Marks and Spencer Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Galway30 April 2018
I did work experience from the 16th to the 20th of April 2018. The week’s work experience in the store has been very valuable to me as it allowed me to develop my customer service and communication skills
Enjoyed the part time work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin4 April 2018
Not much to say here, was there for a month or so maximum during Christmas time. Good management, and even better wages. I would definitely recommend Marks and Spencer on a part time basis, I am not qualified to recommend it on a full time one as I have never been a full time employee.
Pros
Nice working environment
Cons
Retail
Nice
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Cork21 March 2018
Nice place to work, diversity of tasks is a challenge but a welcome one. Staff are all very kind and approachable with any problem you might have. Overall very nice.
productive and fun working place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galway13 February 2018
amazing friendly staff and managers
very helpful and understandable staff and managers
very calm or busy sometimes
very good job if you are a people person
Productive and Bubbly
Retail Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Galway30 January 2018
When joining Mark & Spencers the whole team were very welcoming. They thought all the different rules and safety and also each of the steps for working around the store. I worked mainly in clothing but from time to time worked in foods. I was learnt the different ways to make online deliveries for customers and also instore collections. The best part for me was re-pro because I found it was mostly when i'm being productive which I enjoyed.
Pros
Free Lunches in lunch rooms
Cons
Some co-workers would slack off which makes you have to work harder
Lovely place to work
Christmas Temp Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blanchardstown, County Dublin21 January 2018
I worked in Marks and Spencer for Christmas in Blanchardstown Christmas Nov 17- Dec 17. We were thought excellent customer service skills, management were outstanding, extremely supportive and helpful.

Really nice place to work, most of the staff were so lovely and helpful and made all the temps feel right at home.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the customers, management and fellow staff.

Hardest part of the job for me was getting used to being on your feet which was fine after a week or two.
Pros
Free Teas and Coffee and treats
Cons
No cons
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin3 January 2018
This workplace was so enjoyable. The staff were beyond willing to help me and teach me about their systems and how to use them. The hours were really good and I learned alot.
Pros
Nice staff area
Cons
Short lunch break
Fun place to work
Barista and Waitress (Current Employee) –  Dublin West, County Dublin10 October 2017
Fun place to work with good people but I need a full time jon witch marks and Spencer’s only have part time to offer I have the for 6 years hoping for full time contract to come up but unfortunately it has not
Excellent. Productive and Fun workplace.
Sales Advisor, Ladies wear (temporary contract) (Former Employee) –  Dublin28 September 2017
The manager and staff in Mark and Spencer are friendly. I really love working there. I don't mind staying there. My working in Mark and Spencer let my get a lot experiences.
Best retail company I've worked for
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath20 September 2017
There's nothing hard about working at M&S unless that person is lazy.

I enjoyed every second spent on the shopping floor and interacting with both customers and work colleagues
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Good long hours
Good
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin12 September 2017
Its a thriving business. Your always kept busy working in all areas of the shop. The management at the time i was there were appalling they treated you like dirt. The hardest part of the job was putting up with them. I loved working in the bakery you tried new things learned alot about baking. They paid you well and their canteen was amazing.
Pros
cheap lunches, staff discount
Cons
Management Team
Productive and rewarding place to work
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  PatrIck Street Cork4 August 2017
Visual merchandising and providing customer service for my work days. This job was very rewarding and I gained alot of skills and knowledge during my time here. I loved all aspects of this job.
Pros
great rate of pay and holidays and bonuses
Marks and Spencer is a good place to work
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Dublin27 July 2017
Marks and Spencer is a good company to work for and I would have no hesitation in recommending employment there especially if you are young and eager for a career
Boring but friendly enviroment
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin15 May 2017
I did a week of work experience in M&S I learned how to deal with rude customers but I wasn't given the proper training seen as do I was only there for a week. But the staff were super friendly and kind.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Very boring when theres nothing to do
A fallen giant
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin8 May 2017
M&S appears caught in a generational divide between attempting to retain its core customer base while simultaneously attempting to expand it. Coupled with muddled priorities and lack of strategic or responsive communication the company needs to do much to recover its market share.
Fun to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  dublin 146 May 2017
Work was always busy, management was brilliant best part of the job was end of day sale, team was easy to work with and the hardest part was clearing the fridges .
Pros
end of day sale
Cons
cold
fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lucan, County Dublin23 April 2017
cleaned floors
cleaned desks
fitting rooms
cashier till work
helping customers with any problems they may have had
i enjoyed working for m&s because all the staff were a pleasure to work with.
Workplace of experience
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 April 2017
Got to experience a typical day working in retail. Full of opportunity to gain more skills and experience.Good way to learn how to adapt to customer requirements.
Very welcoming workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galway10 April 2017
As a new employee, the staff were very welcoming and made me feel at ease and the management made me feel extremely comfortable. I like that the management did mid-progress review to let you know how you were doing and told you how to improve in areas that you were slacking in.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
no job availability in my area in this company
Short but Sweet
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Corrib Centre, Galway3 April 2017
Pleasant working staff for the most part and a pleasant atmosphere. Felt that parts of the job I was lacking in could have been addressed/ made more of an issue of, so I could improve more.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marks and Spencer. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K