Marriott International, Inc.
Marriott International, Inc. Employee Review

very good place to learn new thinks and get right attitude

25 October 2017
Day at work was as a first busy time but if stuff is well trained and people know what to do it is not so difficult to handle. I've learned many important thinks about how to speak with customers and about attitude and behaving what belongs to hotel and hospitality industry. On manager is depending lot of thinks one of them is how restaurant is running out, how manager organised stuff to each role. Success of restaurant is lot dependent about how is whole think organised. Workplace culture was mostly nice and good. Hardest part of the job was when we were really busy and we had just to run, run a lot to serve all customers. Most enjoyable part of the job was feeling after a very busy day that we've done job successfully and customers were happy and wanted to come back.
3.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Free lunches, stuff parties, showers
Cons
management didn't listen about problems we had, couldn't fix easy thinks as a old and broken uniform for more than half year, to increase the service they couldn't develop tools for us. disorganization
11 June 2020
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) - Cork
Marriott is a worldwide hospitality company. It offers many chances for relocation and promotion. Workplace is fun and people are treated like if they were family.
25 May 2020
Operations Manager (Former Employee) - Blackpool, County Cork
Avoid if possible, rubbish facilities, one directional hierarchical structure, complete mislabeling of the jobs, rudderless senior leadership, GM and HR incredibly difficult to deal with, lack of ownership of problems, lot of uncertainty about where Marriott want to go and how they are going to get there.
28 April 2020
Senior Chef (Former Employee) - Athlone, County Westmeath
They will make the workers on salary work the overtime to cut the hours of the poor employees that are hourly paid you end up being on a terrible wage when you calculate it. Expect you to work Christmas Easter all bank holidays and summer months and take your holidays in January February time. Stay away and find a job that will respect you
  1. very good place to learn new thinks and get right attitude