Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 44 reviews matching the search See all 19,340 reviews
Great company to work for
Manager Sales Operations Support EAME (Promoted) (Former Employee) –  Cork22 October 2019
I've learned a lot during my time with the company, I have been promoted several times through different departments and always had great support and help from my teams
Prepare to work like a horse
Accommodation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 July 2019
The job was exhausting, couldn't walk the next morning (and i am used to physical work). Supervisors doesn't care about anything, unless they need something. Same story with the management, 2 out of 5 people was nice. While working there, it was the lowest point of my life, felt like a slave every day. Always need to follow and write down my hours, always had problems at the end of the month. Wouldn't recommend this job to anyone, unless you need a job straight away. They would hire anyone, because no one wants to work for them. Lunch 9 out of 10 times was horrible, everything tastes like it was made a week ago. If you are reading this, please don't apply there. I know you can find a better job.
Good Entry Level Job
Training and Development Leader (Former Employee) –  Cork13 March 2019
If you are planning to work in the multinational office corporation environment this is a very good opportunity. Good starter of open minded young multilingual candidates.
Day to Day
Universal Associate (Former Employee) –  Cork23 February 2019
Great place to learn everything you know about customer service, Had the pleasure of Starting with Starwood before it became Marriott and very grateful for everything I was thought. Hard work does pay off :)
Agobiante
Reservations (Former Employee) –  County Cork4 January 2019
Una empresa buena pero que se organiza mal a la hroa de ajustar a los trabajadores
good
Sales Reservation Associate/Customer Services (Current Employee) –  Cork5 December 2018
Enthusiastic and Self-motivated, Level 5 in Retail/ Customer Service. Excellent organisational,
communication and multi-tasking skills gained from my 7years work experience. Have also
acquired Knowledge in culinary, merchandising and sales representative. Proactive, highly
motivated, Ambitious person who achieves results through people and by setting achievable
strategic quality plans. Results-driven with willingness to learn and work both autonomously,
when pressured and as part of a team.
A mess
Sales and services associate (Current Employee) –  cork16 November 2018
I loved work when the company was Starwood, now with the merge with marriott, it's a mess. New system that nobody knows work with. There no support for that system. all associates are in big level of stress at this moment.
Pros
Healthy insurance
Cons
salary, shifts
"reservation and sales agent"
Reservations and Sales Specialist Spanish (Former Employee) –  Cork24 October 2018
It’s a company that opens the doors to success.
Literary call after call. No time to have a sip of water between the call.
Good environment, interesting job, nice people, easy to be hired, good training
Learn to work fast
Chef De Partie (Current Employee) –  Asia square tower18 October 2018
Always work with the time . Had a good relationship with the service and improving on our food always . I enjoy the most when the guest enjoy the food you make greatly.
Pros
Cons
Doesnt take good care of the staff
Good company
ASSOCIATE SALES & SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Cork26 August 2018
It is a good compnay with a good reputation. Call cneter not too busy. The team is the best, very helpful. The salary could be higher. The office is in a good location.
Not recommended
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Cork10 August 2018
Messy place, employees have no possibilities to book vacations, I was working for many companies and I can notice the difference between strategy in here and in previous companies.
Nice staff
Banqueting staff (Former Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath30 May 2018
Managers were helpful and friendly and so were other staff members. The work was fast paced and tough at times. Enjoyed the social interaction with staff and guests.
Mediocre. Very corporate
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Cork9 May 2018
The workplace environment was very controlled and quite boring either due to high volume of stressful work or complete lack of tasks with no inbetween
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Everything else about the job sucks
Not what expected
Sales and Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cork18 December 2017
Poor salary, poor management, but nice colleagues, very supportive. The HR team is not that helpful. Though, it was still a good time working there. Too many calls
Pros
Hotels discount/job location
Cons
poor management
Empresa multicultural, de fácil integração e com ambiente profissional muito apelativo.
Assistente a Clientes (Former Employee) –  Cork, Irlanda11 December 2017
Um dia comum de trabalho consistia em estar em contacto com clientes por telefone e por email, apartir do meu proprio posto de trabalho nas instalações da empresa.
A maior aprendizagem que obtive desta experiência profissional foi a aptidão em comunicar com qualquer tipo de cliente, de diversas nacionalidades, e a facilidade em expressar-me devidamente de acordo com as minhas funções.
To many calls
Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Cork8 November 2017
I am currently working for Marriott international, I really like the staff and working in a multicultural environment, but in the english line i receive around 80 calls per day, which i believe its to much.
Pros
benefits, environment
Cons
to many calls, salary
Gained new knowledge
Corporate & VIP Reservations agent (Former Employee) –  Dublin12 October 2017
This was a new line of business for me.
It was a sales role but different to selling IT. I learned how to use a new sales tool which is generic to all large hotels so I now have the knowledge that can be brought with me if I decide to look for employment in the hotel industry in the future.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Travel
Une entreprise fabuleuse
Manager des ventes (Former Employee) –  Irlande12 October 2017
Ayant travaillé 5 ans pour Starwood Hotels and Resorts j'ai évolué à de nombreux postes à décisions. J'ai eu des opportunités exceptionnelles de faire progresser ma carrière et mes compétences.
J'espère que la philosophie restera la même sous Marriott.
Pros
Développement personnel et professionnel.
Cons
On ne sait ce qu'on quitte qu'après l'avoir fait.
Sales & Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cork8 October 2017
The culture and people at Starwood are wonderful - they play as a team and do the right thing for customers. Management are approachable and open to suggestions. Mistakes are genuinely considered as learning opportunities.

Taking calls all day can be gruelling, but there are plenty of opportunities for progression to other duties/roles.
Ambiente de trabajo divertido
Agente de reservas internacional (Former Employee) –  County Cork31 August 2017
Empresa multinacional con un grupo de compañeros de diferentes paises, posibilidad de descuentos en hoteles a nivel global,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

58.9K