Lodge Service

Lodge Service Employee Reviews

Ireland18 reviews
Very good company to work for. Have had a lot or personal problems over last few months and management have looked after me with time off at short notice. And changed my shifts at short notice.
Pros
Good hours and managers.
Cons
Be careful about what they promise.
Ask for it in writing.

They tell you what pay you will recieve just to get you to join them.

But when contract is emailed its totally different.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
Never been with such a horrible company: one week you get your hours and the next you are working like a part time. Never got a premium rate for bank holidays and sundays spent at work. Management is made of arrogant people who treat you like sh#*t. Only false promises about wages and benefits at the interview!!
Big disappointment, never again with them.
A negative company in all their outlook: employees treated like dirt,
no overtime, no travel expenses, no Sunday allowance or extra pay for bank holiday, no management.

The lady in the office thinks she is God :if you complain it's always your fault and they are right. Even if wages are incorrect the say it's ok to rob you.

If I could rate them zero stars I would. Avoid those robbers
I worked for them for months as retail security officer and store detective: travel expenses have never been reimbursed as promised, haven't been paid fairly and hours were missing from my payslip. Never got a bank holiday paid and was put in even on day off. Couldn't wait to leave. Avoid!!
15 April 2020
I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time with Lodge Service however your comments are incorrect in their content. Authorized travel expenses are always paid to staff. It would appear in your case you incurred expenses you did not authorize in advance with your Manager and then were disappointed when you were refused payment for them even though those expenses were not related to your work for us. Our rota system is automated so if hours are ever missing from an Officers payslip it is because they have not logged on properly for their shift. If the matter was risen with the Office it is easily resolved. Our pay is based on or above the Employment Regulation order for the industry so is always fair and Public Holidays are paid or given in lieu so your statement is incorrect.
Easily the worst company offering you a job just to cover the shifts. You don't get paid properly, management is inconsistent, will send you anywhere and everywhere, changing your roster when they need, no day off when you are supposed to rest. I strongly recommend you should avoid a job with them!!
15 April 2020
You were taken on as a cover retail security officer to cover days off and holidays in different stores for full time officers and therefore of course you were moved around stores. We pay all our staff properly on or above ERO rates.
The manager promised me a full time job. After a few months they put me on a three day weeks I checked my contract it was a part time one , my mistake for not checking the fine print. I spoke to my manager he told me that if I didn't like it I can always leave. I am looking for a new job. Avoid the company like the plague.
15 April 2020
I am sorry you did not enjoy your time with Lodge Service. you were taken on a part-time contract and told if you proved yourself over the following six months there would be an opportunity to progress to having a full time position in your own store. Your performance was less than impressive and hence why you remained on the part-time contract. We offer all our staff the opportunity to progress but it is not just given, it is earned.
The company operates transparent policy and always listen to you if you ask for some days off ahead. Your salary is monthly but with a fixed date and never short change you
The work is tough some of the sites can be very stressful but your paid on time and well. Dealing with the worst of the worst is usual working for lodge due to the sites they have.
For anyone who wants to work for LODGE SERVICE SECURITY everyone should know that !!!
No matter how good you will be, when you need some help from the head office or Area Manager you will be denied instantly, the head office from Lodge doesn't care if someone has a problem and if you try to explain to them on the phone what your problem is, they will turn off your phone and make you feel very disappointed.

I don't know how I have resisted for so many years working for this company where people, employees are just numbers like ghetto .

I was called many times in my free days after 48 hours already done worked and they forced me verbally to accept to work, they reproached me for refusing jobs and I will be fired, I will lose my job.

I DON'T RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY AS ONE IN WHICH YOU CAN MAKE THE CAREER, I DON'T RECOMMEND AS A COMPANY WHERE YOU CAN BE SURE FOR THE SAME PERMANENT WORK.

STRONG RECOMMEND TO AVOID THIS COMPANY!
15 April 2020
i am sorry you feel that way. We done our very best for you but unfortunately you had a different excuse every day as to why you could not work at all, or could not work in a particular store etc...
I have worked lodge for nearly 2 years now and had a problem with the management i find them very fair never had a problem getting time off and plenty hours available. And i enjoy working for them
Pros
Plenty of hours available
I have worked for lodge service from 2016. To me lodge Is one of the best companies I have worked for. Anytime I want days off they have no issue. The area manager is always there for you if you have a problem.
Pros
Pay is always accurate and on time in your account.
Lodge could be a great company BUT there is one problem with the company, the area manager. He is lazy, incompetent, brash, unmannered, uneducated, unable to deal with people has no management or people skills. Throws his weight arond, forces employees to cover shifts, never has the common courtesy to ask someone to do an extra shift just makes you do it. It's a shame because the director of the company is a great man and only God knows why he keeps this clown as an employee.
15 April 2020
It is unfortunate you had a disagreement with the Area Manager however given how well overall you were treated by our company it is disappointing to see this review.
Terrible management and admin. Very little notice for hours. Never grant time off or holidays. Losing more contracts and staff each week. God help you if you call in sick some day. Wages are often wrong and you are paid monthly and given no breakdown of hours on payslips. There's plenty other companies hiring where you will be treated better. Stay away.
15 April 2020
Time off and holidays must be booked in advance. you felt you could just ring the office and tell us when you were taking time off without any warning hence this was not allowed. Wages are always correct as long as the employee logs in correctly on the automated system each day.
Promised the moon at the job interview, plenty of hours, a higher salary than expected, training and induction paid. Indeed nothing good, only false promises: no lunch break paid, no travel expenses refund, tried to put me on duty even on holiday or day off. Supervisor changing roster every time. Don't work for them, look somewhere else.
Pros
Cons
too many to be reported
Your only paid monthly. never guaranteed a full weeks work ie (39 hrs) so your never guaranteed a full time permanent position. Rosters are only given to you on Fridays for the following week only.
Pros
Cons
unreliable for hours.
One of the worst companies I've ever worked for: based in Dublun as retail s/o was moved from shop to shop every week, no training given and phone calls even on my day off to put me on duty straight away. Payslip wrong every time and when complained for that with the office they said it's OK. Had to write to the head of the company to get the issue sorted. AVOID
Pros
Uniform supplied
Cons
My boss was the nicest person you'd come across. Unfortunately after christmas they let go several staff members including myself. However, I would work for them again in a heartbeat.