Marks and Spencer
Updated: 27 March 2020

Marks and Spencer Employee Reviews

Ireland136 reviews
Marks and spencer
Pay is ok. It is not ideal. I would recommend for a college job also management are lovely expect a certain few as always in every job. Customers are usually lovely
Good place to Work
Good company to work for , excellent benefits and competitive salary ,
Good Company to learn about Textile and Food sections,

Good support from Management

High Standards of Customer Service demanded through KPIs
Great over all experience
Good job with good people and fair pay over all , really enjoyed working there and boosting my customer service skills and learning a lot about managing stock
Bullying and Harassment
Given wau more hours then I wanted. Not a good relationship between staff and management. They lie about "good conditions". Shouting and anger normal.
Best years of my life.
Spent 15+ years with the company. The star aligned and it was time to change career. Leaving behind the benefits of discount , bonuses and pension made the decision difficult.
Marks and Spencer is a good place to work and learn to tolerate and deal with people from all works of life. I built on my communication skill by listening to customers .
Friendly staff, unfair requirements
I feel as though the temporary staff are unfairly treated in this job as the management don’t feel as if they need to be as friendly to temporary staff because they will be gone before their term is finished. In saying that all the full time staff are very friendly and in my opinion not as good as temporary staff as they were much older and needed a lot of help from us in preparing the shop floor.
Enjoyable
Great company to work for, good pay very friendly staff. I really enjoyed my time working with them. I worked part time on the customer services desk and also had experience working in different sections of the shop.
Every day was challenging
There was always something to do stock control, merchandise your department, customer focus always, great staff, great management, cleaning, working through the night to remodel whole departments, great incentives from the business, charity fundraising, staff parties to keep moral in store. Overall a great place to work I loved it.
I really liked the place and the staff.
A typical day starts at 6.30am and ends at 4.30pm.I was on a 4 day week which starts with deliveries in and empties out on loading bay.Breaking stock down into sections in coldroom and organising dates.Been available for any mishaps on floor or with any make of equipment changes or fix.Maintaining backstage areas and floor areas by keeping them clean and safe.Helping customers enjoy there shopping experience and helping with there goods when needed.To be honest i never found any part of my job hard at all.Been asked to do something out of the ordinary was so enjoyable as i would get it done.
Pros
free early morning breakfast
Cons
I took redundancy, still think about that.
My experience at M&S
A great company to work for and with. There are always new opportunities to learn new skills and work in new areas. The managers are super friendly and open to helping you grow as a representative of M&S
My review is i enjoyed working
I enjoyed working in Mark's and Spencers my co workers where all nice and easy to work with, the hours suited me well from my interviewer to my trainer where all so nice I would like to work with the company again
Loved working with the staff in M&S
Have to be willing to work hard.
Can be stressful at times but always someone there to back you up when needed.

Great training.

Over all a great place to work.
Fantastic company
Company great to work for.. Management great. Some staff were nice to work with some were not ' but that's in every job.. Would recommend this company to anyone.
Review
Very fast paced job, well known in the retail Industry with a high reputation. This is reflected in the staff and how they deal with customers. Good work culture
really great place place to work, great atmosphere and friendly staff
I done a weeks work experience with this company and it was a great experience to work alongside experienced personnel which helped me throughout the week.
Productive and fun loving work place
A good reputable company to work in. Its 11 years opened in Killarney and is very busy and a cash cow for the town since. A good product of food and general merchandise.
Good for students
Marks & Spencer was very good to me for the years I worked there part time while in college. I gained a lot of experience while working here and the values they thought stand to me today.
Productive and fun workplace
My day of work was shift hours. Get my tasks done.
I learned how to deal with customers in terms of helping customers to find what they are looking for.

the management was on point. There have healthy culture workplace. The job was not hard and I did enjoy my work over there.
Pros
free tea, coffee, sugar, and milk.
Cons
8 hours
Good Training and enjoyable work enviroment
Each hour you my be given a different roll for example,checkout, fitting rooms, floor recovery and putting out stock. The changes of roll meant that there is always something new and interesting to do.
Fun And Good Place To Work
Working For Marks And Spencer’s is great
The staff and managers are all good and helpful

The money is great

The most enjoyable part is getting to meet different customers and hear stories

I’ve learned various things such as how to date rotate food
Pros
Discount card of €150 for week to week staff, €3, 000 to permanent staff
Cons
Anti social hours depending on your contract
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marks and Spencer. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4K