Limerick City and County Council

Limerick City and County Council Employee Reviews

Generally, the environment is stress-free, a typical day at work is getting task done, learned how to use the franking machine, and I enjoyed the way people were friendly. Though I spent a few weeks there, it felt like I have been there forever which makes me want to be there again.
I enjoyed my placement in limerick city and county council and believe that I learnt a lot of new skills. I would recommend working for this company as it is a very friendly workplace.
very intense faced paced work place. dealing with complaints and members of the public both in person and over the phone. must be able to handle a lot of verbal abuse from members of the public
A really enjoyable and interesting place to work especially if you are a change management position. Staff are engaging and helpful. Managers are supportive. There are several different locations. Each office has a different cultural feel e.g. some are very warm and welcoming. Interacting with staff is very enjoyable. Limerick is winning business, creating jobs, regenerating its urban centre, and redefining its public image. Limerick has grown through positive disruption, having taken bold decisions to recover from the economic crisis. Its council has a well-articulated vision for the future, and a plan and commitment to make it happen. There is a remarkable degree of community and business ‘buy-in’ to the future vision of the city. Almost 15,800 jobs have been announced since 2013 with more than €1.7bn of investment by new or existing companies. The re-redevelopment and regeneration of the city centre –the most transformational and largest commercial property development programme outside Dublin- is well underway thanks to the establishment of Limerick Twenty Thirty DAC.
Pros
Based in the City Centre
Cons
Car parking not given as a part of a normal contract
Great place to work in the city and in Raheen. • Providing desktop support to staff for Microsoft products and issues logged through the in-house ticketing. • Extensive use of Active Directory to correct password issues. The setting up of new users with the correct group policy permissions set out by the IT department and Human Resources. • Logging Calls from users where necessary and ensuring they were dealt with accordingly by the different support levels. • Updating knowledge library with current best practice fixes and logging and changes in Change Management system. • Working as part of a team for hardware roll-outs including the setting up of new PC’s, Laptops and their peripherals. • Department relocations due to organisational restructuring throughout their Seven sites. • Working closely with the Delivery Manager to carry out network maintenance and network upgrades. • Carrying out inventory checks across the different sites and updating the Asset Management System.
Loved working here, made amazing friends for life, good work/life balance, management are approachable, money is not great for the amount of work you do, but yearly increaments, Holdiays are good.
Pros
Free Parking, amazing people to work with, good work/life balance, flexitime
Cons
alot of pressure
Nice place to work, extremely busy, plenty of responsibility. Overall, highly recommended
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Limerick City and County Council?