Manning and Buckley Electrical

Manning and Buckley Electrical Employee Reviews

Ireland22 reviews

Great Professional Company to work for,Everyone is very helpful and friendly .

Started with Manning and Buckley 4 months ago and I love every second of working here.Great Culture within the Company, I was made feel very welcome and part of the team from day one.day consists of Site visits, returning to office for paperwork.Strong EHS culture which makes everyone feel valued.Directors are very approachable, friendly and supportive.Very professional Company ,

Apprentice

They will hire you to fill contracts then let you go as soon as it's done, whether you're an apprentice or not. Ruthless is an understatement and it's the owners that are the 2 problems .

A Good Solid Company

I used to work for the company as a Site Manager and got a position closer to my home in Co. Meath that suited my family life etc. Had worked with the company for 4 years prior to my move and I would thoroughly recommend them to anyone. They pay the rate and lodge and its nice clean work usually commercial fit.outs and warehousing projects.Its great to see a company like them expand and I wish them all the best in the future.

Pros

Good Pay

3rd Year Apprentice

We work hard for good money, We were kept on during Covid even though there wasn't a massive amount of work happening, I appreciate them for that, Some lads come and go in the company but the ones that do their bit are kept on and are looked after. Id recommend them

Not a bad company at all

I'm happy here, Ive worked with two other companies over the past 7 years and Id rate these the best. They expect everyone to preform but they pay the lodge and the rate so I've no complaints.

Pros

The Lodge

Cons

None really

2nd Year Apprentice

I started my apprenticeship with M&B in 2020. I'm in my 2nd year now and really enjoy the work. When you start an apprenticeship with them you are told at the time you will have to do an exam after 9 weeks and if you fail thats the end of the apprenticeship. Your site manager does a weekly progression report with you so you know where you need to improve or where you are doing well. Everyone I have met on site so far is very friendly and helpful. They want you to be asking questions to show you are interested. Office staff are very helpful and get back quickly to any queries. If you put the work into your apprenticeship there are no issues. Directors are down to earth.

Pros

Good Electricians to learn from, helpful management

Cons

Sometimes when a job is finishing there are long hours to be done

Busy, exciting, challenging

I've been here for nearly 10 years and have always found the lads to be very fair. Hard work doesn't go unrewarded. Lot of good jobs, new office fit outs and the likes. Big variety of work which has been great for me to learn all parts of the trade over the years. Sometimes long hours but then never a problem getting a day off when you need it too. And I've never been asked to take time off if things went a bit quiet, always been looked after. Great company, couldn't recommend enough.

Pros

Good pay and country money

Cons

Can get busy sometimes

I have worked for Manning and Buckley Electrical for about 4 years now, in the office. Management are very fair and understanding, all team members are very friendly, helpful and approachable with any issues. I am delighted to be part of the team. The company provides great opportunities for career progression. This is a nice place to work. From my point of view, Mr. Manning and Mr. Buckley are the best bosses I have ever had.

Pros

Flexible working hours

Hire n fire

If you are a sparks / Apprentice you supply own powertools because they have barely enough for the whole site .next to none infact .No real emphasis on showing an apprentice what to do as we are flat out trying to do the work for the foremen who don't appreciate the work we do in the first place . There are more apprentices then qualified sparks and we don't have enough time to show them unfortunately (if you are a 1st year you will be running around site thrown into the deep end with no one showing you what to do )From what I've seen with most of the lads that have come through the doors they seem to hire and fire as soon as it's the end of your probationary period. Please note they are taking on apprentices now to avail of a grant.Once you have done your trial they will do up a mock exam asking about what cables are used in this situation and also a practical mock etc Which many fail and subsequent get let go. The over time is pushed heavily when under pressure which is constant because of how many first years they employ.

Pros

Rates

Cons

Read above .

Good Apprentice Training

I’m with the company about 9 months now and I have to say they are a great crowd to work for. It’s all fit out work in offices and warehouses, it’s clean and nice to see the offices come together so quick it is rewarding to be able to do all types of electrical work. I was brand new starting the lads on site have shown me loads and i flew the 1st apprentice test with them. Have another mate starting next week with us now. I’d recommend them to anyone.

Pros

Good training for apprentices

Cons

No parking on some sites

Great company culture

Manning & Buckley have a great company culture and everyone in the company works very well together, there is no negativity in the workplace like there is with many other contractors. Very good company to progress your career with, having started as an electrician and now working as a site manager. The work is diverse from fit-outs to pharmaceutical so there is always something to learn and everyone is always willing to help.

Pros

Excellent career developement

Excellent team to work with, everyone is very helpful. Management are very approachable and treat everyone with respect. Nice pleasant atmosphere in the office without being too serious. Great place to work !

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

I’ve worked for Manning and Buckley for 5 years now. During this time I’ve been provided the opportunity to go from strength to strength. The company provides great opportunities for career progression. In the early years working with them, they allowed me to work and problem solve off my own initiative while also providing me with the support I needed on site. Management, from charge hands, site managers and project managers have all been extremely approachable and I’ve always felt comfortable asking questions and getting the support and advice needed.

Pros

Pay lodge

Staring an apprenticeship

Working for manning and buckley has been brilliant, everybody within the company are very nice and approachable, for people fresh out of school I’d highly recommend starting with manning and buckley because they treat you with respect and give you a little bit of responsibility to help you become a good electrician, your not treated like a dunce

Pros

First year lodge

Cons

Great company to work for , apprentices are looked after very well and are always encouraged to ask questions and learn as much as possible. Would recommend for anyone starting out.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

N/a

Fast paced and friendly work environment

Friendly work environment with great lads and a very helpful office staff. Also a generous lodge payment to help first year apprentices with the low wages.

Positive work environment

I have been with Manning and Buckley for over 1 year in the office. Fantastic team who work very hard but love to have fun too. Amazing perks including free Nespresso, flexible working hours, social events. Supportive positive work environment where you will always be appreciated and encouraged.

Pros

Pension

Great place to work. Friendly staff and good working environment. Never had any issues on site. Management are very helpful and will do anything for you. Some over time may be required but not often. They look after staff very well.

Pros

Good staff

Productive and Friendly Workplace

I have been with Manning and Buckley for just over 5 years in the office. Management are very fair and understanding when it comes to family life. We have social events during the year and the company is very generous to all staff at the Christmas Party. All team members are very friendly, helpful and approachable with any issues. There is a nice relaxed vibe in the office.

Pros

CWPS Pension

Productive and friendly workplace

The company are great to work for. Its a positive environment to work in with experienced electricians who make it there priority to show apprentices how to do things. I served as an electrician with the company for 4 years and I had no complaints. Management are organised and make sure every person within the company is treated fairly.Sites are always well supplied with with necessary materials and power tools to get the job done.

Pros

Pay Lodge

Cons

Starting at half 7

would not reccomend

I was put on a site with an incompetent man in charge who sat in the canteen all day and never stepped foot onto site. during my time there 3 people were fired for no reason other than someone in charge didnt like them. They seem to hire lots of people pick and choose who they like then get lots of overtime out of the rest and fire them just before they come out of their probation period.

Pros

pay lodge for electricians

Cons

dont pay overtime rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manning and Buckley Electrical. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Manning and Buckley Electrical with

Manning and Buckley Electrical reviews by location

Learn about Manning and Buckley Electrical in popular locations

• Manning and Buckley Electrical
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?