Lionbridge
Coronavirus update
Information from Lionbridge:

Lionbridge Employee Reviews for Map Analyst

Map Analyst4 reviews
Pull you from a protect and sack you for working too fast, at pennies per task you try and work speedily to meet a minimum wage but if you go over they suspend you for rushing even if the work is fine.
Paid 2 months after work is complete.
Pros
Work when you want
Cons
Suspend all the time for working too fast or slow
For whatever reason they don't keep people very long. I only worked for them for 2 months, the first month I recieved a bonus for being one of their top analysts and by the next month they said my quality rating was too low and fired me. The way I did the job didn't change. Every practice test I took I got a high score on so I think they just make up scores.
Pros
As long as you work 10 hours a week they don't care when you work.
Cons
You can only work a max of 20 hours a week. They only communicate through email.
Having studied on my own time and passed the entrance exam, I started being a map evaluator for Lionbridge. What they don't tell you until you start is that every time you are allocated to a new task, you have to study pages and pages of instructions on your own time not to mention the pointless webinars. This actually added up to more than the time I was paid for. The time pressure is immense (and I don't understand this as you are paid per item not by time) and if you are too slow they tell you to 'use your best judgement' ie guess. This does not lead to any job satisfaction at all. On 2 occasions I was paid less than the advertised rate and when I queried it I was told the printed rate was a mistake. Then you have to pay bank fees on your salary as it is paid from Ireland. I ended up earning about £4.00 per hour if you include all the training required. This job is just a huge scam and the time constraints are completely impossible. I was given 1 second to evaluate certain items and they took 3 seconds to load! When I asked the company about this, they just said they would not be changing anything. My greatest relief was the day I left. Please investigate this place very carefully before applying.
I was suppose to be a map analyst, but they had me branching out to rate lots of other tasks unrelated to maps. For each new task type, you have to read long pdf files to learn. I was not good at the other tasks they tried to give me. I was the best at being the map analyst that I was hired to be. (They grade your work regularly, which can be unpleasant.) There was no way to just narrow yourself to the types of tasks that you're originally hired for. You were forced to do the other types of tasks they gave you. They put new tasks up and if you had not read the 50-plus page pdfs on those new tasks, you were going to get them wrong and be graded accordingly. If you did not submit enough tasks in the week, they sent out what I could only describe as moderately aggressively worded emails about how you were not making enough hours. They would aggressively push you to rate more and more tasks even if you were not good at the types of they kept putting up, and were technically not the tasks types you were hired for. When first starting with Lionbridge, my impression was that training was temporary and would be finished and done with at some point, so I was ok with the unpaid training. But training is constant and always unpaid. The hours spend reading all the long training PDFs do not get counted towards the hours you spent on the program for the week. If you spent the alloted 4 hours you had planned for yourself for the day to read a pdf and then your child woke up before you could have a chance to rate anything, to them it looked as though you had not spent any time on the - more...
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Lionbridge?