Maldron Hotel

Maldron Hotel Management reviews

Productive and Fun Workspace
Great environment to work in, the most enjoyable part of the job is the hospitality and kindness from management and other staff. Perfect for first time job.
Haven't worked there in years
One of my favourite jobs, staff were so nice management were amazing and overall just a really nice place to work. You get an energy that they genuinely care for there staff.
Disaster company
NEVER AGAIN. Salary was too low, management poor and disgraceful, it was very stressful job and they will require from you to be a superman because building is in bad condition and plenty of tasks needs professional skills and more people to solve some maintenance issues. Don't go there folks.
Not a 3 star hotel or treatment of staff
Hotel doesn't respect managers and managers are not respected by employees. They let 18-21 year olds tell how they want to be treated even if wrong and you have to go with it. Any wonder the hotel is trash. Some managers are in everyone's business even when they have no idea about the hotel business.
Pros
The day you leave for good!
Cons
Only care about making money
Worked in a Maldron in co galway few years ago, the management only cared about cutting hours and over working the people that were on duty. Very poor place overall. General staff were nice to work with but thats where it stops!
Pros
Free gym
Cons
Long hours no overtime pay, meals taking out of wages even if you didnt get a break or lunch.
Fun workplace
Management were very friendly and everyone helped each other as best they could was a nice place to work. The quests were nice even when you made a mistake here and there.
Terrible work
I have worked as housekeeping. We had 16 outs and more few stays everyday. Less than 20 minutes for each room. It wasn't enough time and the supervisor was complain all the time. We didn't have enough hoover, mop... When we went to the restaurant to try to eat some food, the chef started screaming in front of the guest saying: "I don't have food for you", "we are expecting a big group", "you cannot eat it, you cannot eat that". We paid for our lunch and we even could eat without be humiliated.
Pros
no pros
Cons
long hours, terrible salary, terrible management
Very bad managers
Every day you give something, Extra work
Rooms are late for work guests leave at noon from the room, losing time.

There is no time for a break.

Poor organization.

Everything has to be fast

in a couple of hours

to clean 16 Rooms.

Teach our supervisor of a woman who does the tricks

Bad training

And then the manager is angry as we do,

Nobody is doing their job properly

They do not respect housekeeping.

Menader housekeeping She's always angry

and nervous.

Poor hotel management
There are no guests throughout the year
They're taking new people

And there are no working days for old people.
Pros
Porr food service
Cons
Overtime unpaid, must be helping people, doing additional jobs that are not paid
Very low salary and long hours
- low salary
-good management
-free staff meal
-long hours

-only 30 minutes lunch break (UNPAID)

-no breaks in between

-free staff training and educations
Pros
free lunches
Cons
low salary and long hours
stressful work environment
stressful work environment, few staff for large groups of people for restaurant and bar, poor management as staff working wasn't enough and occasions confusion as a result of management complicating things
Pros
free luch
Cons
stress
Excellent work environment
They are really concerned with employee satisfaction to create a good work atmosphere.

This work was a very good opportunity to deal with customers and the other hotel areas during specific shifts.

I learned to keep my eyes on detail, to ensure the best experience for customers.
Pros
Management and work environment
Cons
They need to improve some duties to ensure balance between employees
Productive and busy workplace
-Day busy and tiring
-I learned to be faster and more agile

-Excellent management
-Friendly and kind co-workers
-Very good work team

-Make the beds very quickly and perfectly
Pros
free lunches
Cons
hard work
Very satisfied experience
I was grateful to work for Maldron hotel for short period of time, but in the meantime I combined great experience. Management was very kind and respectful towards their staff members. Co-workers are very professional and well informed.
lovely work environment and friendly staff
I really enjoy working in the maldron hotel,the hours wernt too long and everyone was very friendly and welcoming. The management are very nice people to deal with, I never had any problems working here
Pros
Friendly relaxed environment
never ever
This is the worst place I've ever worked for. There are a few things why:
* management never happy from our hard job
* cutting salary(working hours never agreed with payslips)
*you never knew when your is going to finish

* to many things to do in the same time(OMG we are not a robots!!!)

* never heard Thank You

* hotel is not kept in good conditions everything is cheap, dirty as we can't clean it and damaged) that's why we have always got complaints from customers

* no respect from management

* we were asked to do things which are not our duties (a lot of times I can understand that sometimes are busy days but not always) and then we were listening from supervisors or managers what are you doing you job is not done!! Never happy management this is the worst I had no motivation I had headache to go there. Sorry but there is no enjoyable thing maybe only nice staff.
Pros
meals on duty and flexible roster
Cons
everything else