Marks and Spencer Employee Reviews

Found 118 reviews matching the search See all 5,590 reviews
Good for students
Sales Assistant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dundrum16 September 2019
Marks & Spencer was very good to me for the years I worked there part time while in college. I gained a lot of experience while working here and the values they thought stand to me today.
Fun And Good Place To Work
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santry, County Dublin17 June 2019
Working For Marks And Spencer’s is great
The staff and managers are all good and helpful
The money is great
The most enjoyable part is getting to meet different customers and hear stories
I’ve learned various things such as how to date rotate food
Pros
Discount card of €150 for week to week staff, €3, 000 to permanent staff
Cons
Anti social hours depending on your contract
Amazing workplace
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ireland24 May 2019
Such an amazing company with amazing staff enjoyed every second of my 19 years there. The training and commitment too each individual there is outstanding and reflects on the company
Fitting room assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork9 May 2019
At marks and Spencer’s when I was there it was a great working environment and everyone on the team was very kind to me. I enjoyed helping the public and getting to know the work environment around me.
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, IN30 April 2019
I really enjoyed working there. The staff were so friendly an the company is a great company to be involved in. I really looked forward to go in every morning.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Customer Complaints
Suitable workplace for students with good benefits.
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Blackrock, County Dublin28 February 2019
I currently am working in the deli counter in Marks and Spencer.
A typical work day includes a lot of cleaning, serving customers, preparing food and putting food away at the end of the night.
I worked evenings while in college and it suited me at the time and am currently here while I look for something else.
Its a positive work environment and i get along great with my colleagues and everyone is uplifting yo be around and motivating.
I've learned valuable communication skills from working here and gained a lot of experience in dealing with customers and their issues and complaints.
The most enjoyable part of the job is pleasant coworkers and the company benefits and the most difficult part for me personally is dealing with difficult customers.
Pros
Extra Sunday pay
Cons
Too many additional hours at times.
A great experience
Visual Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Newbridge, County Kildare24 February 2019
i did work experience for a couple of months and the staff were very welcoming. a typical work day for me was dressing mannequins and folding clothes and speaking with customers. the hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of the day because there was so much work to be done. the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know all the employees and regular customers.
Pros
long lunches
a good place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 February 2019
a typical day at m&s was to go in with a smile on your face and to have a good relatiosnhip with co workers. You also had to have a good value of customer service.
Pros
good pay and bonuses
Cons
long hours, working evenings and weekends
tough job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork30 January 2019
the job was constantly busy which was great because it kept me busy
i learned how to work under pressure and still delivery the best service i can
the management was mostly good but not all were fair
some customers were really nasty which could make you a bit upset at times
the best part of my job was when i you helped a customer and you know they are happy with your help too
Pros
friendships made
Cons
really bad hours
Productive and fun place to work in
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Donegal13 January 2019
I enjoyed being part of the marks and Spencer’s team , such a happy environment to work in with good atmosphere, friendly staff and customers had the best time
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Good hours
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin11 January 2019
I worked in Grafton Streets menswear section during Christmas and the managers are very organised and friendly. I learned about customer service and how to organise each part of the and quickly adapted to the managers expectations. When mistakes are made the managers are calm and understanding of the situations. My workdays are mostly short as I was working part time and I'm a student. The hardest part of the job can be some customer queries but co-workers and a manager if necessary are a great help and you quickly get to know your co-workers.
Pros
good hours during the christmas season, friendly people
Busy and Thriving workplace
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork8 January 2019
Typically i would be on a til dealing with customers and occasionally on the floor filling in stock or a general tidy. I had my HACCP qualification as well so i would also help in the cafe form time to time. It was always busy so really good communication between staff and management was essential. The hardest part was getting used to the fast pace especially at lunch and closing time which could be quite hectic, interacting and helping customers would have been the most enjoyable. I learned brilliant customer service while i was there.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Awkward hours sometimes
Producttive
Cafe Assistant/ Menswear (Current Employee) –  Liffey Valley Centre, County Dublin5 January 2019
Going into Marks and Spencer, you know it is going to be a very day at all cost because there are many things to be done. The management in the work place are good and you learn of new things each and every day
bad place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  dublin2 December 2018
pay was good for a retail job but the management was horrendous and they had no idea what they were doing on a day to day basis they also speak down to yu an awful lot
Store Managers and Commercials Managers Ran Me Out
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dublin1 December 2018
It's a great work environment as staff are like family but the store managers are awful human beings that don't appreciate you or respect you.
Work benefits are good but the chance for advancement is very low.
Fun and friendly place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin13 October 2018
This was a fun place to work but also professionally run by excellent managers who looked after there staff and rewarded efficiency. I worked over the Christmas period at Marks and Spencer's and I have to say it was one of my most enjoyable jobs I have ever had the pleasure of working in. The company itself was a fabulous company to work for at the time.
Pros
Discount card
Cons
Had to buy lunch
comfortable and enjoyable work plaxe
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 September 2018
I walked in clocked into work and off i went i was giving my duties then went on lunch then went back i learned work life it was good retail is something i wanna work in.
Pros
Inside cafe
Cons
Alot of walking
good place to work
Customers service, communications, Barista, Bakery (Current Employee) –  Dublin31 August 2018
Good place to work. Good salary and benefits. The shop is always busy and you are kept going. I really enjoy the work would recommend Marks and Spencers to everyone.
good work team
Visual Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Dublin29 August 2018
Creatively applying my skills on a daily basis, to keep and improve the visual appeal and look of the store for the customers.
Making sure the the stock is available to the customers as displayed in store.
attending to the needs of the customers, ie; if an item of clothing is needed to be taking off the mannequin for a customer or, if the availability is low, the mannequin needs changing not to mislead the customers of the item arability.
Making sure that the store is neat and tidy at all times.
Recreating visual appeal and suggestions by displaying new ways an outfit on a daily basis.
Innovating concept of other products ie; in the foods section or kids section.
Making sure that all displayed decor are up to date and are displayed according to offer presented daily.
Pros
discount card
Good
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dublin23 July 2018
Nice company, good down to earth section managers. Always been happy to work there. Pay is fair. Very strict on certain things, sometimes. Overall I gained a lot of expericence, had an amazing team, and was happy.
Pros
Cheap lunches, fair pay, nice sense of community, make lots of friends
Cons
No parking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marks and Spencer. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K