Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Bartender

Great place to work while in college or to start an early career! Very systematic with plenty to learn and experience! Bartending and Serving positions are rewarding in pay!
this is one of the best comnpanies i have ever worked for. Learnt alot, met lots of great people and made good money. I regret leaving the marriott because they are such a great company
I started in Banquets and I wanted to get my job on my experiences alone. I had to walk in my high heels with a tray of 10 full plates of rounds from one side of the banquet hall turn around and walk back, setting the tray on the tray Jack. They also gave us a menu and a blank piece of paper and we had to have it 10 minutes. The panel was very impressed I memorized the menu as I re called it back to them. Needless to say I was hired without using my husband's name.
Being a bartender at a Marriott is a totally different experience than bartending at "bars". The corporate atmosphere allows you to grow professionally and provides so many learning opportunities.
I worked for more than 1 place. The management is the most important. It's can be fun and great place to work but if the MNG is not care about employees, it's can be very difficult to work for them. After all, it's great place to be and to gain new experience.
The location of my employment had poor management. In the end they hired family and friends of management and they forced people out in the positions they wanted including me.
Marriott is very good company the overall treat the employee with respect and fair but the management team can be very bias and unfair sometimes 65 of the captain and banquet managers are very condersening they are not fair tread some better than the other.sad to say especially if you and them speak the same language
I thoroughly enjoy working at the Marriott I notice there is room for growth. If you are crossed training you can fill shifts in other roles within the hotel. In my time there I have seen people excell and develop themselves to promoted positions. I love interacting with guest's from all parts of the world. Great networking environment and perfect if you love the hospitality industry. I definitely recommend
sometimes you have to do multiple jobs which can be stressful as long as not getting paid for them. However mostly they work with you with scheduling and help out when needed.
Pros
they feed you!, benefits, flexible schedule
Cons
sometimes stressful
Great company with awesome benefits. There is a lot of supportive staff members. The guest are amazing. The work environment is exciting and fast paced. Wonderful place to work and grow
No one here really knows what they're doing job wise. The food and beverage managers can't even bartend or do opening and closing duties. It is such a dumb white boys club it's insane, if you're sub par at your job and a white male, you will for sure be promoted over a woman. Also, they should pay their staff better and make sure we actually get breaks.
Very fun place to work at, the bar and restaurant is right in front of the pool. people are very happy and relaxed since majority are coming straight from the pool. management for the most part is always around if not the front desk managers are very helpful.
Pay attention to detail, get as much rest as you can during the peak season.Where the proper shoes, the money's the best benefits are great you get to rest during the summer time when people go on vacation.
It has changed alot since I worked there so it's difficult for me to accurately vouch for how good the work conditions are as of current. When I worked there it was a very laid back and relaxed work environment.
Started as a starwood then bought by Marriott. Many small changes to the workplace culture. Poor hands on management with obvious favoritism. Was a fun place to work in the beginning. Because management was barely seen you took on responsibility of dealing with issues, which as a positive made you proactive.
I'm in the food and beverage area. The manager is very nice, works with you, explains the needs of the day and is very concerned about customer service. He cares about what he does and it shows. He will also jump in to help if needed. He's one of the best managers I've ever worked with.
It’s been a fantastic job. I do love working here. I’ve had the same work team for 2 years and the same GM since starting in December of 2016. I’ve made so many fantastic business connections through this company.
You definitely make money here as a server/bartender, but you have to work pretty long hours. Management is all over the place. There is a constant turn around with management because, Marriott holds very high and unachievable standards for management positions. This just causes stress that trickles down onto employeed..
Awesome team. Guest quality superb! Respectful mgmt. Full benefits, and company travel discounts are phenomenal. Brand New property so clean and shiny chic design.
Most times my liquor cabinet had been opened prior to my arriving. I rarely had a sufficient bank to open my register. Management was unyielding in addressing issues. The guests were from all over the world and the hardest part was not having necessary inventory for serving their favorite drinks.
A typical day at work consists of, cleaning silverware and making sure the dining area is set for our guests to enjoy their meals. management is amazing in the way that they keep the teamwork together. The hardest part of the job i would say is dealing with a bunch of people at one time , and what ive learned from this experience was how to adapt in those settings. the most enjoyable part about the job is creating a family within your team members , and also making other people happy .