Londis

Londis Management reviews

Ireland62 reviews
interview was quick and easy, no need special level of English, management checked everyday on camera what staff was doing on shifts, no free or cheaper food or drink for staff, minimal wage, monotonous job, late 1 minute on break means less 15 minutes from payslip, you have to pay your uniform but they choose what to wear, rooster hust for following week, not certain full time hours per week
Pros
no need to use your brain, super for someone who just moved to Ireland, easy interview, no need good English
Cons
Wage, no benefits for food or drink
The store Manager is just a headache in Grffin Londis (Park West). He just keeps on yelling on staff for no reason. Everyone working over there gets frustrated over there because of that Manager
The most important part of the job was to manage customers. It also included up-selling and cross-selling of the products. The role also included inventory management and stock rotation. the most enjoyable part of this job for me was the opportunity to develop interpersonal skills.
I worked for Londis Deli. I felt the job was very Fast paced. I also had to do jobs that were not in my job description and I worked unrostered hours that I was not paid for.
The management was hard to contact and had to be done through the manager himself.
The staff got on well. There were no disputes that was made known to other staff members.

The hardest part of the job was when I was the only staff member rostered on from open to finish on Sundays as no tasks could be delegated.
Pros
Half price lunches
Cons
working alone on Sundays
I've been working in the Ballyhaunis store for almost two decades.

Management have always been fantastic and supportive. Colleagues make the work day feel short.

Wages paid weekly, on time with no problems, not one delay in 20 years.

Atmosphere is always fun, it is a great place to work.
Have worked here over 30 years, staff and management really nice. Brilliant working conditions, a really happy atmosphere. I found the management always helpful and supportive.
Pros
Lovely place to work
This was my first job and loved it straight away staff and management were all so nice . Work here for a number of years and loved every minute of it. Unfortunately the owner sold this store on .
Good to gain experience and as it was my first role ever, I appreciated the good management and the good relations between staff members . I recommend this workplace.
A typical day of work was always fun and enjoyable, I have learned a lot of new experience working with different type of workers, how to team work, how to solve problems all together and be more confident. Management was great,There was not hardest part of the in this job, the most enjoyable part of the job is when we could all reached our goal!!!
Pros
FREE lunches AND BUS TICKETS
Cons
Non
In a typical day i would expect to have to have a large to do list. Most of the grunt work is reserved for me since i'm lowest on the food chain since the new management took over.

I've learned lots of things over the past few years from working the bailing machine to managing accounts.

The management is unfair with no room for advancement as the manager brought all his staff along with him and they all hold higher job titles than me and get all the hours leaving me with 10 hours or less a week.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
No hours, Large work loads, Many till problems.
check in at work at first, just a typical sales assistant, working as a cashier and during lunchtime worked at the deli until rush hours, the management was very good, enjoyed the work there
the hardest part was working at the deli during lunchtime the line was long and full of impatient customers waiting to order that hardest part of the job, everyone one was friendly i enjoyed my time there and gains a lot of work experience
Pros
good work experience
Cons
staying busy during less busy days
- a typical day at work: preparing food for customers, serving customers and operating till
- My first job in Ireland so I studied first of all in English, order and delivery

- The Management wonderfully everything well organized, the owner of the shop nice and helpful
- Co workers very good
- Due to the location of the shop (Jobstown) the hardest part of the work was in contact with difficult customers sometimes even rude

- I enjoyed everything and is happy to go to work in
Pros
a lot of hours and a good salary, good employer, nice atmosphere
Cons
no good locaion ( Jobstown)