Londis Employee Reviews

12 years
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dundalk, County Louth23 July 2019
Great place just needed a change,would recommend working there great for getting the time off u need, Will always get paid on time.always extra hours if needed
Pros
Customers
Cons
Same wage
Comfortable and fun workplace
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lucan, County Dublin19 June 2019
Everyday was exciting because I met different people everyday. I learnt that I'm very responsible for my age. Theres lots of different cultures that work in the shop from different backgrounds.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Heavy lifting
Deli
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin3 April 2019
I worked for Londis Deli. I felt the job was very Fast paced. I also had to do jobs that were not in my job description and I worked unrostered hours that I was not paid for.
The management was hard to contact and had to be done through the manager himself.
The staff got on well. There were no disputes that was made known to other staff members.
The hardest part of the job was when I was the only staff member rostered on from open to finish on Sundays as no tasks could be delegated.
Pros
Half price lunches
Cons
working alone on Sundays
Amazing fun place to work
Deli Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ballyhaunis, County Mayo3 March 2019
I've been working here for awhile now, and I have to say I couldn't ask for a better place to work. The staff are lovely, and friendly and made me feel so welcome. The owners are so nice and lovely to work for and they couldn't do enough for you.
My wages are paid into my account the same time every week with out fail, couldn't recommended this place enough.
Great local store
Sales (Current Employee) –  Ballyhaunis, County Mayo26 February 2019
I've been working in the Ballyhaunis store for almost two decades.

Management have always been fantastic and supportive. Colleagues make the work day feel short.

Wages paid weekly, on time with no problems, not one delay in 20 years.

Atmosphere is always fun, it is a great place to work.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ballyhaunis, County Mayo25 February 2019
Started working for londis Ballyhaunis a few weeks ago, All staff is lovely, wages are always in my bank on time every week! Great friendly environment 😊
Brilliant place to work
Checkout Operator (Current Employee) –  Ballyhaunis, County Mayo22 February 2019
Have worked here over 30 years, staff and management really nice. Brilliant working conditions, a really happy atmosphere. I found the management always helpful and supportive.
Pros
Lovely place to work
Deli staff (Former Employee) –  Dublin4 September 2018
That was my first contact with DELI, really amazing company, louds of things to learn, stock, cashier, sanduiche maker. Good atmosphere, funny, but always Busy
Tesco
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ireland16 July 2018
Fast moving, challenging, team focused, rewarding. improved my people skills while working for company. Learned a lot about myself. Career progress very good if want to seek it.
Pros
Rewarding culture.
Cons
Can burn out early.
not bad
Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath9 June 2018
I can not say a bad word on them,working there was always a pleasure of mine.I really appreciated what i have learned there,they are lovely people all.
Fun and Productive
Ireland - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Galway24 May 2018
Working at Londis involved daily customer interaction and care. Typical tasks included maintenance of stock levels and operation of cashier machines. Yes
Enjoyed Work Space
Shop Assistant and Security (Former Employee) –  Galway24 April 2018
Every morning I would clean the shelves (including the Freezers and Fridges), Mop the floors, clear out the bins, restock the shelves, clean out the coffee machine.
Pros
Long breaks, fun staff
Cons
Bad music in shop, owners not very nice
Fun workplace
Shop Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  An Teampall Mór, County Tipperary11 April 2018
A typical day at work is dealing with customers and stocking the shelves. Very good atmosphere and very nice people to work with. I learned a lot of money handling skills.
Pros
Discounted Tea/Coffee
Boring workplace.
Cashier/Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bray, County Wicklow6 April 2018
- I regularly took stock checks. - Stocked shelves. - I worked on the cash register. - Handling money. - Calculating change. - Worked on the deli, making food.
Pros
Free Deli food.
Fun and a Good experience
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cabra, County Dublin5 April 2018
opening up, taking in orders, holding on the tills serving customers break at 10 then back to work either packing shelves or serving customers, then a break at half 12, back to serving customers or packing shelves and if tired or hungry take another break at about half 5. then back to work and cleaning up before the day ends then mopping the floors or doing the cash then closing the shop.
Pros
half price lunches
Londis was where I started by career in buying.
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin18 March 2018
Londis is a spermarker chain with a large warehouse in Co. Kildare.
I worked in all areas, confectionery, wines and spirits, health and beauty, soft drinks and frozen foods.
The purchasing was very repetitive with little scope to develop new products.
Corbetts Londis Galway
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galway28 February 2018
Worked for them on a days trial and told me they were happy and would ring with the weeks schedule. Never rang and never got paid for my days work.

No apology since and no acknowledgement from owner when he sees me on the street.

AVOID at all costs.
Cons
No pay
Fun place to meet people
Senior Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dundalk, County Louth11 February 2018
Great place to work but no progression. Salary is as what you would imagine pay rise and benifets non existent . Expect to work weekends and late hours .
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Bad hours, poor pay.
Learn about shelving
SalesPerson (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 October 2017
It was my beginning job. I had good opportunity to learn many things about the business. I used to work at the tills and had good time for learning accuracy in nummeric.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Not fixed shift
cash girl
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Malahide, County Dublin19 September 2017
I worked on the till and stock control in londis , I learnt a lot about stock and how it worked , and dealing with day to day problems , cashing up and , interacting with the costomers