Lodge Service

Lodge Service Employee Reviews

Promises everything but delivers nothing
Static Retail Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Waterford22 January 2020
The manager promised me a full time job. After a few months they put me on a three day weeks I checked my contract it was a part time one , my mistake for not checking the fine print. I spoke to my manager he told me that if I didn't like it I can always leave. I am looking for a new job. Avoid the company like the plague.
Good company
Retail Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dublin23 November 2019
The work is tough some of the sites can be very stressful but your paid on time and well. Dealing with the worst of the worst is usual working for lodge due to the sites they have.
Retail Security Officer (Current Employee)
Retail Security Officer (Former Employee) –  all over Dublin29 October 2019
I recommend any other company only NO! NO! NO! Lodge NO !.
Please stay away from LODGE SERVICE, nothing is done for the employees, the employees are just numbers! The area manager is very ignorant and he is a man who forces you to do something for the company, he never asks you to do something, he just obliges you.
The staff in the Lodge offices are ignorant, these people who work in the Lodge offices for the Lodge Service, can never talk to them, if you have a problem and call them to explain the problem they will have to turn off your phone in while you explain them....

1). You don't have the same job for a longer period of time.

2). They are not interested in how much time you lose to get to work and how long you struggle to get back home.
( Imagine that any of us work 12 hours night shift and it takes 2 and a half hours to come to work and another 2 and a half hours to return home from work, that means 17 hours out of 24
When does a man rest? )

3). At first they promise you the moon from heaven but after ... you will not even receive any attention or thank you.

I'm assuming what I'm saying !
Avoid this company!
Pros
nothing
Sorry but I can't lie, it's a bad company!
Security Agent (Former Employee) –  Dublin22 October 2019
For anyone who wants to work for LODGE SERVICE SECURITY everyone should know that !!!
No matter how good you will be, when you need some help from the head office or Area Manager you will be denied instantly, the head office from Lodge doesn't care if someone has a problem and if you try to explain to them on the phone what your problem is, they will turn off your phone and make you feel very disappointed.
I don't know how I have resisted for so many years working for this company where people, employees are just numbers like ghetto .
I was called many times in my free days after 48 hours already done worked and they forced me verbally to accept to work, they reproached me for refusing jobs and I will be fired, I will lose my job.

I DON'T RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY AS ONE IN WHICH YOU CAN MAKE THE CAREER, I DON'T RECOMMEND AS A COMPANY WHERE YOU CAN BE SURE FOR THE SAME PERMANENT WORK.
STRONG RECOMMEND TO AVOID THIS COMPANY!
I enjoy working for lodge
Retail Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dublin14 October 2019
I have worked lodge for nearly 2 years now and had a problem with the management i find them very fair never had a problem getting time off and plenty hours available. And i enjoy working for them
Pros
Plenty of hours available
Excellent company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dublin14 October 2019
I have worked for lodge service from 2016. To me lodge Is one of the best companies I have worked for. Anytime I want days off they have no issue. The area manager is always there for you if you have a problem.
Pros
Pay is always accurate and on time in your account.
Bad Area Manager
Supervisor/Administrator/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Nenagh, County Tipperary11 October 2019
Lodge could be a great company BUT there is one problem with the company, the area manager. He is lazy, incompetent, brash, unmannered, uneducated, unable to deal with people has no management or people skills. Throws his weight arond, forces employees to cover shifts, never has the common courtesy to ask someone to do an extra shift just makes you do it. It's a shame because the director of the company is a great man and only God knows why he keeps this clown as an employee.
Terrible to work for.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Limerick16 August 2019
Terrible management and admin. Very little notice for hours. Never grant time off or holidays. Losing more contracts and staff each week. God help you if you call in sick some day. Wages are often wrong and you are paid monthly and given no breakdown of hours on payslips. There's plenty other companies hiring where you will be treated better. Stay away.
No go area.
Retail Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dublin city and outskirts28 July 2019
Promised the moon at the job interview, plenty of hours, a higher salary than expected, training and induction paid. Indeed nothing good, only false promises: no lunch break paid, no travel expenses refund, tried to put me on duty even on holiday or day off. Supervisor changing roster every time. Don't work for them, look somewhere else.
Pros
Cons
too many to be reported
Unreliable plkace for hours
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  everywhere11 July 2019
Your only paid monthly. never guaranteed a full weeks work ie (39 hrs) so your never guaranteed a full time permanent position. Rosters are only given to you on Fridays for the following week only.
Pros
Cons
unreliable for hours.
Horrible and Misleading
Retail Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dublin19 May 2019
One of the worst companies I've ever worked for: based in Dublun as retail s/o was moved from shop to shop every week, no training given and phone calls even on my day off to put me on duty straight away. Payslip wrong every time and when complained for that with the office they said it's OK. Had to write to the head of the company to get the issue sorted. AVOID
Pros
Uniform supplied
Cons
Great place to work for.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cork2 March 2017
My boss was the nicest person you'd come across. Unfortunately after christmas they let go several staff members including myself. However, I would work for them again in a heartbeat.