Marks and Spencer

Marks and Spencer Employee Reviews

Found 131 reviews matching the search See all 5,975 reviews
Friendly staff, unfair requirements
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork22 January 2020
I feel as though the temporary staff are unfairly treated in this job as the management don’t feel as if they need to be as friendly to temporary staff because they will be gone before their term is finished. In saying that all the full time staff are very friendly and in my opinion not as good as temporary staff as they were much older and needed a lot of help from us in preparing the shop floor.
Enjoyable
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Dundrum, County Dublin17 January 2020
Great company to work for, good pay very friendly staff. I really enjoyed my time working with them. I worked part time on the customer services desk and also had experience working in different sections of the shop.
Every day was challenging
Sales Advisor visual merchandising (Former Employee) –  Dundrum, County Dublin17 January 2020
There was always something to do stock control, merchandise your department, customer focus always, great staff, great management, cleaning, working through the night to remodel whole departments, great incentives from the business, charity fundraising, staff parties to keep moral in store. Overall a great place to work I loved it.
I really liked the place and the staff.
equipment coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 January 2020
A typical day starts at 6.30am and ends at 4.30pm.I was on a 4 day week which starts with deliveries in and empties out on loading bay.Breaking stock down into sections in coldroom and organising dates.Been available for any mishaps on floor or with any make of equipment changes or fix.Maintaining backstage areas and floor areas by keeping them clean and safe.Helping customers enjoy there shopping experience and helping with there goods when needed.To be honest i never found any part of my job hard at all.Been asked to do something out of the ordinary was so enjoyable as i would get it done.
Pros
free early morning breakfast
Cons
I took redundancy, still think about that.
My experience at M&S
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Drogheda, County Louth2 December 2019
A great company to work for and with. There are always new opportunities to learn new skills and work in new areas. The managers are super friendly and open to helping you grow as a representative of M&S
My review is i enjoyed working
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dublin West, County Dublin23 November 2019
I enjoyed working in Mark's and Spencers my co workers where all nice and easy to work with, the hours suited me well from my interviewer to my trainer where all so nice I would like to work with the company again
Loved working with the staff in M&S
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ireland14 November 2019
Have to be willing to work hard.
Can be stressful at times but always someone there to back you up when needed.
Great training.
Over all a great place to work.
Fantastic company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Killarney, County Kerry9 November 2019
Company great to work for.. Management great. Some staff were nice to work with some were not ' but that's in every job.. Would recommend this company to anyone.
Review
General Sales Assistant Food Hall (Current Employee) –  Dublin30 October 2019
Very fast paced job, well known in the retail Industry with a high reputation. This is reflected in the staff and how they deal with customers. Good work culture
really great place place to work, great atmosphere and friendly staff
I done a weeks work experience with this company and it was a great experience to work alongside experienced personnel which helped me throughout the week.
Productive and fun loving work place
Admin/Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Killarney, County Kerry7 October 2019
A good reputable company to work in. Its 11 years opened in Killarney and is very busy and a cash cow for the town since. A good product of food and general merchandise.
Good for students
Sales Assistant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dundrum16 September 2019
Marks & Spencer was very good to me for the years I worked there part time while in college. I gained a lot of experience while working here and the values they thought stand to me today.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin3 September 2019
My day of work was shift hours. Get my tasks done.
I learned how to deal with customers in terms of helping customers to find what they are looking for.
the management was on point. There have healthy culture workplace. The job was not hard and I did enjoy my work over there.
Pros
free tea, coffee, sugar, and milk.
Cons
8 hours
Good Training and enjoyable work enviroment
DEC 2016 SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Marks and Spencer Liffey Valley24 August 2019
Each hour you my be given a different roll for example,checkout, fitting rooms, floor recovery and putting out stock. The changes of roll meant that there is always something new and interesting to do.
Fun And Good Place To Work
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santry, County Dublin17 June 2019
Working For Marks And Spencer’s is great
The staff and managers are all good and helpful
The money is great
The most enjoyable part is getting to meet different customers and hear stories
I’ve learned various things such as how to date rotate food
Pros
Discount card of €150 for week to week staff, €3, 000 to permanent staff
Cons
Anti social hours depending on your contract
Amazing workplace
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ireland24 May 2019
Such an amazing company with amazing staff enjoyed every second of my 19 years there. The training and commitment too each individual there is outstanding and reflects on the company
Fitting room assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork9 May 2019
At marks and Spencer’s when I was there it was a great working environment and everyone on the team was very kind to me. I enjoyed helping the public and getting to know the work environment around me.
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, IN30 April 2019
I really enjoyed working there. The staff were so friendly an the company is a great company to be involved in. I really looked forward to go in every morning.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Customer Complaints
Suitable workplace for students with good benefits.
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Blackrock, County Dublin28 February 2019
I currently am working in the deli counter in Marks and Spencer.
A typical work day includes a lot of cleaning, serving customers, preparing food and putting food away at the end of the night.
I worked evenings while in college and it suited me at the time and am currently here while I look for something else.
Its a positive work environment and i get along great with my colleagues and everyone is uplifting yo be around and motivating.
I've learned valuable communication skills from working here and gained a lot of experience in dealing with customers and their issues and complaints.
The most enjoyable part of the job is pleasant coworkers and the company benefits and the most difficult part for me personally is dealing with difficult customers.
Pros
Extra Sunday pay
Cons
Too many additional hours at times.
A great experience
Visual Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Newbridge, County Kildare24 February 2019
i did work experience for a couple of months and the staff were very welcoming. a typical work day for me was dressing mannequins and folding clothes and speaking with customers. the hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of the day because there was so much work to be done. the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know all the employees and regular customers.
Pros
long lunches
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marks and Spencer. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K