Little Stars Crèche and Montessori

Little Stars Crèche and Montessori Employee Reviews for Childcare Provider

It is very nice place to work for. It is like a big family, people are friendly and helpful. I have developed my communication skills, adaptation skill, organize skill, knowledge of children's behavior, emotions, Good teamwork, etc. Daily routine for staff have been planed well. I was very happy work with my partner, we cooperated well for daily activities. The most difficulty part was dealing with difficult children. But I have learnt to be patient and give them time to settle in the new environment and allow them to tell you what they want with verbal or body language. I enjoyed it most was to see children growing up under my care. I could tell they are developing every day by picking new words, learning new task, to be responsible for small events, etc.
Pros
Handy location, friendly place
Cons
Badly paid
This creche is poorly managed. Staff are sent home if the numbers are low, even if they had just arrived to work. Lack of communication between management and staff. Lots of pressure, childcare workers over ratio constantly, lack of materials to provide activities for the children. Staff are moved from room to room constantly. High staff turnover due to unfair treatment and pressure.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Bad management
I used to work any hours from 7.30 am to 6.00 pm. Breakfast, Snacks and Dinner are all served throughout the day. After breakfast, in the mornings I used to work in a Montessori classroom, teaching children from 3 to 5 years of age. In the afternoons, I worked with children from 6 months up to the age of 5 years. I changed nappies, engaged the children in arts and crafts, played floor games and table top activities and puzzles. I also monitored their sleep times and other various activities. I am a team player and loved working as part of a team, but am also able to work off my own initiative and ideas. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the children, seeing their little faces brighten up into smiles or when they used to scrunch their noses just before they cried. The little things they do, that is what I loved. In my spare time outside of work, I also babysit for a number of families.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Little Stars Crèche and Montessori?