot of verbal abuse from members of the public

excellent terms and conditions, great work/life balance, unfortunately the processes are absolutely prehistoric and unbelievably inefficient.

People are in a box ticking culture instead of thinking outside the box and getting things done, why is obvious, they dont have to make a profit, they have a bottomless pit of the public's money, why worry about efficiency?The 'managers' wouldnt last 5 minutes in the real competitive outside world and they know it, thats why they hang around the council.

If your not a pet in the council you will stay in the position you started at, working hard will get you nowere in the council.

Safety for me in any job is number 1, in my opinion the safety in the job needs to be ramp up big time , my self and my work colleagues are expected to operate machines and tools with out training or tickets.If you mention safer ways to do a sertain job it's shot down by all, you get this is the way we have always done it or your waisting your time forget about that idea. Also every year we fill out forms for training we would like to do and personally I have nether had the opportunity to do any of these courses, through all the years iv been with the council. Here in the council many of my colleagues including my self have many skills and years of experience in the construction industry you don't get extra pay for semi skilled works you may be ask to do.Unfortunately I don't see a future for my self in the council, I'm now looking to go back in to the construction industry as safety is number 1 and if your a semi skilled operator/driver concrete finisher ground worker you will get the wages you deserve.

Pros

Get payed

Cons

More safety in the workplace needed Pay the semi skilled operator

Terrible employer

Wouldn't advise taking outdoor work with the council.they treat staff terribly.has to be the worst employer I have ever worked for. the job has nothing going for it.staff treated with a complete lack of respect.no opportunities to progress from warden.

Pros

Secure work

Cons

Poor pay, conditions. Abuse, violence at work.

Warm and Welcoming.

Generally, the environment is stress-free, a typical day at work is getting task done, learned how to use the franking machine, and I enjoyed the way people were friendly. Though I spent a few weeks there, it felt like I have been there forever which makes me want to be there again.

Productive and friendly work environment

I enjoyed my placement in limerick city and county council and believe that I learnt a lot of new skills. I would recommend working for this company as it is a very friendly workplace.

A changing and exciting organisation to work in

A really enjoyable and interesting place to work especially if you are a change management position. Staff are engaging and helpful. Managers are supportive. There are several different locations. Each office has a different cultural feel e.g. some are very warm and welcoming. Interacting with staff is very enjoyable. Limerick is winning business, creating jobs, regenerating its urban centre, and redefining its public image. Limerick has grown through positive disruption, having taken bold decisions to recover from the economic crisis. Its council has a well-articulated vision for the future, and a plan and commitment to make it happen. There is a remarkable degree of community and business ‘buy-in’ to the future vision of the city. Almost 15,800 jobs have been announced since 2013 with more than €1.7bn of investment by new or existing companies. The re-redevelopment and regeneration of the city centre –the most transformational and largest commercial property development programme outside Dublin- is well underway thanks to the establishment of Limerick Twenty Thirty DAC.

Pros

Based in the City Centre

Cons

Car parking not given as a part of a normal contract

Great place to work.

Great place to work in the city and in Raheen. • Providing desktop support to staff for Microsoft products and issues logged through the in-house ticketing. • Extensive use of Active Directory to correct password issues. The setting up of new users with the correct group policy permissions set out by the IT department and Human Resources. • Logging Calls from users where necessary and ensuring they were dealt with accordingly by the different support levels. • Updating knowledge library with current best practice fixes and logging and changes in Change Management system. • Working as part of a team for hardware roll-outs including the setting up of new PC’s, Laptops and their peripherals. • Department relocations due to organisational restructuring throughout their Seven sites. • Working closely with the Delivery Manager to carry out network maintenance and network upgrades. • Carrying out inventory checks across the different sites and updating the Asset Management System.

Loved working here, made amazing friends for life, good work/life balance, management are approachable, money is not great for the amount of work you do, but yearly increaments, Holdiays are good.

Pros

Free Parking, amazing people to work with, good work/life balance, flexitime

Cons

alot of pressure

Challenging and Friendly Environment

Nice place to work, extremely busy, plenty of responsibility. Overall, highly recommended

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Limerick City and County Council. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Limerick City and County Council Reviews by Location

• Limerick City and County Council
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?