Maldron Hotel

Maldron Hotel Employee Reviews in Galway

Galway5 reviews
Hard work but good place to work
The work was hard. Lots of rooms. 30 minutes for a departure and 15 minutes for a stay over. Lunch breaks are unpaid but lunch is provided. My manager was fantastic. Always trying to help you have your rooms finished on time. Would work there again.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Minimum wage
I was only there for a short time because I was only there for work experience for school. But I learnt a lot of good skills I will use in the future.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Working with new people
Very bad managers
Every day you give something, Extra work
Rooms are late for work guests leave at noon from the room, losing time.

There is no time for a break.

Poor organization.

Everything has to be fast

in a couple of hours

to clean 16 Rooms.

Teach our supervisor of a woman who does the tricks

Bad training

And then the manager is angry as we do,

Nobody is doing their job properly

They do not respect housekeeping.

Menader housekeeping She's always angry

and nervous.

Poor hotel management

There are no guests throughout the year

They're taking new people

And there are no working days for old people.
Pros
Porr food service
Cons
Overtime unpaid, must be helping people, doing additional jobs that are not paid
Overall,average.
At the Maldron hotel Oranmore, I enjoyed being in a social environment as I was always chatting with and serving customers. However , I did not particularly enjoy the working environment .
Pros
Free dinners
Cons
The staff
nice place to work
A typical day would start at 6:00am i would turn on all equipment , when heated the pastry's are first to go into the oven with bread rolls and scones. while they bake i start to prep and cook the buffet breakfast which included sausage, bacon, pudding, scramble eggs, saute mushroom , beans, saute potato and grilled tomato, i would then place all food in the self service bain marie, and keep an eye on the levels, after this i would complete all HASSAP and check the daily delivery. after this i would then prepare the roast, the fish of the day and the dish of the day, and also make the soup for the day, i also have a young commi chef working with me who dose be doing prep and restocking the breakfast fridges and filling the fridges for the upcoming lunch, so i must keep an eye that she is completing all her tasks. once lunch is cooked etc i then do the lunch service with one other chef, after lunch about 3:00 this is the morning shift over.

the evening shift: check fridges make sure all fully stocked and prep back up is all complete, cook or prep what ever you are missing , there might be bus tours/groups you must prepare for while still doing service for evening, also cleaning, hassap etc

all my co workers gave 100 per cent and i have made lots of friends there. There are no really hard parts to the jobs just the normal stress that may come with working in a busy kitchen. the most enjoyable part was going in and learning how a hotel kitchen worked this was my first hotel.
Pros
free lunch, free gym, free parking
Cons
split shifts