Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Bartender

I have always enjoyed my job and assisting customers. Everyday is different and exciting and you meet people from all walks of life. Have always felt appreciated and valued in my role.
I really enjoyed working there, good people nice environment and cleanliness overall. Worked with alot of people. Fast paced atmosphere with 5 star ratings
Pros
the money was great and so are the people
Cons
Only seasonal months
Looking for a position that has a more consistent work schedule. I really don't want to fill out this form and feel it is a bit intrusive for Indeed to require I fill this out.
Good experience and good staff.. I learned a lot with some wonderful people.. a place where you can make your career in life.. special customers and where there is no difference of race or color.
The management team was evolving every 3 months which did not provide any clarity or support for the restaurant staff. We were not encouraged to make decisions to support the ultimate customer.
Marriott truly is an innovative, great company to work for. I've worked for four properties in three different states, within twelve years working for them. Each hotel being a different experience. Marriott puts their people first so that their employees have what they need to put their customers first and it shows.
It really depends what property you are at It seems every property has its own culture which can make or break the quality of life at work It seems like smaller properties are better
The hours were not flexible at my location, the pay did not compensate me for the energy I dispersed and after voicing my frustrations management overlooked my concerns.
I had 3 people review me 3 different times. The interviews went on from 45 minutes to 1 and a half hours. Many questions asked about why I was interested in job what I know about the company.
The Marriott overall mentors and takes care of it's employees and ranks very high compared to other companies and/or organizations I've worked for. They have Great Benefits including an outstanding 401K and great pay for the position I hold. A typical day as a Bartender starts by setting up the bar and learning what the items presented for the day are like soup and vegetable of the day and setting the bar up to service the guests when the bar opens. The Bartending job is very fast-paced and you must move and think on your feet fast which is the hardest part of the job.
The Marriott is a very fun and fast pace to work. It gets very busy and its very productive. The staff is great, the guest is amazing and you get to interact with great people
Poor quality work environment. Lack of equitable scheduling. Slacker friendly🙄😩. Only put younger people on money shifts at main hotel pool as servers Very poor quality in management
The most enjoyable part of the job is. Meeting, greeting,and talking to the guests at Marriott's. U have a chance to meet so many nice people from around the world.
This was one of the worst places I’ve worked in my 30 year career. The male managers never did anything but criticize. Worked 80 hour weeks without any thanks at all. The “management “ didn’t know what they were doing. Too many events never enough people or managers. Never recommend this place ever to anyone.
Great company to work for, easy advancement within the company. Always encouraged to learn different aspects of the hotel. Great work environment and great benefits
I enjoyed the environment to talk to all kinds of people from all over the country and serve them with great food/drinks. The people I worked with were very chill and understanding. However, management sucked because they would play favorites and will fire you without giving you a warning before they let you go. Then make up lies about how you cause issues in the work environment when it is actually the other person they are playing favorites with.
great company, great staff, beautiful remodeled restaurant, and the front desk is always helpful. The servers are great and the bartenders are as well.
great place to bar tend i highly recommend. fast paced high class enviroment with live entertainment. makes for easy money making fun place to work but bring your patience
Marriott Intl. is a great company to work for. I enjoyed the work atmosphere and the friendliness of the staff and everyone worked together to make everthing to go smooth and perfectly.
Pros
discounts, jobs wherever you want to live
Cons
non
It is a fast pace environment, that can be stressful if unprepared. You will be working with others usually in a team, so be ready to rely on others to have your back.
Everything feels great except the salary so they must sort it out and team is very good but management doesn't recognize the non managerial staff especially food and beverage