Maldron Hotel

Maldron Hotel Employee Reviews

Ireland79 reviews

Fast pace

Overall good place to work. Supportive management. Heavy physical work as amount of rooms depend on how many hours you’re doing that day. Quiet environment to work if you don’t like dealing with people much.

Pros

free meals

Cons

heavy, physical work

Good place to work, good staff & management are always there if you need them. Opportunities to advance are there if you want them, regular staff meetings to discuss performance, area of improvement etc.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

physical work

Insights into Maldron Hotel

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Fun places.

This place is good. Provide freshly cooked meal and coffee for free foelr staff.Lods of opportunity to progress. Training Provide. Uniform Provide. Nice

busy, stressful but I had the best coworkers

Very busy hotel, the job is hard but the team was really friendly, multicultural environment.Free food provided and central location in Dublin.Managers are nice too.

Pros

Free food and Coworkers

Cons

Pay rates.

Some people were nice to work with.

The hotel needs all new management.. accommodation assistants and public area cleaners need more respect and wages needs to increase. The work that gets done on a daily basis they deserve more money.

Pros

Easy to travel to.

Cons

Terrible wage's

Fast paced workplace

Fun place to work lovely staff , standing for 8 hours so is exhausting, very long hours, free lunch on shift ( not always nice) free work gear too nice staff

Good place to work Could speak to staff a bit nicer as work isn’t easy

Underpaid staff for the work that is doneManagement was good expect for one manager was rude and told me I wasn’t going fast enough after just returning from covid hence why I left the job.Overall friendly and interactive environment

Fun place to be all one big family

Great place to work excellent staff we are all one big family and are always welcoming new staff to the hotel I enjoy my job because it is different everyday I could be doing any thing from putting in a bulb to unblocked toilets

Run away

Worst company ever. Run away from Dalata group. All the management from top to lower are rude and they don’t care about the staff. You are just numbers for them. Don’t waste your time!

Company take advantage of staff

If you’re good at your job you will get to do the managers job for minimum wage and no chance of progression. Tips are very low and some managers on much higher pay take an equal cut each night. No shift rotation although this was promised multiple times so you will either work all morning shifts or get all night shifts which means no work like balance. Also worked full time but was told all contracts were 0 hour contracts but later found out others in the same position had full time contracts.

Pros

Staff meals

Cons

Everything else

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Maldron Hotel?

Very lively,fun place and productive

I enjoyed my working with maldrom hotel,I left during the pandemic period because i was’nt meeting up with my bills.We are like families in maldrom hotel booth in Clondalkin and Tallaght .They care for each other.where I work now they are very different from maldrom hotel.

Don't do it unless you are stuck for cash

Very toxic HR and micro-managers. You will be expected to perform like it's your dream job, but you will be paid cents with no future prospects. The company try to seem nice with laughable "benefits" and "training" but really it's an awful place to work. I worked with senior staff that had been there for 10 years plus with no progression even though they were fabulous at their jobs. It's honestly sad, if this company looked after their staff better maybe there wouldn't be such a turn over. Regardless, avoid at all costs, they will exploit you as much as they can hahahaha.

Pros

Staff members were nice

Cons

Almost everything else

The most enjoyable part of job was leaving

×Communication issues since day one.×Head chef and kitchen assistant are married so a lot of polish language from start of shift to end. ×Unfair when alot of Irish staff.×When not busy, 2 kitchen porters work one shift, on a busy bank holiday only one kitchen porter.×The head chef didnt work on busy days.×Holiday pay awarded but taken out of pay when leave employment.×Not a good place to work.×Overall rating of company is different to working at job location

Pros

Free Meal & Work gear for duration of employment, online training.

Cons

Double shifts, bad pay, management problems.

Good workplace start experience

Good for start work experience. Staff friendly and professional. Free lunches and good atmosphere in work. Hours pay rate basic. Enjoyed overall my work experience.

Pros

Free Lunches

lots of things to do but a little too overwhelming

My typical day of work would be to go in and check the lists from the cleaners, and see when there finish cleaning so I can assist on there cleaning and to help out with the cleaning to make sure it is all clean for the next customer. The most enjoyable thing about the job was meeting new people and connecting with the staff and clients.

Pros

good breakfast food, and lunches that's free

Cons

lifting heavy mattress

Terrible

Worked here for approx 1 year. Almost no work life balance. Expected to work extra hours without lieu time or overtime. General manager has been there too long and is not open to new things, micro manages all managers and doesn't appreciate anything. HR was poor and badly managed. Everything was last minute. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work here at any level.

Pros

Free Gym

Cons

See above

Poor HR Management

There were numerous HR issues that were not dealt in a timely manner . Top management were unreasonable , shortages of staff & resources . The hours were long with no overtime pay.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Long Hours, no overtime, lots of Hr issues

Fun working environment and lovely staff

It was nice dealing with people from various countries and from different culture & tradition, I enjoyed my time and getting interact with them, solving their problems while working at the Front desk in the Hotel. Staff is also lovely in Maldron, they are fun loving and work as team, sometimes we have stressful days but we work together to make things work and provide the best customer service and we make sure that our guest also feel that they are getting looked after so we can welcome them back again.

Haven't worked there in years

One of my favourite jobs, staff were so nice management were amazing and overall just a really nice place to work. You get an energy that they genuinely care for there staff.

Overall quite good to work for

Overall quite good to work for. Reason I left was to move from operations into a fixed sales role. Would recommend to anyone looking to work here in the future

Exiting

The maldon Hotel is a very. Good place to work. The hours can vary and u can work late. But would be great for someone who wants to get in ri the hotel industry

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maldron Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement