Little Stars Crèche and Montessori
Little Stars Crèche and Montessori Employee Review

Nice place to work, management and staff friendly, love the work I do, really enjoy spending time with the little kids

26 November 2013
I used to work any hours from 7.30 am to 6.00 pm. Breakfast, Snacks and Dinner are all served throughout the day. After breakfast, in the mornings I used to work in a Montessori classroom, teaching children from 3 to 5 years of age. In the afternoons, I worked with children from 6 months up to the age of 5 years. I changed nappies, engaged the children in arts and crafts, played floor games and table top activities and puzzles. I also monitored their sleep times and other various activities. I am a team player and loved working as part of a team, but am also able to work off my own initiative and ideas. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the children, seeing their little faces brighten up into smiles or when they used to scrunch their noses just before they cried. The little things they do, that is what I loved. In my spare time outside of work, I also babysit for a number of families.
17 November 2017
Same role
Childcare Worker (Former Employee) - Dublin
This creche is poorly managed. Staff are sent home if the numbers are low, even if they had just arrived to work. Lack of communication between management and staff. Lots of pressure, childcare workers over ratio constantly, lack of materials to provide activities for the children. Staff are moved from room to room constantly. High staff turnover due to unfair treatment and pressure.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Bad management
24 October 2014
Same role
Childcare Assistant (Former Employee) - Dublin, D7
It is very nice place to work for. It is like a big family, people are friendly and helpful. I have developed my communication skills, adaptation skill, organize skill, knowledge of children's behavior, emotions, Good teamwork, etc. Daily routine for staff have been planed well. I was very happy work with my partner, we cooperated well for daily activities. The most difficulty part was dealing with difficult children. But I have learnt to be patient and give them time to settle in the new environment and allow them to tell you what they want with verbal or body language. I enjoyed it most was to see children growing up under my care. I could tell they are developing every day by picking new words, learning new task, to be responsible for small events, etc.
Pros
Handy location, friendly place
Cons
Badly paid
18 June 2020
Afterschool assistant (Former Employee) - Duleek, County Meath
I loved working in littlestars. The staff were very nice. Owner easy to talk to. She treats her staff very well and her staff work to reflect this. There is plenty of multitasking in force. There is great job satisfaction in it.
Pros
Close proximity to where I live
Cons
Very busy