Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Enthusiastic and Self-motivated, Level 5 in Retail/ Customer Service. Excellent organisational, communication and multi-tasking skills gained from my 7years work experience. Have also acquired Knowledge in culinary, merchandising and sales representative. Proactive, highly motivated, Ambitious person who achieves results through people and by setting achievable strategic quality plans. Results-driven with willingness to learn and work both autonomously, when pressured and as part of a team.
They dont care for their people, its like working with snakes. If the environment was friendlier. This would be a different review... my true feelings
Pros
Accrued vacation time
Cons
They way you are treated on the job
Marriott was a high pace Reservations center.They do offer pay raises and Benefits. This job offers a work at home options and transfer to home agents or building employees any where in the U.S.
I worked at a Reservation Call Centre. The hardest part of the job was trying to explain to impaired guests that yes, they were calling The Marriott, call centre... O was unable to greet them at the front door to let them in.
Fast pace and lovely perks. Detail was very important, but little room for growth. Great environment, always making sure the agent were never getting bored
Loved working here everyone is supportive. Got rude customers but part of the job. Management is great. Have a bunch of things for employees like prizes raffles
Pros
Great people
Cons
Rude customers but ifs a call center lol
Worst company would have been better staying a starwood MArriott blows.Everyything was taken away pay benefits they talk about ohow there the best how can be the best when u take everything we worked hard to get away?
Loved the friends I made there. Enjoyed talking with the people staying at Gaylord Opryland. The place was beautiful. I loved the sights and scenes when walking to lunch through the Atrium. Loved talking with the people staying there when walking through Gaylord Opryland.
Pros
sometimes free lunch
Cons
My manager was nice but the other people who work there are viscous. The pay sucks and there was no room for advancement and no benefits. The hotel guest are nice at least
While in employment through Marriott, I faced constant anxiety attacks due to being berated by guests. While i tried to brush this off, it ended up being too much for me and as a result, I left.
I worked there as a barista and a busser. Management openly let me train in other fields I was interested in. Very knowledgable staff who make work a very fun place to come to.
Scottsdale team awesome group to work with. met all daily, monthly goals Great perks, supported all hotels domestic and international Friendly staff
Pros
Hotel discount
flexible hours and vacation but bonuses were hard to attain. i dont care to write a review but im required to so im just going to keep typing until i get 150
Fast paced. Very employee oriented. Positive reinforcement. Advancement opportunities were boundless. Management was fantastic. The most diificulty part of the job was adjusting to every call in record time. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of the members to make them happy
Poor management....Felt ungreatful..I love what I did there @kor. Here is my story...In or around oct of Our capt. At the belldesk had accidently broke a baby stroller.And one of the managers said that to order the part.. It'll cost $120 plus shipping And and handling I examined it closer and told our quest that I can fix it 4free
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
The Austin ccc is an absolute horror to work at. The management pick favorites and if they don’t like you for a petty reason they will do everything in their power to make your job miserable. The HR staff do not care about your problems only their friends problems. And everyone there is a moron. Literally some of the managers only are there because they slept their way up or brown nosed. Everyone only cares about themselves. It’s a super toxic work environment
Pros
Cons
Management is stupid
Job is alright but the attendence policy is not lenient at all! They usually don't take excuses even if medically related. The pay was good but their policies aren't written clearly so you can get fired easily.
Marriott began using a new booking system before it was anywhere near being ready to be launched and before employees were give proper training on it.
I learned a lot about the hospitality industry. Enjoyed my time working there and everyone there was very friendly. Every department works differently. For instance when i was in AYS your schedule was based on how long you have been in the department. So the people with seniority would get to pick their days and hours.
I was hired for a front desk agent. Instead I was put in a back room answering phone calls because I “ had a nice and pleasant voice”. No training or mention of becoming a front desk agent.
Smoothly ran job but you take so many calls per day with no break at all what so ever so if that's what you are looking for go for it some of the supervisors are rude.