Marriott International, Inc.
Marriott International, Inc. Employee Review

terrible management

10 February 2020
company does not REALLY care about customer service. Marriott management does not care about the employees. Management brags about Brand Standards however has no idea how to achieve them properly. Having to give last call and kick guests out of the bar as they have traveled & are getting a bite to eat is just not right. I could see if its 1:45am but at 10:45am because a new AGM or GM just made that a new policy. Sales always justified keeping the bar open & after 17 years of bartending I knew when & how to close a bar down. I have also never in my life been told to leave a pint glass up & not face down on bar mats having them ready to pour. Really? So dust & whatnot could get in them.....I guess if you want things floating in your tap beer!! This may sound petty but it would take pages to go into real detail about the way they wanted the bar set up for daily operations. They cared about aesthetic & not functionality that would give quick service to the guests. For one example my well which should be left to right Vodka,Gin,Rum,Tequila, Triple Sec, Whiskey, Scotch, lime juice , grenadine which is a general rule to which liquors are used most frequently. It may vary bar to bar but its very known there is an established order & usually a good reason for that order. Secret audits (but not secret) arranged by management so they could give false information on your score for a write up done to the employees that may have asked/challenged changes that made no sense to anyone.I have no problem with change however most companies encourage employee feedback & will discuss changes etc. - more...
1.0Job security/advancement
5 December 2018
Sales Reservation Associate/Customer Services (Current Employee) - Cork
Enthusiastic and Self-motivated, Level 5 in Retail/ Customer Service. Excellent organisational, communication and multi-tasking skills gained from my 7years work experience. Have also acquired Knowledge in culinary, merchandising and sales representative. Proactive, highly motivated, Ambitious person who achieves results through people and by setting achievable strategic quality plans. Results-driven with willingness to learn and work both autonomously, when pressured and as part of a team.
10 August 2018
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) - Cork
Messy place, employees have no possibilities to book vacations, I was working for many companies and I can notice the difference between strategy in here and in previous companies.
14 March 2016
Reservation & Customer Services Sales Associate (Former Employee) - Cork
We were dealing with the customers on a daily base. it was a face to face customers services. the staff and management were very helpful.