Maldron Hotel
Maldron Hotel Employee Review

Very bad managers

2 April 2019
Every day you give something, Extra work Rooms are late for work guests leave at noon from the room, losing time. There is no time for a break. Poor organization. Everything has to be fast in a couple of hours   to clean 16 Rooms. Teach our supervisor of a woman who does the tricks Bad training And then the manager is angry as we do, Nobody is doing their job properly They do not respect housekeeping. Menader housekeeping She's always angry and nervous. Poor hotel management There are no guests throughout the year They're taking new people And there are no working days for old people.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Porr food service
Cons
Overtime unpaid, must be helping people, doing additional jobs that are not paid
28 August 2020
Same role
Housekeeping (Former Employee) - Dublin Airport, County Dublin
My typical day of work would be to go in and check the lists from the cleaners, and see when there finish cleaning so I can assist on there cleaning and to help out with the cleaning to make sure it is all clean for the next customer. The most enjoyable thing about the job was meeting new people and connecting with the staff and clients.
Pros
good breakfast food, and lunches that's free
Cons
lifting heavy mattress
11 May 2019
Same role
Housekeeper (Current Employee) - Maldron
I have worked as housekeeping. We had 16 outs and more few stays everyday. Less than 20 minutes for each room. It wasn't enough time and the supervisor was complain all the time. We didn't have enough hoover, mop... When we went to the restaurant to try to eat some food, the chef started screaming in front of the guest saying: "I don't have food for you", "we are expecting a big group", "you cannot eat it, you cannot eat that". We paid for our lunch and we even could eat without be humiliated.
Pros
no pros
Cons
long hours, terrible salary, terrible management
15 May 2019
Same location
Accommodation assistant (Former Employee) - Galway
The work was hard. Lots of rooms. 30 minutes for a departure and 15 minutes for a stay over. Lunch breaks are unpaid but lunch is provided. My manager was fantastic. Always trying to help you have your rooms finished on time. Would work there again.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Minimum wage