Limerick City and County Council
Limerick City and County Council Employee Review

Challenging and Friendly Environment

24 February 2014
Nice place to work, extremely busy, plenty of responsibility. Overall, highly recommended
7 June 2020
Work Placement (Former Employee) - Limerick
Generally, the environment is stress-free, a typical day at work is getting task done, learned how to use the franking machine, and I enjoyed the way people were friendly.
Though I spent a few weeks there, it felt like I have been there forever which makes me want to be there again.
5 April 2020
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) - Limerick
I enjoyed my placement in limerick city and county council and believe that I learnt a lot of new skills. I would recommend working for this company as it is a very friendly workplace.
8 August 2019
Digital Records Manager (Current Employee) - Merchants Quay, Limerick City
A really enjoyable and interesting place to work especially if you are a change management position. Staff are engaging and helpful. Managers are supportive. There are several different locations. Each office has a different cultural feel e.g. some are very warm and welcoming. Interacting with staff is very enjoyable.

Limerick is winning business, creating jobs, regenerating its urban centre, and redefining its public image.

Limerick has grown through positive disruption, having taken bold decisions to recover from the economic crisis. Its council has a well-articulated vision for the future, and a plan and commitment to make it happen. There is a remarkable degree of community and business ‘buy-in’ to the future vision of the city.

Almost 15,800 jobs have been announced since 2013 with more than €1.7bn of investment by new or existing companies. The re-redevelopment and regeneration of the city centre –the most transformational and largest commercial property development programme outside Dublin- is well underway thanks to the establishment of Limerick Twenty Thirty DAC.
Pros
Based in the City Centre
Cons
Car parking not given as a part of a normal contract