Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Bartender

Great place to work while in college or to start an early career! Very systematic with plenty to learn and experience! Bartending and Serving positions are rewarding in pay!
They completely suck, worst management team I have ever worked for. Worked in the hospitality industry for over 20 years, never experienced so many unhappy workers in my life.
Cons
It was great working here. not only because of the money you can make there but most of our clientele, they would be in meetings for majority of the day so when they finally were released and able to let loose, we were there making them laugh, getting them feeling great and making sure they were having a great time after a long, tiring day.
Marriott is a large corporation that puts profits in front of they're employees long term well being. I was laid off because of COVID19, I have had to fight for my jopb many times because of managers putting they're own agender before that of their employees
Working in a hotel bar was a great experience and I loved working for Marriott. I got to meet the most interesting people and the bar closes earlier than other bars.
Weekends were slow because that hotel was specifically made for business travelers. It was a beautiful hotel and fun to work at, however it’s hard to stand on your feet for 10 hours doing absolutely nothing on the weekends. I’m used to high volume restaurants and I’d prefer to be constantly moving and working. There would be long periods of time where no one would be at my bartop.
I’m willing to work in any field I can warehouse delivery maintenance cleaning I’m a hard worker worked mainly in food and beverages I have no physical issues
Promotes employee moral. Makes you feel included and welcomes diversity. Flexible with work schedule. Offers pretty awesome benefits if you like to travel.
The last three years have been up and down between ownership change and remodeling. However, management has made sure to try and keep up moral during the lull in business. These situations have helped me to improve in my customer service and the attention I am able to pay to guests, which increased the amount of regulars to make sure to frequent our establishment instead of going down the street
food & beverage director is a great guy and has gotten me on some nice gigs. flexible hours. fun people and events. Beautiful historic building to work in.
I enjoy bartending at Marriott. Though it’s not a long term career, and as a 25 year old- I am looking more toward my future- and could see myself taking another position.
Working in the marriott for 2 years i learned not to trust anyone at the place of work. I learned that management will try everything in their power to get you fired if they do not like you. As much as a hard worker you can be, you will not be appreciated for any of your work.
Pros
Hotel discounts. Meeting nice guests.
Cons
Management.
This company focused on Job and family balance. I appreciated the management staff and their willing to pitch in with the work load. I enjoyed the little extras with employee appreciation.
It is great place to work if you are people person , I have worked for long time and I had amazing time at the same time there was crazy moment while the hotel is busy n full of guest need help every minute, it could be overwhelming, over all great place , Atlanta marriotte Marriott
I enjoyed working at the point clear AL Marriott once upon a time Had good management Decent to good coworkers Overall a good experience Would do it again Just needed more pay
Great place to work, great ambiance, great coworkers, great pay, great benefits, family oriented. I strongly recommend this place to work. Feels like.second home.
Worked for Marriott courtyard then they recommended me for the airport, TIA. Loved my experience with Marriott, great working conditions,. People friendly,. Great opportunity to make a decent living. Benefits were also great. Would love to work for Marriott again.
Care very little about you or what you have going on. Understandable from a major company in the world. Management barely knew what they were doing, except for select few, basically fresh out of school. Organization would thought to be of high priority, but it’s not. Basically reminded me of high school. Great pay, terrible daily atmosphere
Whan I started my employment it was a Starwood Company then purchased by Marriott. The transition a fairly smooth. Good job security but advancement was was difficult. All others I was working with were great people however there were many managers that were constantly changing. The idea of embracing change was a healthy concept.
Marriott hotel is a good company to work for with great benefits am applying this position as an on call employee, along the way or in the future i might consider working full time for the hilton hotel
Pros
Good company to work for
I really enjoyed working there, good people nice environment and cleanliness overall. Worked with alot of people. Fast paced atmosphere with 5 star ratings
Pros
the money was great and so are the people
Cons
Only seasonal months