Mango

Mango Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Very trendy and inspiring but needs better management
The quality of clothes for the price is really good. Very small size range. Very limited sizes and never in stock. A nice company to work for but a lot of hard work needed and expected
productive workplace
As a Sales consultant, I made sure the floor was always presentable, i helped customers with the latest trends. helping them put outfits together.
Each day we would have a target to reach, I would make sure i reach y target by selling my products to the customers.

I learned to be a good sales man, I became a master and selling gar marts.

As i have a love for fashion its enjoyable for me to sale and create looks for each customer I get to work with.
Pros
rewards
Cons
no growth
It could improve
The team is awsome, but the conditions and the salary should improve. The salary is quiet low and the festive days are not paid as festive day. We don´t have any comision for the personal sales but we still have a high goal per hour.
Productive workplace
A typical day at Mango starts with tidying up everything before the store is opened to the public and to do replacement of the items that are not in sizes or colors in the shop-floor, as well as filling all the gaps with some new items. Each monday morning I'm in charged of doing the top 40 and 20 sellers of kids and babies as I'm working in that area. Money maps are included in my usually monday shifts.

Customer service is the key to create a good relation between Mango and their clients for now and the future so I try to do my best every single day. I've learned in the retail experience the importance of being organized and have a good communication with your colleges as well as the knowledge of each product in terms of use, material and fabrics and fabrication.
Pros
Familiar workplace
Friendly workplace
Working at MANGO has allowed me to develop my communication skills and confidence by interacting with customers on a more personal level e.g. giving advice or personal opinion. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to assist customers and help them find what they need, as that is a reward in itself. It is a small store, which means the co-workers are all quite close, creating a family-like dynamic.
Good working space
Working at mango was a good experience . The staff was great and the customers . It's unfortunate that the job location was too far for me and yet the salary was not enough and I ended up working for transportation the salary was not enough to survive for me
Productive and benefical workplace
A typical day at work would be interacting with customers and also replenishing stock, making sure the shops appearance was up to standard. I learnt and gained many skills and qualities whilst I worked for The Entertainer. This includes organisation of time, communication skills and customer service skills.
Hard work with no thank you.
A typical day in work was always hectic. Customer service, deliveries, changing the shop area, figures, training, it was all hard going.

I learned I am very patient and very good with customers. I give my all and it is appreciated. I am also a good leader.

We had our manager leave in Feb '16 so the work was on myself and one other. The new manager got some training from myself.

One coworker was amazing and her strengths with certain areas made it easier to handle being short staffed. The new manager, I wish nothing but luck to

Knowing you've been honest with the customer and they are going home happy and confident with their purchases.
Pros
customers, busy shop, great clothes
Cons
no help from head office, lack of gratitude from peers
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Mango?
Working at Mango Oxford Street was horrible!
Mango at Oxford Street was the worst job I ever had. The biggest thing that disgusted me was the fact that they took longer than necessary to pay their employees. They are meant to pay you every month however I got my first pay check after 6/7 weeks.
I had to complain to HR nearly every day! Many of the other employees told me that they took forever to pay them as well and that they give you a hard time paying you when you are leaving.

Another thing is that they disregarded health and safety because their air conditioner had been broken for over a year and they never bothered to fix it. The heat was often unbearable, and the customer complained every day yet they did nothing.

I would not advise anyone to work for Mango!
productive
its good experience for me. helped me to improve my organisation on the store and the stockroom. team work was successful
Mango Oxford street= Nightmare
Terrible management, always pushing, expect you to work like horse, running non stop, staying half an hour extra to tidy up the mess without paying for it. Always complaining, dont care about employees only about sale. Majority of people who stay working there are spanish who cant find any other job in london, they are terrible, double face, horible people. Working for Mango on Oxford street, opposite to Too shop was the worst experience ever!!!!! I stayed 2 years as part timer but I suffered a lot, i will never forget
Pros
No pros, the discount for clothes of poor quality
Cons
Everything about them os cons
a typical day at work
Start and complete the sale , satisfying the customer needs you may have , I worked in perido of sales, holiday and Christmas season .
Productive but not funny at all.
Working in Mango means being afraid to do everything.
When I started I was happy about that but now I just need to find another job. Especially for a full timer employer a job means life, you spend the 99% of your days there and it's fine for me, but as I found good people there, it's impossible for us to get close and work better between us because we can't talk, we can't laugh we just have to stay there and smile. Working in retail and being a sales assistant is living in contact with people everyday, if someone goes to do shopping it's nice for us making them smile for real, like say something funny or maybe if they see how much close we are they will buy more and I got that especially when managment is not around and we're more relaxed, everyone works better, customers are happier and suddendly I really like my job. That's what I'm looking for.

I've learned a lot from it, I have to say that especially for a girl from Italy, like how to do a perfect customer service, how to do replacement, how to be a perfect sales assistant.
Pros
One hour lunch, nice collegues.
Cons
Bad managment, being always stressed, never have fun.
Fun and busy work place
i really enjoyed working at mango. Its a very friendly environment and they care about there staff. Good staff discount. Daily tasks included helping customers, administration, keeping the shop floor tidy, handling delivery and organising the stock room
Fun
During sales period, it would be crowded and many of the clothes get messed up so we just had to fold them and hang them back to their proper place
Productive work place
It was a fun environment and great place to start if your career. The management promotes from within and invests into teaching the employees new skills.
not fun place to work
the job is amazing, lovely people work there very passionate but you have to work on commission which for people who are new in sales it is impossible to reach, it is not a fun place to work as Management is terrible if they see you speak to someone from the team (even if its job related) you get told off and kept after hours, if closing the store you never finish on time. the way Management treat staff is horrible i lasted 1 year and i felt like every problem they had was taken out on their staff constantly!!!! they don't treat anyone with respect. They put so much pressure on their employees that within 4 months 11 people left .
Pros
non
Cons
no staff room, alot of pressure all the time
Mango
Duties: Providing general sales duties in an effective way with a strong ability to perform multitasks, Ensuring customers are provided with excellent service and assistance when visiting the shop, Responsible for training, motivating and delegating staff in order to achieve business goals, Assisting other staff members or working on own initiative in a timely and organized manner, Managing for creativity and innovation.
Pros
Staff Discount
New experience that I've enjoyed it!
I always made from an usual day a productive one, even in stressful times (when the sales were coming) I tried to spread my energy ( with my co-workers and customers ) and be as useful as I can be ( ensure that goods are well displayed, helping customers to find what they needed, if there were some tensions between my colleagues to help them pass the moment and so on). The best part of the job was interacting with so many, different people, to make them feel special and helping them to enjoy the time in our store, so they could come back with pleasure. Also one of my motto is treat your customer well so you can turn him from a simple customer to a future happy client!
Productive and fun workplace
I love my day a day at Mango helping customers decide about what to wear to an event or simply every day´s wear.
It is very important to have a good working environment as it helps you work better.

I also help with the merchandise of the shop and give my opinion about how the shop can look better, as i have a Marketing and comertial degree.

Working with commision can sometimes not be fun, but I know that if I work hard I can get an extra money, so that is a good part of the job.
productive
it was a great experience to learn and grasp so much. The management at mango was excellent in every aspect. A typical day at work was easy and flexible.I learnt managing,dealing with customers. In all it was a great experience.