Londis

Londis Employee Reviews

Ireland75 reviews

Good for a first job

Good place to get retail experience. Management was nice, however didn’t get that many working hours. Work was easy and the staff were all really nice.

No work life balance, rude managers, low pay

Terrible place to work, no work life balance, constantly getting texts in the group chat over silly things and management have zero respect for your personal time. You are expected to be engaging in the group chat issues outside of your shifts. Pay was low and there were people the same age as me who joined after me, less experience that got higher pay for some unknown reason.

Insights into Londis

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energising work tasks

Good

Good place to work overall, need to make money so I don't mind it at all, I like it and can recommend to someone who needs to make extra cash for sure

Family business taking advantages

Very bad company politics.Bank holidays paid minimum rate even if full time.A very problematic store with a lot of shoplifting and intoxicated customers.Shop assistants are expected to be security while alone in the shop aswell as serving and restocking.All this for minimum wage.

Cons

Work relation policies not adhered to

Good job

Good place to work, good environment and good hours finished 7pm latest every evening , working mornings 7-3 is good too. Standard wage and benefits.

Easy work, good manager and co-workers mostly

Learned basic customer service skills and how to pack a store and run the tills.Manager and co-workers were great.Hard to look busy when its not busy.

First retail job

First retail job, rewarding in the experience I received. Minimum wage, decent hours. How busy it is varies from day to day. Okay to work for, no complaints.

Good place to work and good benefits, co-workers are always friendly and there to help you.Everyone always encourage you to do your best it’s good place to workWage is good aswell.

Pros

Free coffee per shift, discount at deli per shift, flexible to work for

Good staff, bad management

The other People that worked there were nice but management were a nightmare, the pay wasn't great and i was constantly getting my hours cut. Shop was always busy and understaffed so no reason for the lack of hours really.

Decent

An ok place to work, staff were nice. Hours were unsociable (late evenings Saturday nights) but management were very accommodating with college commitments and always allowed me to work around college.

Pros

Easy to get into work here without much experience

Cons

Unsociable hours and poor pay

Productive work place

No company benefits as in employee discount free lunch nothing also minimum wage below management but other than that I enjoyed working here and would recommend it.

Good first job

Enjoyed my time here, made good friends. Just outgrew the role, no opportunity to advance. It was a great first job, I learned a lot and developed great customer service

Pros

Great staff and customers

Cons

No opportunity to progress

Friendly staff and customers

The managers are the owners and it’s a very small premise so you develop a very close relationship with both owners and they are very nice most of the time, the work is easy and relaxing and the shifts are nice well paid and worth working in

Pros

Cash in hand, small village, good pay

Cons

Short hours

Horrible place to work

Many times I wasn’t paid correctly, I had often worked over time and hadn’t been paid. They never put holidays through correctly and there was so much stress and drama, not worth it to be honest.

Not a nice place to work 🙁

Didn't mind the job but the people to work for aren't easy. Make one mistake and they'll let you know. Felt uneasy working there. Asking for time off was drama and you'd be chasing them for asking for it. Never loved the job but the staff are so nice and made it that bit easier!

Pros

Coffee at lunch

Cons

Unsociable hours, always made a big thing asking for a day off or holidays, absolutely no gratitude for anything and would avoid conversation!

For beginner ok

interview was quick and easy, no need special level of English, management checked everyday on camera what staff was doing on shifts, no free or cheaper food or drink for staff, minimal wage, monotonous job, late 1 minute on break means less 15 minutes from payslip, you have to pay your uniform but they choose what to wear, rooster hust for following week, not certain full time hours per week

Pros

no need to use your brain, super for someone who just moved to Ireland, easy interview, no need good English

Cons

Wage, no benefits for food or drink

Worst Experience

The store Manager is just a headache in Grffin Londis (Park West). He just keeps on yelling on staff for no reason. Everyone working over there gets frustrated over there because of that Manager

Worst store iv ever worked in

Extremely unprofessional. No sence of hygiene or health and safety. Violent staff in the work place. No productivity scale. Future forecasting non existent.

Excellent Work Environment

The most important part of the job was to manage customers. It also included up-selling and cross-selling of the products. The role also included inventory management and stock rotation. the most enjoyable part of this job for me was the opportunity to develop interpersonal skills.

12 years

Great place just needed a change,would recommend working there great for getting the time off u need, Will always get paid on time.always extra hours if needed

Pros

Customers

Cons

Same wage

Comfortable and fun workplace

Everyday was exciting because I met different people everyday. I learnt that I'm very responsible for my age. Theres lots of different cultures that work in the shop from different backgrounds.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Heavy lifting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Londis. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Londis with

• Londis
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?