Marks and Spencer
Coronavirus update
Information from Marks and Spencer:

Marks and Spencer Pay & Benefits reviews

Ireland139 reviews
Suitable workplace for students with good benefits.
I currently am working in the deli counter in Marks and Spencer.
A typical work day includes a lot of cleaning, serving customers, preparing food and putting food away at the end of the night.

I worked evenings while in college and it suited me at the time and am currently here while I look for something else.

Its a positive work environment and i get along great with my colleagues and everyone is uplifting yo be around and motivating.

I've learned valuable communication skills from working here and gained a lot of experience in dealing with customers and their issues and complaints.

The most enjoyable part of the job is pleasant coworkers and the company benefits and the most difficult part for me personally is dealing with difficult customers.
Pros
Extra Sunday pay
Cons
Too many additional hours at times.
Nice place to work
Nice place to work staff and management are very nice I have not worked long in this place good environment you get good benefits of you like working here it's for you
Good place to Work
Good company to work for , excellent benefits and competitive salary ,
Good Company to learn about Textile and Food sections,
Good support from Management

High Standards of Customer Service demanded through KPIs
Best years of my life.
Spent 15+ years with the company. The star aligned and it was time to change career. Leaving behind the benefits of discount , bonuses and pension made the decision difficult.
Productive and fun workplace
My day of work was shift hours. Get my tasks done.
I learned how to deal with customers in terms of helping customers to find what they are looking for.

the management was on point. There have healthy culture workplace. The job was not hard and I did enjoy my work over there.
Pros
free tea, coffee, sugar, and milk.
Cons
8 hours
a good place to work
a typical day at m&s was to go in with a smile on your face and to have a good relatiosnhip with co workers. You also had to have a good value of customer service.
Pros
good pay and bonuses
Cons
long hours, working evenings and weekends
Productive and fun place to work in
I enjoyed being part of the marks and Spencer’s team , such a happy environment to work in with good atmosphere, friendly staff and customers had the best time
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Good hours
Store Managers and Commercials Managers Ran Me Out
It's a great work environment as staff are like family but the store managers are awful human beings that don't appreciate you or respect you.
Work benefits are good but the chance for advancement is very low.
good place to work
Good place to work. Good salary and benefits. The shop is always busy and you are kept going. I really enjoy the work would recommend Marks and Spencers to everyone.
Good
Nice company, good down to earth section managers. Always been happy to work there. Pay is fair. Very strict on certain things, sometimes. Overall I gained a lot of expericence, had an amazing team, and was happy.
Pros
Cheap lunches, fair pay, nice sense of community, make lots of friends
Cons
No parking
Enjoyed the part time work
Not much to say here, was there for a month or so maximum during Christmas time. Good management, and even better wages. I would definitely recommend Marks and Spencer on a part time basis, I am not qualified to recommend it on a full time one as I have never been a full time employee.
Pros
Nice working environment
Cons
Retail
Productive and fun workplace
This workplace was so enjoyable. The staff were beyond willing to help me and teach me about their systems and how to use them. The hours were really good and I learned alot.
Pros
Nice staff area
Cons
Short lunch break
Best retail company I've worked for
There's nothing hard about working at M&S unless that person is lazy.

I enjoyed every second spent on the shopping floor and interacting with both customers and work colleagues
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Good long hours
Productive and rewarding place to work
Visual merchandising and providing customer service for my work days. This job was very rewarding and I gained alot of skills and knowledge during my time here. I loved all aspects of this job.
Pros
great rate of pay and holidays and bonuses
I enjoy working at M&S as part of a team
I have been working at M&S cafe at Southampton Genral hospital for over a year , I done my training at Hedge End Southampton . I really love my job but as M&S is run by Compass Geoup at hospital I don't receive any M&S benefits. I also would love to work closer to my home.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Low pay
Fun and good place to work
I loved working in Marks and Spencer, it was an enjoyable job and they were good to work for. There was no part of the job that I didn't like. I got on with everyone and I liked all aspects of the job.
Pros
It was all good
Cons
There was none
Well organised
I had 3 weeks work experience in marks and spencer and really enjoyed it. I was welcomed very well into the marks and Spencer's work place I was asked to come back over the Christmas but I was not able to as I was on football trials
Excellent place to work
Great enviornment to work and lovely staff members

The hardest part of the job would be travelling

The most enjoyable part would be dealing with customers at christmas and everyone was in good spirits
Pros
free lunch and loyalty card
Cons
awkward hours
Sales Advisor
Worked in all departments throughout the store over the years, including the Cash Office twice a week. M&S was very good to me through my life to date & it was a pleasure working there
Pros
20% Discount. 1 month Christmas Bonus. FANTASTIC non contributory pension, Great comaraderie & friendships .
Cons
No cons on employment side.
Very busy and productive.
The VM team were really good to me, They didn't question my skills in VM although they knew I was only a 2nd year VM student. They helped me advanced my skills in the industry.

I asked the workers how their salary is and they said they get 11.50 euros per hour and their hours are 8-4:30 from Monday to Friday but some do come in on the Saturday/Sunday to do extra (we're talking full-time)

They have a great canteen and the hot drinks there is free.

The amount of work was balanced. I did store checks in the morning, tables/mannequins and higher-ups for the rest of the day.

Overall, working there for the 2 weeks was a great experience!
Pros
Free Coffee, Good pay
Cons
Very Busy
fun work placement
i really enjoyed working here i got to work in different part of the vm area example: men wear,women wear, children wear,laurngy and food
Pros
i brought my own lunch or i would buy food in the canteen
Cons
worked from 8 to 4.30 for the two days
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marks and Spencer. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4K