Mango Employee Reviews in London

poor management
Working at Mango, gave me a real insight on how not to be bad manager in the future. There was a a big lack of communication within the work environment and the workload was daunting.
Pros
Flexibility with rota
workpace
very good and its was the most enjoyable part time job and the day work was hardest part because a lot of people would come in.
very good place to work
Pros
10% off
Cons
8hurs
Ambiente de trabajo positivo
Una empresa con grandes posibilidades, el ambiente de trabajo es muy dinámico y en equipo.
Workplace
Mango is not a nice place to work the management over work staff members and they are often rude to staff. They use staff members a lot and don’t care if you have a private life if you needed the day of for something important. There is no progression within the team so you’ll be on the shop floor for a long time. On top of that the Victoria store has no air con which is exhausting for people to work in.
day a work
a day of work in mango, normally to the arrival at work had to look at the target of the day gains, lost and new trends and new orders, then you started the day of work in what was mainly focused on customer service and maintain the store was in perfect condition and placed. You could interact with your colleagues to work together and most important of all work in team and always helping us.
The most enjoyable part of the job
If you like retail and fashion world, the best part of the job is for sure to find out before anybody else what it will be launched on the shopfloor, and also if you want you can improve yourself and develop your career.
Pros
If work hard, fast promotion
Cons
Salary not really competitive
Productive workplace
A typical day at Mango starts with tidying up everything before the store is opened to the public and to do replacement of the items that are not in sizes or colors in the shop-floor, as well as filling all the gaps with some new items. Each monday morning I'm in charged of doing the top 40 and 20 sellers of kids and babies as I'm working in that area. Money maps are included in my usually monday shifts.

Customer service is the key to create a good relation between Mango and their clients for now and the future so I try to do my best every single day. I've learned in the retail experience the importance of being organized and have a good communication with your colleges as well as the knowledge of each product in terms of use, material and fabrics and fabrication.
Pros
Familiar workplace
Friendly workplace
Working at MANGO has allowed me to develop my communication skills and confidence by interacting with customers on a more personal level e.g. giving advice or personal opinion. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to assist customers and help them find what they need, as that is a reward in itself. It is a small store, which means the co-workers are all quite close, creating a family-like dynamic.
Assistant Security Supervisor
• Maintaining high standards of personal presentation.
• Facilitating the smooth running of the store by monitoring the entrance and departure of all employees and visitors, guarding against theft and damage to property.

• Maintaining the search policy of the store, in a professional and polite manner.

• Dealing appropriately and safely with those caught shoplifting, causing offence or being a potential danger or risk to themselves or others.

• Reporting to the police those found in possession of stolen goods, detaining them until the police arrive.

• Writing reports in the report file of daily activities and irregularities such as theft, property damage or any other unusual occurrence.

• Ensuring all customers have a positive experience in a safe environment.

• Responsible for ensuring the security staff at Mango arrives on time, maintaining high standards of personal presentation at all times
Mango
It was pretty brief, i enjoy the fast pace of a sales floor, but mango wasn't as sophisticated or as forward thinking as other brands i worked for, but the part of my job which s´was selling and speaking with people was always the most desirable part of the job. I enjoy communicating with people, helping them make decisions on what they need or want to buy always very thrilling for me personally.
Pros
working with customers, selling, organising
Cons
unorganised management, outdated
Productive and fun workplace
Love the team but need pay better to the stuff, I meet a lot of great people here.

My lady manager is the best i ever know before.
Productive but not funny at all.
Working in Mango can be good and bad at the same time.
I had the opportuity to get a lot of of experience and now I know how to do everything especially working under pression and with death lines and I don't mind to do that but no one recognizes your job, no one motivates you, especially managment and that's the hardest part of the job.

I love every single collegues and being with them is the most enjoyale part of the job, and I like when we're on a late shift and we're all together laughing and talking but sometimes we're not even allowed to do that and you get stressed.
Pros
One hour lunch, nice collegues.
Cons
Bad managment, being always stressed, never have fun.
Productive but not funny at all.
Working in Mango means being afraid to do everything.
When I started I was happy about that but now I just need to find another job. Especially for a full timer employer a job means life, you spend the 99% of your days there and it's fine for me, but as I found good people there, it's impossible for us to get close and work better between us because we can't talk, we can't laugh we just have to stay there and smile. Working in retail and being a sales assistant is living in contact with people everyday, if someone goes to do shopping it's nice for us making them smile for real, like say something funny or maybe if they see how much close we are they will buy more and I got that especially when managment is not around and we're more relaxed, everyone works better, customers are happier and suddendly I really like my job. That's what I'm looking for.

I've learned a lot from it, I have to say that especially for a girl from Italy, like how to do a perfect customer service, how to do replacement, how to be a perfect sales assistant.
Pros
One hour lunch, nice collegues.
Cons
Bad managment, being always stressed, never have fun.
Best place I ever worked.
Mango is a company that allows you to develop your skills. Management is alwasy helpfull and you always feel part of the company.
Cons
Friendly work environment with a scope for better management.
The oxford street branch is centrally located in London and therefore has a constant influx of customers 7 days a week. This required efficient management and distinct allotment of tasks to the employees. Co-workers were friendly and helpful which contributed in effective team work. The hardest part of the job was closing the store during sales period however support from colleagues and the company culture of team work ensured there was no extra pressure on one single employee at a time.
Good Brand but without air conditioning
Mango is a good company but the shop where I worked didn't have air conditioning so it's hard to give the best.
I work in rotation from 7 am to 10.30 pm .

Every day we have a rota for any floor, we're organized in a team work to provide customer service, assistance to the fitting room, replacement and reorder the store.
Mango
Duties: Providing general sales duties in an effective way with a strong ability to perform multitasks, Ensuring customers are provided with excellent service and assistance when visiting the shop, Responsible for training, motivating and delegating staff in order to achieve business goals, Assisting other staff members or working on own initiative in a timely and organized manner, Managing for creativity and innovation.
Pros
Staff Discount
New experience that I've enjoyed it!
I always made from an usual day a productive one, even in stressful times (when the sales were coming) I tried to spread my energy ( with my co-workers and customers ) and be as useful as I can be ( ensure that goods are well displayed, helping customers to find what they needed, if there were some tensions between my colleagues to help them pass the moment and so on). The best part of the job was interacting with so many, different people, to make them feel special and helping them to enjoy the time in our store, so they could come back with pleasure. Also one of my motto is treat your customer well so you can turn him from a simple customer to a future happy client!
Muy buena experiencia laboral
Durante mi corto periodo en Londres y gracias a la superación de una prueba llevada a cargo por la responsable de tiende de Mango, tuve la oportunidad de ascender en menos de una semana de dependiente a Personal Shopper y Asistente Personal de compras en la tienda Mango. Además, el ambiente de trabajo era muy ameno y divertido, teníamos muy buena relación entre todos los trabajadores de la tienda y almacén. Por último, el salario en relación a las horas de trabajo era excelente.
Pros
salario, horario, ambiente, trabajo y responsabilidades
Cons
Ninguno
Fun workplace
The role involve serving costumer, offering advice and close the sale. Also I assist the Visual Merchandiser team.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mango. Our community is ready to answer.