Lodge Service

Lodge Service Pay & benefits reviews

Ireland19 reviews
Very good company to work for. Have had a lot or personal problems over last few months and management have looked after me with time off at short notice. And changed my shifts at short notice.
Pros
Good hours and managers.
Cons
Worked there for over a year, no discrepancy in wages at any time. Could be stressful at times but overall decent company to work. They pay for every bank holidays as well, whether you work or not.
Pros
Wages are duly paid on time and accurately
Cons
Never been with such a horrible company: one week you get your hours and the next you are working like a part time. Never got a premium rate for bank holidays and sundays spent at work. Management is made of arrogant people who treat you like sh#*t. Only false promises about wages and benefits at the interview!!
Big disappointment, never again with them.
A negative company in all their outlook: employees treated like dirt,
no overtime, no travel expenses, no Sunday allowance or extra pay for bank holiday, no management.
The lady in the office thinks she is God :if you complain it's always your fault and they are right. Even if wages are incorrect the say it's ok to rob you.

If I could rate them zero stars I would. Avoid those robbers
I worked for them for months as retail security officer and store detective: travel expenses have never been reimbursed as promised, haven't been paid fairly and hours were missing from my payslip. Never got a bank holiday paid and was put in even on day off. Couldn't wait to leave. Avoid!!
Official response from Lodge Service
15 April 2020
I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time with Lodge Service however your comments are incorrect in their content. Authorized travel expenses are always paid to staff. It would appear in your case you incurred expenses you did not authorize in advance with your Manager and then were disappointed when you were refused payment for them even though those expenses were not related to your work for us. Our rota system is automated so if hours are ever missing from an Officers payslip it is because they have not logged on properly for their shift. If the matter was risen with the Office it is easily resolved. Our pay is based on or above the Employment Regulation order for the industry so is always fair and Public Holidays are paid or given in lieu so your statement is incorrect.
The company operates transparent policy and always listen to you if you ask for some days off ahead. Your salary is monthly but with a fixed date and never short change you
I have worked lodge for nearly 2 years now and had a problem with the management i find them very fair never had a problem getting time off and plenty hours available. And i enjoy working for them
Pros
Plenty of hours available
Terrible management and admin. Very little notice for hours. Never grant time off or holidays. Losing more contracts and staff each week. God help you if you call in sick some day. Wages are often wrong and you are paid monthly and given no breakdown of hours on payslips. There's plenty other companies hiring where you will be treated better. Stay away.
Official response from Lodge Service
15 April 2020
Time off and holidays must be booked in advance. you felt you could just ring the office and tell us when you were taking time off without any warning hence this was not allowed. Wages are always correct as long as the employee logs in correctly on the automated system each day.
Promised the moon at the job interview, plenty of hours, a higher salary than expected, training and induction paid. Indeed nothing good, only false promises: no lunch break paid, no travel expenses refund, tried to put me on duty even on holiday or day off. Supervisor changing roster every time. Don't work for them, look somewhere else.
Pros
Cons
too many to be reported
Your only paid monthly. never guaranteed a full weeks work ie (39 hrs) so your never guaranteed a full time permanent position. Rosters are only given to you on Fridays for the following week only.
Pros
Cons
unreliable for hours.
My boss was the nicest person you'd come across. Unfortunately after christmas they let go several staff members including myself. However, I would work for them again in a heartbeat.