Maldron Hotel

Maldron Hotel Pay & benefits reviews

Ireland64 reviews
There were numerous HR issues that were not dealt in a timely manner .
Top management were unreasonable , shortages of staff & resources .

The hours were long with no overtime pay.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long Hours, no overtime, lots of Hr issues
Worked here for approx 1 year. Almost no work life balance. Expected to work extra hours without lieu time or overtime. General manager has been there too long and is not open to new things, micro manages all managers and doesn't appreciate anything. HR was poor and badly managed. Everything was last minute. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work here at any level.
Pros
Free Gym
Cons
See above
NEVER AGAIN. Salary was too low, management poor and disgraceful, it was very stressful job and they will require from you to be a superman because building is in bad condition and plenty of tasks needs professional skills and more people to solve some maintenance issues. Don't go there folks.
Worked in a Maldron in co galway few years ago, the management only cared about cutting hours and over working the people that were on duty. Very poor place overall. General staff were nice to work with but thats where it stops!
Pros
Free gym
Cons
Long hours no overtime pay, meals taking out of wages even if you didnt get a break or lunch.
The work was hard. Lots of rooms. 30 minutes for a departure and 15 minutes for a stay over. Lunch breaks are unpaid but lunch is provided. My manager was fantastic. Always trying to help you have your rooms finished on time. Would work there again.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Minimum wage
I have worked as housekeeping. We had 16 outs and more few stays everyday. Less than 20 minutes for each room. It wasn't enough time and the supervisor was complain all the time. We didn't have enough hoover, mop... When we went to the restaurant to try to eat some food, the chef started screaming in front of the guest saying: "I don't have food for you", "we are expecting a big group", "you cannot eat it, you cannot eat that". We paid for our lunch and we even could eat without be humiliated.
Pros
no pros
Cons
long hours, terrible salary, terrible management
I was only there for a short time because I was only there for work experience for school. But I learnt a lot of good skills I will use in the future.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Working with new people
- low salary
-good management
-free staff meal

-long hours

-only 30 minutes lunch break (UNPAID)

-no breaks in between

-free staff training and educations
Pros
free lunches
Cons
low salary and long hours
je n'ai pas apprécié mon stage au restaurant de l'hôtel.
Pros
repas gratuits
Cons
pas de rémunération des stagiaires
This is the worst place I've ever worked for. There are a few things why:
* management never happy from our hard job

* cutting salary(working hours never agreed with payslips)
*you never knew when your is going to finish
* to many things to do in the same time(OMG we are not a robots!!!)

* never heard Thank You

* hotel is not kept in good conditions everything is cheap, dirty as we can't clean it and damaged) that's why we have always got complaints from customers

* no respect from management

* we were asked to do things which are not our duties (a lot of times I can understand that sometimes are busy days but not always) and then we were listening from supervisors or managers what are you doing you job is not done!! Never happy management this is the worst I had no motivation I had headache to go there. Sorry but there is no enjoyable thing maybe only nice staff.
Pros
meals on duty and flexible roster
Cons
everything else
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Maldron Hotel?
Mis funciones eran, colocar y retirar el buffet,retirar los platos sucios a los clientes,preparar las mesas para la comida, servir mesas en los días que no había buffet.
Me sirvió para mejor mi inglés y conocer una ciudad y cultura diferente a la mía.

El ambiente de trabajo fue muy bueno.
Pros
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Cons
Escaso personal algunos dias
Boa empresa com ótimo ambiente, onde é possível aprender e crescer profissionalmente.
Pros
empresa central com bom ambiente
Cons
longos turnos
strictly professional at all times, job becomes repetitive, once you're good at what you do you can perfect your position
typical day at work would be getting up at 5am to start work at six am I would go in and set up for breakfast then after breakfast I would have to clear up so we can prepare for lunch in the bar and then after that wed have to set up in the restaurant for dinner.i enjoyed working as part of a team and learned new skill all the time
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long working hours
Lovely staff
Hardest part of the job is when you have to stay on your own when the chefs are gone.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Part time