Londis

Londis Employee Reviews

Ireland61 reviews
The most important part of the job was to manage customers. It also included up-selling and cross-selling of the products. The role also included inventory management and stock rotation. the most enjoyable part of this job for me was the opportunity to develop interpersonal skills.
The managers were lazy made us workers do all the work while they sat around and ate crisps because it was their shop they owned it all anyone did was moan and there was lots of shop lifting
The store Manager is just a headache in Grffin Londis (Park West). He just keeps on yelling on staff for no reason. Everyone working over there gets frustrated over there because of that Manager
Extremely unprofessional. No sence of hygiene or health and safety. Violent staff in the work place. No productivity scale. Future forecasting non existent.
Great place just needed a change,would recommend working there great for getting the time off u need, Will always get paid on time.always extra hours if needed
Pros
Customers
Cons
Same wage
Everyday was exciting because I met different people everyday. I learnt that I'm very responsible for my age. Theres lots of different cultures that work in the shop from different backgrounds.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Heavy lifting
I worked for Londis Deli. I felt the job was very Fast paced. I also had to do jobs that were not in my job description and I worked unrostered hours that I was not paid for.
The management was hard to contact and had to be done through the manager himself.

The staff got on well. There were no disputes that was made known to other staff members.

The hardest part of the job was when I was the only staff member rostered on from open to finish on Sundays as no tasks could be delegated.
Pros
Half price lunches
Cons
working alone on Sundays
I've been working here for awhile now, and I have to say I couldn't ask for a better place to work. The staff are lovely, and friendly and made me feel so welcome. The owners are so nice and lovely to work for and they couldn't do enough for you.
My wages are paid into my account the same time every week with out fail, couldn't recommended this place enough.
Pros
I've been working in the Ballyhaunis store for almost two decades.

Management have always been fantastic and supportive. Colleagues make the work day feel short.

Wages paid weekly, on time with no problems, not one delay in 20 years.

Atmosphere is always fun, it is a great place to work.
Started working for londis Ballyhaunis a few weeks ago, All staff is lovely, wages are always in my bank on time every week! Great friendly environment 😊
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Londis?
Have worked here over 30 years, staff and management really nice. Brilliant working conditions, a really happy atmosphere. I found the management always helpful and supportive.
Pros
Lovely place to work
That was my first contact with DELI, really amazing company, louds of things to learn, stock, cashier, sanduiche maker. Good atmosphere, funny, but always Busy
Fast moving, challenging, team focused, rewarding. improved my people skills while working for company. Learned a lot about myself. Career progress very good if want to seek it.
Pros
Rewarding culture.
Cons
Can burn out early.
I can not say a bad word on them,working there was always a pleasure of mine.I really appreciated what i have learned there,they are lovely people all.
Working at Londis involved daily customer interaction and care. Typical tasks included maintenance of stock levels and operation of cashier machines. Yes
Every morning I would clean the shelves (including the Freezers and Fridges), Mop the floors, clear out the bins, restock the shelves, clean out the coffee machine.
Pros
Long breaks, fun staff
Cons
Bad music in shop, owners not very nice
A typical day at work is dealing with customers and stocking the shelves. Very good atmosphere and very nice people to work with. I learned a lot of money handling skills.
Pros
Discounted Tea/Coffee
- I regularly took stock checks. - Stocked shelves. - I worked on the cash register. - Handling money. - Calculating change. - Worked on the deli, making food.
Pros
Free Deli food.
Cons
opening up, taking in orders, holding on the tills serving customers break at 10 then back to work either packing shelves or serving customers, then a break at half 12, back to serving customers or packing shelves and if tired or hungry take another break at about half 5. then back to work and cleaning up before the day ends then mopping the floors or doing the cash then closing the shop.
Pros
half price lunches
Londis is a spermarker chain with a large warehouse in Co. Kildare.
I worked in all areas, confectionery, wines and spirits, health and beauty, soft drinks and frozen foods.

The purchasing was very repetitive with little scope to develop new products.
Worked for them on a days trial and told me they were happy and would ring with the weeks schedule. Never rang and never got paid for my days work.

No apology since and no acknowledgement from owner when he sees me on the street.

AVOID at all costs.
Cons
No pay