Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Abu Dhabi

I worked as a front desk receptionist in Le Meridien Abu Dhabi affiliated to the Marriott group and it was a great opportunity I obtained during my career. I did not want to leave work there after the marriage I had to move to Scotland with my husband. If I got another chance I would recommend Marriott is a great place to work.
Since I have joined Marriott I've learnt so much things and became a better customer service representative as it was my first step into international brand.
During the integration of the merger and acquisition of a new company, the management should properly handle to avoid the resistance of the employee and maintain the Vision and Mission to sick people first to take care of our employees to produce expert and employment sustainability.
Learned different skills and challenge to manage own multiple task even if working with the other engineering staff, share and take trainings, can learn to prepare or schedule own task daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and semiannual. Can create or fabricate additional equipment and tools while performing mechanical, electrical or plumbing works.
I appreciate the culture of Marriott/EDITION . i would recommend this company to any potential person looking for employment. the hotels are beautiful and the people are interesting.
Job security is not always there, Marriott is very professional organized in the UAE and has access to the best programs and software. Marriott is very strong in training tools.
Pros
Profesional
Cons
job security
I worked from Sunday to Friday and Saturday is my day off I learned to handle my work alone The management support me in my work My work place is good It's difficult only for me to do my designs If it's heavy to lift it up I enjoy when I finished all my designs
It was a nice experience, working with Marriott. Marriott's putting people first culture is simply the best for growth of the associate's career and self development
makes you are in good place and learn so more about the food and alcohol best place if you want to grow your skill and your attitude friendly environment
encouraging and good place to work , good management and really good associates . provide all the training we need to deliver the best guest service .
Marriott Al Forsan aimed to corporate, long-stay guests. Short amount of guests from outside. I realize my opportunity to grow up and achieve benefits and skills with each new position. Management dependable of mood and personal issues. Workplace culture highly motivated to create personal connection with guests according to concept of hotel/outlet. Difficult to be creative because of all attempts usually closed by management. Good opportunity to develop stress-ability.
Great place to work good team and nice environment growing level is high according to the learning point of view very good property professional staff
The work environment was excellent. There was a lot of job enrichment and opportunities for growth. My time at Marriott was valuable, it helped me to learn a lot.
Personaly I really did enjoy my work period with the company, i think if I did continue with the company i would have learn so many things and build even strong career last but not least if i would choose a company to continue work for it would be Marriott.
Marriott International is a good company for all walks of life a cultural free environment with a good standard in terms of respecting different nationality, religion and culture.
Marriott International company really strong company in hotel sphere. Biggest concern with famous brands. A lot of job places in each department. Unfortunately this company provide slow development and low payment for hospitality staff.
Pros
Accommodation, meal, visa, insurance, transportation, fly ticket.
Cons
No balance between work and life.
I am happy to be part of one of the international hotel chains in the world. I have worked seven years and I have learned a lot in this property. Take a chance to have more developmental training.
Pros
Stable job
Cons
Slow promotion
Great location, really pleasant place to work , but the thing that makes this such a good place to work are the staff. All of the people are incredibly helpful and generous with their time and advice.Initially i star my career in Food and beverage then i moved to butler in front office and i got to know more about all the department.Brand like St Regis its my pleasure to work there as a butler.
I am working 9hurs I learn how to be responsible in handling things the management in our property are very helpful the hardest part in my job is the Pressure
Its a great place to work. The overall experience mold me to the person i am today. Learned some training that the company provides to become a better employee.g
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Front office activities are fun, every minute there is a new task to be attended too, you are never bored working in Hotels, meeting new cultures, traditions, this is the most fun area to work.