LivingSocial

LivingSocial Employee Reviews

Thoroughly enjoyed my time working for LivingSocial. Although the mission and vision of the core company offering was slightly loosely defined, the people were passionate, the culture was positively rich, and the journey - due to the stages of hyper growth - was never boring.
- Always felt excited to go to work - Learnt a great deal from the Managers and the CEO - Nice mixed workplace culture - work was always smooth running
Pros
Free Snacks
Cons
High levels of expectation
Working here was career suicide! They have no clue on how to operate with integrity. Be prepared to be hit with racial slurs then fired before you have the guts to go to HR. It doesn’t matter how good you are or how well you’re producing, if you’re not slamming back brews at the bar after work or laughing at “Redneck Jokes” at a National Sales Conference (yes, this actually happened), prepared to be hit with “you’re just not a good cultural fit.” It’s a shame.
I truly enjoyed working for Livingsocial. They had a culture that I have not seen duplicated at any business or location since they closed their doors here in Tucson.
I started at LivingSocial right after they launched. I survived 3 different territory lay offs but when they sold to Groupon they let all outside reps go.
mise en concurrence entre commerciaux, par des secteurs communs, prose des challenges qu ils n honorent pas
We were expected to work 10 to 12 hour shifts every day, 6 days a week. We did that for 7 months and though it was tiring we somehow didn't mind, because we knew we had to do whatever it took to provide world class service. And we did just that.
We were like sales rock stars and got treated that way. We were fully trained in Salesforce and learned great sales techniques for presentation on iPads and. Computer sharing software. Role playing and sales modeling.
I enjoyed it mostly. At times, it was tough due to the culture and customers, but overall good. The call center environment is definitely for the tough skinned.
I don't think they are in business anymore, so why does this really matter? The company was all smoke and mirrors. They hooked you with promises they never kept.
It was my contract job. I learn more about test methodologies. I got new skills in manual testing experience. It was remotely job and I had new experience in this field.
Company culture was fun and challenging. Opportunities were afforded to those who took the initiative to put forth effort to be recognized. Met some awesome people there.
Was a great work environment with a lot of young people. Long hours as its a start up and things were constantly changing but overall good place to work.
I enjoyed my position here but not my territory I had been assigned Detroit during the recession and Detroit's economic decline. It was a tough sales process during this time.
Lovely place to work with plenty of lovely people. Made some great friendships at this place. Unfortunate that the CEO made an important decision (that implicated most of the people working there) overnight, without any warning.
Inspired company that wanted to do great things but perhaps got a little ahead of itself and unfortunately faltered in it's execution. Great place to learn and grow but management was a little spotty from the top down.
This place was great while it lasted! Good relationships developed here! I still look back fondly on the time that I was there. What a ride! Did you ever think you could get a hot stone massage on a go kart???!!! (Just kidding but not really)
Pros
People
Cons
LivingSocial is filled with very smart people, and when you get paired with the right manager and team, there is a potential to learn a great deal. You have to fight for yourself when it comes to raises and promotions.
Game room, free snacks, wonderful management, but mandatory overtime was very common. I would often work 60 hours in a week, and end up working some on the weekends.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
mandatory overtime
Had a good employment but got stressed in the job. Employees and managers are helpful, career improvement opportunities, competitive salary and excellent benefits.
  1. Employee reviews