Marriott International, Inc.
Marriott International, Inc. Employee Review

fast paced yet great work environment

14 June 2017
A typical day at work starts with meeting in-house clients followed by a morning RevMax meeting where we discuss business opportunities that have come in the previous day. We discuss as a group to determine if it makes sense for the hotel on a financial level to bid on the event. Throughout the day I am responding to incoming leads whether they come in via telephone or email. Each day we hold BEO meeting with each department to ensure everyone has the information needed to execute events as flawlessly as possible, I have learned many things over the years in terms of sales, operations, building customer rapport. The hardest part of the job is sometimes not receiving the clients event specifications as quickly as you would like. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people on a daily basis.
5.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Free lunches, discounts at hotels worldwide
11 June 2020
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) - Cork
Marriott is a worldwide hospitality company. It offers many chances for relocation and promotion. Workplace is fun and people are treated like if they were family.
25 May 2020
Operations Manager (Former Employee) - Blackpool, County Cork
Avoid if possible, rubbish facilities, one directional hierarchical structure, complete mislabeling of the jobs, rudderless senior leadership, GM and HR incredibly difficult to deal with, lack of ownership of problems, lot of uncertainty about where Marriott want to go and how they are going to get there.
28 April 2020
Senior Chef (Former Employee) - Athlone, County Westmeath
They will make the workers on salary work the overtime to cut the hours of the poor employees that are hourly paid you end up being on a terrible wage when you calculate it. Expect you to work Christmas Easter all bank holidays and summer months and take your holidays in January February time. Stay away and find a job that will respect you
  1. fast paced yet great work environment