Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Assistant Front Office Manager

If I have a chance to work there again, I would do that without having to think about it. Rooms Division Manager very professional and always there to support line managers
Pros
Free staff transport, staff meal
Cons
Fair working hours
GoodPlace toWork Good management Flexible schedule Caring for their guestGreat customer service Can learn different areas of hotel and transfer
Pros
Free lunch
Benefits
“I love that I have a great degree of control and freedom within my job. I work full-time on a flexible schedule, both in and out-of-office, and my boss trusts me to produce high-quality work and results. I work hard to maintain that level of trust, which keeps me engaged and excited — but at the same time, I love that my job enables me to love and enjoy my other passions in life,”
Managed same day selling procedure to maximize and achieve highest room revenue and occupancy in fourth quarter of 2019.  Create Monthly plans to keep room revenue in budget while monitoring fiscal performance.  Secured #1 out of all Marriott managed hotels in Florida by boosting Guest Satisfaction Scores.  Ensuring compliance with Marriott Standards while managing staffing to business needs.
Working at my particular Marriott has been a great experience. It currently still is my current place of work. I enjoy the fact that I am given the tools I need to succeed and the freedom to make decisions in order to take care of the guests!
Enjoyed my time and had success shared with employees and customers on a daily basis. Built and fostered relationships to promote success for all individuals included.
very organised . they care about staff . management is always ready to help. team and my direct manager are lovely and work as team . i am always recommenced Marriott to anyone
Everyday is different here at Marriott International. That is what makes it fun to be here. You meet interesting people and are empowered to take care of the guest at the time instead of saying the manager will be here
This company was very stressful and there was no support from management. The General Manager was not active with his staff and would not speak or acknowledge his staff.
Pros
free lunch, discounts
I enjoyed the social interaction with people. I loved having the opportunity to solve issues ( Not Problems). The culture of the workplace was focused on the guests, The management empowered the employees to make the right decisions for our guests to make sure they had a problem free stay. I was responsible as the Night Manager on Duty for the welfare of the hotel the guests and its employees.
Pros
Awesome lunch program, Healthcare, Hotel Discounts, great atmosphere
Cons
very long hours
Must have tough skin to deal with rude guest 100% of the time. Even when a guest is wrong and may treat you badly, chances are upper management will comp their stay, meal etc. to keep hotel scores up. Work and life balance can be difficult, I would not recommend this job if you have young children. Hours consist of nights ex. 2-11: 30 PM maybe later hours due to call offs or short staff, no weekends unless you randomly are scheduled off or request months in advance for it; this position can be stressful.
Pros
Meeting great people/being a leader to an awesome team
Cons
Terrible work and life balance
Working at a Hotel i have to say it was an awesome experience..happy place and great environment. Meeting new people by the minute . Great Benefits, i wouldn't have left if my daughter at the time wasn't so small.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
to many hours
Lots of opportunity for advancement. It is a competitive work environment but if you work hard, they recognize it. Management gives lots of recognition to associates in every department.
dealing with day to day guest and really seeing how much they are enjoying the product that you put out. There is a certain enjoyment that you get from seeing a plan that you created implemented and it succeeding.
Pros
guest service experience
Cons
advancment
Management was very involved and training was given regularly to achieve the combined goals of running the business smoothly. I managed all the operation of Front office on a daily basis.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
To corporate and did not enjoy not having the opportunity to inter act with guest
Fantastic place to work all very supportive and open. great benefits with Marriott in general and good open door policy. good progression movements and food.
Fun place to work great hotel. too many people to stick out as a hero more like being a cog in a machine but you can make a difference and it exposes you to a new culture and attitude
Pros
location
Cons
This is one of the best properties to work at. Everyone has a great day and works hard here. Management team here is one of the best teams I have ever worked for!
Pros
Team
Great learning experience opening a hotel from pre open, to open to operations. I learned a lot about the entire hotel opening process and gained great experience for my future career in the hotel business
It is a good hotel to start a hotel career path. You will learn more about hotel operations because they have a good work structure. Growth opportunities are available as well if you work hard.
Pros
Reasonable weekly off days
Cons
Long working hours
The Company is very employee centric and supports the employees in the best way possible. It Has various Learning and development programs which enable its employees to strengthen them selves and develop as professionals.