Maldron Hotel

Maldron Hotel Employee Reviews

Ireland61 reviews
Overall quite good to work for
Overall quite good to work for. Reason I left was to move from operations into a fixed sales role. Would recommend to anyone looking to work here in the future
Haven't worked there in years
One of my favourite jobs, staff were so nice management were amazing and overall just a really nice place to work. You get an energy that they genuinely care for there staff.
Exiting
The maldon Hotel is a very. Good place to work. The hours can vary and u can work late. But would be great for someone who wants to get in ri the hotel industry
It's a busy place to work, you have to be fast. Nice people, nice food on duty. I think it's good place to work nice experience in a 4 stars hotel.
productive
I found the Maldron to be a really productive place to work and a overall healthy and safe work environment. Really clean and hygienic place top work, Take very good care of all their staff.
Environnement très agréable
Poste avec possibilité d'évolution et une très bonne équipe
Nice place
I was doing a stage in there so I don't really know how it works. It was really funny to work there for me it was my first experience abroad. I was helping the real staff in their job.
Great hotel
This is a great hotel group to work for and managmemt are fair with all staff no body is any different every body gets the same treatment. I recommend this hotel group to everyone
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Maldron Hotel?
Disaster company
NEVER AGAIN. Salary was too low, management poor and disgraceful, it was very stressful job and they will require from you to be a superman because building is in bad condition and plenty of tasks needs professional skills and more people to solve some maintenance issues. Don't go there folks.
Not a 3 star hotel or treatment of staff
Hotel doesn't respect managers and managers are not respected by employees. They let 18-21 year olds tell how they want to be treated even if wrong and you have to go with it. Any wonder the hotel is trash. Some managers are in everyone's business even when they have no idea about the hotel business.
Pros
The day you leave for good!
fun
it was fun to be in control and making sure things are right.I didn't get paid because I just did work experience due to my forth year curriculum. But over all it was really enjoyable it.
The passion is real.
There is always room for improvement with this company. The staffs are friendly and hardworking. The environment is conducive for a special dining experience.
Only care about making money
Worked in a Maldron in co galway few years ago, the management only cared about cutting hours and over working the people that were on duty. Very poor place overall. General staff were nice to work with but thats where it stops!
Pros
Free gym
Cons
Long hours no overtime pay, meals taking out of wages even if you didnt get a break or lunch.
Fun workplace
Management were very friendly and everyone helped each other as best they could was a nice place to work. The quests were nice even when you made a mistake here and there.
Hard work but good place to work
The work was hard. Lots of rooms. 30 minutes for a departure and 15 minutes for a stay over. Lunch breaks are unpaid but lunch is provided. My manager was fantastic. Always trying to help you have your rooms finished on time. Would work there again.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Minimum wage
Terrible work
I have worked as housekeeping. We had 16 outs and more few stays everyday. Less than 20 minutes for each room. It wasn't enough time and the supervisor was complain all the time. We didn't have enough hoover, mop... When we went to the restaurant to try to eat some food, the chef started screaming in front of the guest saying: "I don't have food for you", "we are expecting a big group", "you cannot eat it, you cannot eat that". We paid for our lunch and we even could eat without be humiliated.
Pros
no pros
Cons
long hours, terrible salary, terrible management
I was only there for a short time because I was only there for work experience for school. But I learnt a lot of good skills I will use in the future.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Working with new people
Very bad managers
Every day you give something, Extra work
Rooms are late for work guests leave at noon from the room, losing time.

There is no time for a break.

Poor organization.

Everything has to be fast

in a couple of hours

to clean 16 Rooms.

Teach our supervisor of a woman who does the tricks

Bad training

And then the manager is angry as we do,

Nobody is doing their job properly

They do not respect housekeeping.

Menader housekeeping She's always angry

and nervous.

Poor hotel management

There are no guests throughout the year

They're taking new people

And there are no working days for old people.
Pros
Porr food service
Cons
Overtime unpaid, must be helping people, doing additional jobs that are not paid
Buen ambiente de trabajo
He aprendido mucho y tomado experiencia en los diferentes puestos y areas de trabajo.
siempre hay puestos
le doy un 6 sobre 10 por el trato y la falta de estabilidad en los días libres ya que siempre los ponen cuando ellos quieres pero por lo demás bien ahí se va a trabajar te dan puestos de trabajo sin saber mucho ingles lo que va bien por si quieres mantenerte allí y aprender el idioma y buen trato pero muy fríos a la hora de hablar
Pros
amables
Cons
muy fríos
Amazing working place
Everyone is amazing , always helpful and making sure that everything is done right. Every day was a blast one of the places that u can really enjoy working
Pros
Free Lunch