Maldron Hotel

Maldron Hotel Employee Reviews

There were numerous HR issues that were not dealt in a timely manner .
Top management were unreasonable , shortages of staff & resources .

The hours were long with no overtime pay.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long Hours, no overtime, lots of Hr issues
Worked here for approx 1 year. Almost no work life balance. Expected to work extra hours without lieu time or overtime. General manager has been there too long and is not open to new things, micro manages all managers and doesn't appreciate anything. HR was poor and badly managed. Everything was last minute. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work here at any level.
Pros
Free Gym
Cons
See above
It was nice dealing with people from various countries and from different culture & tradition, I enjoyed my time and getting interact with them, solving their problems while working at the Front desk in the Hotel.
Staff is also lovely in Maldron, they are fun loving and work as team, sometimes we have stressful days but we work together to make things work and provide the best customer service and we make sure that our guest also feel that they are getting looked after so we can welcome them back again.
One of my favourite jobs, staff were so nice management were amazing and overall just a really nice place to work. You get an energy that they genuinely care for there staff.
Overall quite good to work for. Reason I left was to move from operations into a fixed sales role. Would recommend to anyone looking to work here in the future
The maldon Hotel is a very. Good place to work. The hours can vary and u can work late. But would be great for someone who wants to get in ri the hotel industry
It's a busy place to work, you have to be fast. Nice people, nice food on duty. I think it's good place to work nice experience in a 4 stars hotel.
I found the Maldron to be a really productive place to work and a overall healthy and safe work environment. Really clean and hygienic place top work, Take very good care of all their staff.
Poste avec possibilité d'évolution et une très bonne équipe
Hardest part of the job was the kitchen porter, there was too much too do but not enough time, having a roll that’s too fast passed made work really stressful
I was doing a stage in there so I don't really know how it works. It was really funny to work there for me it was my first experience abroad. I was helping the real staff in their job.
enjoyed my time there I miss the place at times. great lads good job. good company to work for , built great friendships with other work mates and suite mangers
This is a great hotel group to work for and managmemt are fair with all staff no body is any different every body gets the same treatment. I recommend this hotel group to everyone
NEVER AGAIN. Salary was too low, management poor and disgraceful, it was very stressful job and they will require from you to be a superman because building is in bad condition and plenty of tasks needs professional skills and more people to solve some maintenance issues. Don't go there folks.
Hotel doesn't respect managers and managers are not respected by employees. They let 18-21 year olds tell how they want to be treated even if wrong and you have to go with it. Any wonder the hotel is trash. Some managers are in everyone's business even when they have no idea about the hotel business.
Pros
The day you leave for good!
Cons
it was fun to be in control and making sure things are right.I didn't get paid because I just did work experience due to my forth year curriculum. But over all it was really enjoyable it.
There is always room for improvement with this company. The staffs are friendly and hardworking. The environment is conducive for a special dining experience.
Worked in a Maldron in co galway few years ago, the management only cared about cutting hours and over working the people that were on duty. Very poor place overall. General staff were nice to work with but thats where it stops!
Pros
Free gym
Cons
Long hours no overtime pay, meals taking out of wages even if you didnt get a break or lunch.
promise the earth, but did they deliver, prob not!! promote from within so good from that point if you want to move up the ladder,equipment good but worked to many long hours with no thanks
Pros
new build
Cons
its a hotel so will never be good no matter how hard they try!!
Management were very friendly and everyone helped each other as best they could was a nice place to work. The quests were nice even when you made a mistake here and there.
The work was hard. Lots of rooms. 30 minutes for a departure and 15 minutes for a stay over. Lunch breaks are unpaid but lunch is provided. My manager was fantastic. Always trying to help you have your rooms finished on time. Would work there again.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Minimum wage