Macy's

Macy's Employee Reviews

Showing all 36,739 reviews

Don't work there

I worked at Macy's for 6 years. I like the co-workers but you will work there with NO A/C. The managers now are too bossy and blame you for everything. Unless you are up for that, then work there. There's no flexibility. Must work on Holidays, weekends, they will take your points away if you don't show up or want to take a vacation. HR isn't happy with employees complaining about that.

Pros

Co-workers, breaks

Cons

Management, Hr, No A/C while working.

Fun workplace

Colleagues are very fun and respectful to work with. The management is awesome. Everyone is very helpful and friendly genuinely. I’d rate working here 1000/10

Fun work place

The reveiew was awesome with no complaints i am easy to work with people to help them find what there looking for in a product thanks sharrollene.And macy's is a great place to work for.

Pros

Exelent

Cons

There is none

Good pleasant environment

Worked there during college. The store was always clean and neat, I mostly worked alone i the whole dept because not many people try on lingerie, customers usually know their size, pick out their things and pay. pay plus commission which is good, rarely lingerie is returned so not a lot of commission gets reversed. This was around 2007, I made 10hr plus commission so it’d come out to be 12-13 an hour. Given that in the state of Florida minimum wage has barely gone up a whole dollar in 20 years I’d say $14-15 an hour in 2022 is what the avg employee takes home there. Which is good for people that are students, share many expenses with spouse/roommate, live in multiple income households, and are not the primary earners for a family. I was very happy at that job in college, I’m sure there would’ve been growth opportunities as well. You learn to cash out registers, you learn about different brands, you go to seasonal things about the upcoming collections with your manager, you learn to help people find their correct size in whatever garment they need, you get an employee discount. You do have to stand your whole shift, which usually is 9am-4pm or 3pm-10pm so associates are there either to open the store or close the store. I worked alone so my manager covered my lunch. I imagine busier dept had multiple employees which can be good if you like company or being alone can be good so you get all the sales and the whole dept is your “space” you keep it neat, upper management knows you’re there alone you get all the praise and when they want to promote people you’ll stand out more. -

flexible hours with what little you got

started as a seasonal became fulltime then mass layoffs forced most down to parttime or take a severance. I stayed for 15 years I loved my coworkers and I did take pride in my work .I often worked alone which was ok at times when I needed help it was like pulling teeth because everyone was stretched thin . Some management was good others you wondered if they like to kick kittens on their free time.

Regular work

It’s a job, the pay isn’t that good but probably a good starter job for teens. Management is alright. The customers are sometimes rude. The job in itself is pretty self-explanatory.

Macys is good if you’re trying to move up and keep the benefits.

Macys has a very good training program I felt really good when they finally switched me to the floor but management is okay to be honest and they usually don’t hire enough people sometimes because from time to time they cram so much work in your face.

Always busy learning new things and helping out in any possible way.

Working at Macy's seemed easy for me because I made it a priority to help coworkers and upper management in any way possible, and I made it a habit to constantly be customer focused and customer friendly, that's what is expected from employees. I also kept busy doing work tasks or projects so my workdays went by so fast that I actually enjoyed being there and didn't realize my 8hr. shifts were over. It's a great place to work as long as you do the work and make customers a priority.

mary jo la manager siempre nos tiene helados, dulces, donas, pizza etc. casi todas las semanas

jo the mnager was fantastic with me. my coworkers most of them nice and cooperative. bad salary.good compay very caring.

Very Diversified work place,,, The people are very Professional.

This is Great company to be employed by, They give you great Training as well as a decent pay based upon ur Retail experience.I have nothing negative to say Abt., MACY'S,,, I will Refer a friend or family to apply for a position with this great company.

Good job, if you need the money and hours.

Out of HS, and needed the money. So it's a good starting job. You can pick up hours online, and it's easy to manage your own schedule. Especially if you're still going to school.

Stressful place to work Managers don’t care about you. If you’re not their race are their favorite you want last.

Managers work you to death they don’t care about your mental health they don’t care about your well-being they will work you down to the ground you can’t take a day off even if you sick you would do everybody’s job they have favoritism really bad at that place especially if you’re not their race or their favorite

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Bad management, job stressful and mentally strained

Feels like a dying business

It's an easy job, but you know that e-commerce has wiped out the need for a physical location. There's not enough workers so you feel like you are running the store yourself at times.

Stressful work place.

Customers are always rude. Doing way too much for the amount that is paid. If you’re not well you are still expected to come in. Management is okay but not all all great with flexibility.

Fine work place

Started out as seasonal a week before Christmas. It was hectic but the days flew by and I was able to rack up on hours. Management was fine for the most part but the company started to let go of a lot of full time staff that’s been with them for a long time. Macys money was always a headache to deal with especially when customers did returns.

At Your Service

Working at Macys was very fun! They are very inclusive and kind. The job always gave us something to do. It was fun to work with the BOPS and stuff as well as regular customer service

Pros

Pay

Cons

More hours than wanted

Great workplace but not enough help most of the time.

Always pushing employees to open credit card accounts. Seems like that is their only concern and objective. Overall,great company,environment to work

Pros

Very flexible balance between work and homelife.

Cons

Short staffed. No help most of time.

it's alright

you're going to be standing on your feet a lot. it's macys so there's obviously going to be a lot of push to sell the credit cards. it's your typical retail job, it's not difficult to get the hang of its just very tedious, tiring, and can be boring at times.

Overall enjoyable work environment

Managers and coworkers were great. The pay is fair. The store gets busy sometimes, but you will have a wonderful support system. I would definitely recommend working here!

Youbare your own boss

I've worked at Macy's for about 2 1/2 years now. The Macy's at Rockingham Park in Salem, NH, where I work is nothing but the best. Mostly all the employees there are friendly, caring, and hard working people that want nothing but the best for the company. These are the kind of people that you want to be working with."

Do you like selling credit cards?

You'd think it was a simple cashier retail job. It generally is, except that management keeps pushing employees to sell Macy's cards. Macy's cards are credit cards mind you. I didn't sign up for that nonsense.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • Macy's
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?