Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great work enviroment
The management company I worked for was amazing. They were very supportive and willing to work with employees and Guest as needed.
They offered a good benefit package as well.
Pros
Hotel discounts for vacations
Cons
On call 24/7
Un ambiente internacional maravilloso
Tras muchos anios y muchos puestos recorridos, tuve la oportunidad de aprender muchísimo del negocio y la gente. Si no hubiese regresado a mi país seguiría mi carrera allí.
Work like a horse and survive on only milk and old pasta for your lunch brake.
Unless you wore a suit you were treated like dirty on the bottom of the shoes of those that did wear suits.

C&B=Long hours, no finish time, shifts back to back, often no food on your break, extremely dangerous expectations on staff to move heavy furniture and equipment, managers that could not organise a p*ss up in a brewery.

The only good thing about the job was the unbreakable bond of the team forged through16 hour shifts and being deliriously underfed.
Wouldn't suggest it to my worse enemy
Really bad work environment
Zero help from managers

English line over 100 calls a day

You only hang around your language team

No social life nor a life in general
Internship
Worked here as part of my Internship for college. Everyone from managememt to guests were so friendly. Fast paced environment when busy but always a fun place to work
Iers gezellig, maar toch proffesioneel
Heel fijn bedrijf om voor gewerkt te hebben! Ze geven veel om hun mensen, en zijn heel empathisch naar hun collega's toe. ook ben je minuten lopen van de macdonalds en een broodjes zaak dus fijn voor de lunch.
Productive and fun workplace
Productive and fun workplace and not stressful at all. I work from 8.00 am and 4.30 pm Monday to Friday and even one day a week from home. I couldn't imagine a better place where to work.
Problem solving skils required
Great Company for people who love to work in challenging environment.
High quality service with extremely busy time management.

Perfect pleace for people who are able to resolve problems creatively.
Stressful
Busy, fast paced place, huge loyalty program - really challenging.
There is opportunity to progress and relocate around the world, impressive number of locations.
Great company to work for
I've learned a lot during my time with the company, I have been promoted several times through different departments and always had great support and help from my teams
Prepare to work like a horse
The job was exhausting, couldn't walk the next morning (and i am used to physical work). Supervisors doesn't care about anything, unless they need something. Same story with the management, 2 out of 5 people was nice. While working there, it was the lowest point of my life, felt like a slave every day. Always need to follow and write down my hours, always had problems at the end of the month. Wouldn't recommend this job to anyone, unless you need a job straight away. They would hire anyone, because no one wants to work for them. Lunch 9 out of 10 times was horrible, everything tastes like it was made a week ago. If you are reading this, please don't apply there. I know you can find a better job.
Good Entry Level Job
If you are planning to work in the multinational office corporation environment this is a very good opportunity. Good starter of open minded young multilingual candidates.
Day to Day
Great place to learn everything you know about customer service, Had the pleasure of Starting with Starwood before it became Marriott and very grateful for everything I was thought. Hard work does pay off :)
Agobiante
Una empresa buena pero que se organiza mal a la hroa de ajustar a los trabajadores
good
Enthusiastic and Self-motivated, Level 5 in Retail/ Customer Service. Excellent organisational,
communication and multi-tasking skills gained from my 7years work experience. Have also

acquired Knowledge in culinary, merchandising and sales representative. Proactive, highly

motivated, Ambitious person who achieves results through people and by setting achievable

strategic quality plans. Results-driven with willingness to learn and work both autonomously,

when pressured and as part of a team.
A mess
I loved work when the company was Starwood, now with the merge with marriott, it's a mess. New system that nobody knows work with. There no support for that system. all associates are in big level of stress at this moment.
Pros
Healthy insurance
Cons
salary, shifts
"reservation and sales agent"
It’s a company that opens the doors to success.
Literary call after call. No time to have a sip of water between the call.

Good environment, interesting job, nice people, easy to be hired, good training
Learn to work fast
Always work with the time . Had a good relationship with the service and improving on our food always . I enjoy the most when the guest enjoy the food you make greatly.
Pros
Cons
Doesnt take good care of the staff
Good company
It is a good compnay with a good reputation. Call cneter not too busy. The team is the best, very helpful. The salary could be higher. The office is in a good location.
Not recommended
Messy place, employees have no possibilities to book vacations, I was working for many companies and I can notice the difference between strategy in here and in previous companies.
Nice staff
Managers were helpful and friendly and so were other staff members. The work was fast paced and tough at times. Enjoyed the social interaction with staff and guests.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
9.5K