Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Nice staff
Banqueting staff (Former Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath30 May 2018
Managers were helpful and friendly and so were other staff members. The work was fast paced and tough at times. Enjoyed the social interaction with staff and guests.
Mediocre. Very corporate
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Cork9 May 2018
The workplace environment was very controlled and quite boring either due to high volume of stressful work or complete lack of tasks with no inbetween
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Everything else about the job sucks
Not what expected
Sales and Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cork18 December 2017
Poor salary, poor management, but nice colleagues, very supportive. The HR team is not that helpful. Though, it was still a good time working there. Too many calls
Pros
Hotels discount/job location
Cons
poor management
Empresa multicultural, de fácil integração e com ambiente profissional muito apelativo.
Assistente a Clientes (Former Employee) –  Cork, Irlanda11 December 2017
Um dia comum de trabalho consistia em estar em contacto com clientes por telefone e por email, apartir do meu proprio posto de trabalho nas instalações da empresa.
A maior aprendizagem que obtive desta experiência profissional foi a aptidão em comunicar com qualquer tipo de cliente, de diversas nacionalidades, e a facilidade em expressar-me devidamente de acordo com as minhas funções.
To many calls
Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Cork8 November 2017
I am currently working for Marriott international, I really like the staff and working in a multicultural environment, but in the english line i receive around 80 calls per day, which i believe its to much.
Pros
benefits, environment
Cons
to many calls, salary
Une entreprise fabuleuse
Manager des ventes (Former Employee) –  Irlande12 October 2017
Ayant travaillé 5 ans pour Starwood Hotels and Resorts j'ai évolué à de nombreux postes à décisions. J'ai eu des opportunités exceptionnelles de faire progresser ma carrière et mes compétences.
J'espère que la philosophie restera la même sous Marriott.
Pros
Développement personnel et professionnel.
Cons
On ne sait ce qu'on quitte qu'après l'avoir fait.
Sales & Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cork8 October 2017
The culture and people at Starwood are wonderful - they play as a team and do the right thing for customers. Management are approachable and open to suggestions. Mistakes are genuinely considered as learning opportunities.

Taking calls all day can be gruelling, but there are plenty of opportunities for progression to other duties/roles.
Active and lively workplace
Gym cleaner (Former Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath12 September 2017
I really enjoyed my work experience at the Sheraton Fitness at the hotel. I found that the tasks were quite easy to do. I found that the gym staff were very friendly and they gave me clear instructions on what was necessary to do.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
No salary
Ambiente de trabajo divertido
Agente de reservas internacional (Former Employee) –  County Cork31 August 2017
Empresa multinacional con un grupo de compañeros de diferentes paises, posibilidad de descuentos en hoteles a nivel global,
Great colleagues
Specialist Hotel Assist & Support (Current Employee) –  Cork30 August 2017
whilst working at starwood hotels & resorts I gained valuable customer service skills which helped me in work and as well in my life. I have met some great people from all over the world
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Friends Politics
Busy workplace with great learning
Food & Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athlone, Westmeath18 August 2017
A typical day at work was essentially setting up a conference room in order to host a wedding reception/awards ceremony and other similar events and then carrying out service during the events. It was a tough job with no time to not be busy, but that was one of the best parts of the job.
Fun work place
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Cork11 May 2017
Good experience, Fun place to work. Company focused in Customer Quality and Experience. Fantastic location, near of public transportation. Fantastic benefits.
Fun workplace
Commis 1 (Former Employee) –  Asia square tower 217 April 2017
Actually I did learn a lot new things.. like a team work.. if u do wrong but they will teach u again an again.. they are very the friendly... when u don't know anything, can ask them.. they are very the helpful..
Pros
Got canteen food is under tong le
Cons
Long hour got OT
Great people, friendly staff and good manager
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Athlone4 April 2017
Overall its a good place to work but you do work hard when it's busy. Managers are good give tasks and you know what you have to do, they will help you too.

It's geat that its part of the Marriott Group, we got a few cheap holidays and we learned a lot about brand standards! we got lots of training, free meals, free gym and pool. People are friendly and helpful. Lots of families work there.

The hotel is family owned and they are always around, they are nice and friendly too.

It's very social, we have a great Christmas Party and Summer BarbQ and other nights out with the team.

I have made life long frinds in the Sheraton.
Pros
meals, free gym and pool, parking and discounted hotels
Cons
hours can be long but that is in every hotel
Fun and productive
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 February 2017
This multinational hospitality organisation was both fun and challenging with amazing development opportunities.

I had the opportunity to work with the best professionals in the business and learn and lead in this environment.
great people to work with
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath23 February 2017
the best part of this hotel is the people that work there, Majority of people get along which makes the place fun to work in. the downside is that the place is so short staffed. this makes other people work harder and the appreciation is not really there for those people.
Pros
lunch included, complimentary gym.
Cons
long hours with no appreciation for the hard work
Ran like a zoo
Waiting Staff (Former Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath22 February 2017
Too many youngsters who think they know it all. No communication between colleagues. Constantly running out of stuff. This place would turn you off working in hotels.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long unsociable hours
fun place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cork24 November 2016
I loved it, The staff was great and the atmosphere was positive. The reason I left the job was because I was resuming with University. Now I have left my course to figure out what I really want to do in Life.
Pros
small breaks by the hour
Cons
Fun workplace , nice people to meet
Administration and Wholesale Specialist (UK&Irl) (Current Employee) –  Cork3 November 2016
The co workers in my department are great to work with. The management is trying their best but are still some issues which are not solved, also the salaries are not really good.

The most enjoyable part is the team work
Pros
sometimes free coffe. tea
Cons
long hours, no promovations
Productive and enriching workplace
Andministrator, RM System Support (Current Employee) –  Cork26 October 2016
Working at Starwood for over 2 years provided me with extensive knowledge about hotel industry and customer service experience.
Working here is fantastic experience, because of the colleagues.
Sometimes is hard to please the guests, but will always try to help, because guest travel memories' start with us.
Pros
Team colleagues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

57.4K