Marriott International, Inc.
Marriott International, Inc. Employee Review

It was a learning experience as I had never worked in the hospitality industry

17 August 2018
It was a good experience, but very demanding work. I enjoyed the staff I worked with immensely. The banquet/special events side of the hospitality is very fast-paced and comes with many challenges, which we worked collectively on.
3.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Good learning experience and great staff
Cons
Very long hours
11 June 2020
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) - Cork
Marriott is a worldwide hospitality company. It offers many chances for relocation and promotion. Workplace is fun and people are treated like if they were family.
25 May 2020
Operations Manager (Former Employee) - Blackpool, County Cork
Avoid if possible, rubbish facilities, one directional hierarchical structure, complete mislabeling of the jobs, rudderless senior leadership, GM and HR incredibly difficult to deal with, lack of ownership of problems, lot of uncertainty about where Marriott want to go and how they are going to get there.
28 April 2020
Senior Chef (Former Employee) - Athlone, County Westmeath
They will make the workers on salary work the overtime to cut the hours of the poor employees that are hourly paid you end up being on a terrible wage when you calculate it. Expect you to work Christmas Easter all bank holidays and summer months and take your holidays in January February time. Stay away and find a job that will respect you
  1. It was a learning experience as I had never worked in the hospitality industry