Lowe's Home Improvement

Lowe's Home Improvement Employee Reviews

Showing all 50,215 reviews

really liked the workplace and enviroment the boss was lovely aswell

Serving food to customers. Re setting tables. Bar service. I learned to handle difficult customers in a calm manner. The staff were friendly.

Pros

Great atmosphere on a busy Sunday

Cons

Can get very loud and can be long hours in a small local pub/

Not Good

Very understaffed and disorganized, had to do multiple peoples jobs and most of the managers really didn’t care, the customers were the worst. overall the best part was the vending machines in the break room

Your mileage my vary

It's retail. It's a fun job, overall, but not worth the stress to work for longtime. After the peak season ends, staff is stretched thin and the job quickly loses its appeal. They do not honor work-life balance and are hostile to employees who do not want to make Lowe's their entire lives.

Unorganized and inconsistent treatment of employees

Unorganized, insufficient management, Employees treated unfairly Younger people there are given freedom to do what they want, when they want. Lazy attitude and play games on cell phones

They are focus on credit cards sign ups and sales, Given the fact that past two years there was free money given out!It would be very difficult to meet or exceed those numbers .Leaderships focus is clearly off ! As for employee input none is ever asked. The hours are incredibly base on sales with no given thought on employee personal life! This store would clearly function and be more profitable if stores hours would be cut. No reason to be open after 7:00 pm .

Pros

Cons

Medical

Experience varies

I’ve found that it really depends what store you work at. Some managers better than other. You definitely need some self motivation. Generally welcoming of new people. I learned a lot but unfortunately most was self taught. Overall I enjoy working here. Decent benefits. Does have a program to pay for schooling. Cons: cross training. Too much dependence on cross training is spreading us too thin, overwhelming new associates, stressing customers off. Better training and better staffing is needed.

Good

Pretty interest work experience. I joined when they didn’t have an outside MST so it was a massive learning curve for everyone, but overall it was a good part time job.

A Doubled-Edged Sword

On one hand the job is fairly simple and once your a few weeks in it becomes second nature. On the other hand work culture is incredibly toxic and demeaning, the longer and more valuable of a worker, the worse you are treated.Lowes only wants you to work there seasonally and then they want you gone, work there for 3-4 months, then leave is my advice.

Not so great

Poor supervision when the customers request a supervisor they don’t want to come to the phone and they keep telling the reps what to get back in the phone and say. A lot of time they have no idea when the customers products are

Fun place to work

I met some of my closest friends working here. The head cashiers were amazing and never failed to help you when you needed help. Management was great about getting you time off and working around your availability

They don't care if you have experience

You will work any they put you then hire non experienced people for the job you qualify for. Management does not encourage any advancement if you ask for help to advance.

I would avoid at all costs

I worked for Lowe’s for 8 months starting as a Department Supervisor and this by far has been one of the worst places I’ve ever worked. For someone who is serious about their job, this place isn’t for you. There is a huge lack of support from leadership because turnover is so high and they are all new all the time. Very few people in the store even know what they are doing because there is a severe lack of on the job training. You just get thrown into the fire; which is not good for a place that has bad processes all across the board. The structure of the stores and who does what makes no sense and is not efficient. The amount of things to do in a day is unreasonable and there is so much understaffing and callouts that you are expected to make up for that. The systems are a joke and don’t speak to each other correctly causing all sorts of customer issues. They also freeze up and credit system doesn’t work either. The culture is very dark and negative and no one is good enough. Managers are taught to delegate, yet the labor in stores is paper thin. Everything said is negative or only mentions what you didn’t do. The morale is very low in most stores for that reason. Every single customer asks you where something is, so you will never be able to accomplish the daily grueling tasks list. Work life balance is non existent. You will carry work home with you because you constantly get yelled at by customers for lack of accountability for delivery and installs. They butcher so many people’s orders and cause so much damage, but there is no quick fix remedy for them doing -

Pros

There’s always chances to move up because retention is so low

Cons

Read the description as it describes most of them, Being a public international company, Corporate Lowe’s is so out of touch with the reality working in a store, Shareholder interest is all that matters, Ridiculous profits need to fund store labor and infrastructure

Depends.

Management is what makes this job easy or hard. Good company good benefits. Just needs better management as like every retail job they play favorites and its tough to instill proper procedure when management isn't on the same page. Other than that its a great place to work overall.

Great Job

Growth within the company is Great and I also had transfer from Florida to Las Vegas with Lowe's, I Like how I can learn from Different Departments and Skills that I've Learned,I can take to any work place or Job. Experience was Great besides their Point System

nice job

it was okay not that bad. job was fun nice people and mangers. shifts were nice as well as the co workers and it was fun working. its a goof first Jobe

Pros

nice people

Bad place to work

Lowes is terrible to work for there alot of favoritism going and if there is an issue with employee relations it's one side I do not recommend anyone to work for lowes

Well rounded atmosphere

The managers are careless about the employees pay and well-being. The only thing they truly cared about is making a profit and achieving their store goals by getting their credit card apps. I only enjoyed the work-life balance and it’s the only reason I continued to work at Lowe’s. If you get hired on at Lowe’s they will pay the new employees more than the employees who have been with them for multiple years.

Pros

Flexible scheduling

Cons

Management, short staffed, bad pay, short breaks

Just wish the company put more effort into hiring more employees for my current position as I'm the only one staffed. In the process of transferring to a new position within the company due to short staff.

Lack of communication/training

There is a huge lack of communication and training. Getting other associates to help was not easy to do. There was Def a lot missed in my training. Also, it's boring and not much to get excited about.

fun workplace

fun workplace. decent pay. retail is a very interesting place to work and meet new and exciting people. management is 50/50, but that is based more on the person, not the company.

Management picks favorites and hard workers are swept under the rug

Management is awful and lazy they are never on the floor helping and get mad when you call them, customers will call you filthy names and even threaten physical violence against you and Management does not back you up. The lazy employees are praised as long as they are the favorites while hard working employees are ignored and even fired for a false customer complaint and do not hear your side of the story. The workload is too much for one person and they do not care if you are not able to eat that day to get the job done. And the pay is the worst in the vounty for what your expected to do. If you have children forget about applying here. They expect you to be completely available 7 days a week all hour a day if not than they give you hours a highschooler couldn't even live off of.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lowe's Home Improvement. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement