Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Enthusiastic and Self-motivated, Level 5 in Retail/ Customer Service. Excellent organisational, communication and multi-tasking skills gained from my 7years work experience. Have also acquired Knowledge in culinary, merchandising and sales representative. Proactive, highly motivated, Ambitious person who achieves results through people and by setting achievable strategic quality plans. Results-driven with willingness to learn and work both autonomously, when pressured and as part of a team.
I enjoyed the culture at the Marriott. There was always a training class and opportunities for growth. The management team was like a family to the employee always there to help.
New, incompetent and inexperienced managers were hired. They try to bully, and push their weight around. Micro management is bad! Your manager will dig and dig to find any reason, no matter how small to fire you if they do not like something/anything about you-even after the decade of committed loyalty and highly intellectual knowledge of all aspects of job. They will approve vacation for you, then revoke it after flights and all arrangements have been made. Shift bidding is a nightmare.
benefits
Cons
micromanagement, pay, ability to count on vacation time, always under threat of losing your job
I spent the day catering to the guests and their needs. Advising guests of activities in the city and even outside the city. I was in charge of helping guests with their luggage and parking their automobiles.
productive working environment , friendly people . work at home available if earned . unlimited overtime available 30 min lunch two 15 min breaks
Due to health reasons I had to leave this job, awesome group to work with locally and a great company that really cares for its staff. Really regret having to leave my position.
Pros
Benefits, full time great company
Cons
None that I know of
The job was organized and unprofessional. They didn’t like to work with there employees schedules. People stayed sick in the environment. There where no communication skills.
I was grateful to worked with Marriott/Starwoodhotels for 3 years. The people I've worked with are awesome, nothing beats the teamwork spirit. My supervisor is an amazing person and very supportive and take cares of her team. Employee perks are awesome as well! Thank you for the opportunity given to me.
Pros
employees perks and benefits
Cons
can be stressful dealing with people's complains sometimes
Excellent place to work and learn would love to advance in this company excellent environment great learning group to advancement I hope to be promoted
Mostly you take hotel reservations, but in my time with Marriott I started as Worldwide reservation specialist then moved to the Platinum Desk and ended on the Customer Care Desk
I liked working there ,The training was excellent we received about 6 weeks it was very hands on ,I loved the environment it was very relaxed basically come do your job to the best of your ability and they will acknowledge you .They have our weekly incentives it was a great place .
Pros
The whole job
Cons
Pay
Marriott reservations was my funnest job. I received inbound calls to make reservations the more reservations you make you get an incentive. They always had parties and feeding the employees foods. It was a great job.
The HR department when I was there had several fun incentives. We would play games at meetings and would win nice prizes. Management has favorites and allow some things with certain employees but reprimand others.
I would suggest having a set schedule morning, mid day or late night. It is a bit tiring working a different range of shifts each week. Customer service people skills required
they really care about the coustmers and they care about the you too they have fun activites to keep youi busty on the phone like coloring or cards if uou have the right sup
The job would have been fantastic if there was a better work life balance and management didn't screw over employees on a whim. The pay was also too low.
Answering phone with a smile! Handling guests needs from beginning to end. From reservations, rewards department, as well as customer complaints. Marriott is always changing to keep up with the times meant lots of training. I started working at the call center and graduated to working from home. I loved working with a variety of people on the phone.
Pros
People
Cons
Could not relocate
Wasnt a bad job just not for me i can bot sit behind a desk all day i need to move around also when i was there they were making lots of changes so very un organized.
It’s a family friendly company, family oriented, a lot of benefits, job security, vacations time pay, sick time, 401k, you can work and help at different departments.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
I love working there. They have a great team of co workers, management, and policies. A typical day at work is answering incoming calls and assisting with any request, concerns or questions they may have. I learned so many things and there are too many to mention. They have a site you can go to if you need information about anything. Very resourceful. The hardest part about the job is the systems go down for maintenance or for whatever reason but you still have to be available to answer the calls and ask guests to call back in a few hours while we troubleshoot the issues
Pros
job security
Cons
fast paced... you have to keep up
This was a ok job for the time being till marriot started to take over then it got worse management policy started to change and it all went down hill was great at the start if your looking for a job it's ok for temporary but I wouldn't suggest it as a permanent job. People quit a lot or get fired.
Pros
Discounts, lots of time off
Cons
Horrible management, lack of training