Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Enthusiastic and Self-motivated, Level 5 in Retail/ Customer Service. Excellent organisational, communication and multi-tasking skills gained from my 7years work experience. Have also acquired Knowledge in culinary, merchandising and sales representative. Proactive, highly motivated, Ambitious person who achieves results through people and by setting achievable strategic quality plans. Results-driven with willingness to learn and work both autonomously, when pressured and as part of a team.
i was working there as banquet than .and i was happy i learn a lot of things how to work smart not hard i learned how to team up with the rest to get the job done and do the events well.
Poor team..poor management..General Manager is changing consistently also assistant manager... They go and come as they want no set constant schedule for him or his agm..Both has not had prior experience in being a manager of a hotel.. The General manager allows employee children to be there every day.. they partake in the breakfast daily that is offered to guests.. Their children stand behind the front desk while guests are present.. they play on hotel computer..They are also along with their mothers as they clean rooms .. The head housekeeper brings her child to work daily then leaves for 45 minutes to take her to school..not fair for people that are on hourly pay.. she is salaried..not a very well managed hotel..
Pros
Discount on rooms..
Cons
Poorly managed hotel..forever changing staff..
I love working with customers & Helping Their needs. But it can be a little stressful some if the managers don’t appreciate the hard we put it & the new changes in company is driving me away
I loved working at Marriott Reservations. Very relaxed and fun. I enjoyed speaking to different people from everywhere...going everywhere. If the call volume was high the calls came in quickly but other than that the pace was relaxed. This job had many pros such as very nice hotel discounts, medical, and free life insurance. The only thing that some may not like is the fact that you have to bid on your schedule about every 2-3 months. Attendance, Sales and a few other things determine your likelihood of getting the schedule you want at Marriott.
Pros
Hotel Discounts
Cons
You have to bid for your schedule about every 2-3 months
Don’t work here. It was a horrible experience, understaffed, customers on hold for 30-40 min at a time. Management was terrible, they ruined my hours. Underpaid me on 2 pay checks in a row.
Pros
A lot of hours
Cons
Everything.
8/10 Customers make it worthwhile. I've learned patience & problem solving. Management is very helpful, & the culture is all about teamwork. The hardest part is not being able to satisfy all guest needs. Different brands offer different amenities. But guest appreciation makes it a rewarding experience, as well as company discounts.
Pros
Discounted rates for stays & other products, pay, & culture.
Cons
Brand specific offerings.
Very great company to work for. Energetic team, and you are treated like family. The work experience at the job, is great for anyone that wants to step up in life
Working for Marriott can be beneficial to a person life. Weekly pay, benefits, 401k, medical dental, vision insurance. tuition reimbursement only if what your going to school for benefits Marriott somehow. Not a bad company, can be alittle disorganized
Pros
vendors for lunch, benefits, pay, hours
Cons
repetitive, can get burned out quickly
Fun work environment with pleasant co workers. A typical day will lead you to be on the phone a lot and you will stay busy until the end of the day. Occasional employee appreciation lunch and events.
Pros
Employee appreciation events
Cons
Volume of calls
If you love to assist others and feel like you are part of a great team, this is the company for you! Competitive wages, room for advancement, volunteer opportunities available.
I'm so proud of what at I became, I learn a lot of things and meet new pleople everyday. every day was a challange but its was very fun and I wish a could work again. One of the best company that I ever work at
I have applied for a managers twice and both times have been told thank you but no thank you and the people that have got the positions come with less experience which is the reason I'm looking to find somewhere where advancement is based on your knowledge not who we know.
Pros
I get off the phones to help agents which I enjoy
Cons
Nothng is a permant position feeling used.
they make you feel welcome and really care about you. competitive but it was a great experience working with them. they treat worker good, and nice easy job
It was a wonderful job to work at. The environment wasn’t overly stressful and managers worked together with employees to achieve goals. The pay was okay but it wasn’t enough to take of a family.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks
No room for growth. Its awesome with the discounts that employees and families get. In addition, I got a discount for my cellphone bill. Great entry job
It was great! Taking care of guests was always my pleasure. I enjoyed my short stay at this beautiful edifice. I believe that the hotel has the best staff and is very well run. I appreciate my experience there.
Worked at one of many hotels Marriott owns and if it weren't for the general manager I'd probably never think of leaving but they were very vindictive towards their employees. Outside of management however it was a very relaxed work place meeting many new people and forming friendships with many co-workers. Day consisted of occasional stocking of our market along with interaction with guests; Check-in/out, market purchases, general conversation.
Pros
discount
Cons
no benefits, poor managment
worked there since 2012, the situation after the strike is not good at all, managers giving hard time for the staff , No hours given even tough the Hotel is busy they waill give you false promises when they hire you, dont trust them my advice look for something else
Pros
free meals, discounts
Cons
salary, forced to work double shift in case of call out
Marriott International inc is a good place for jobs and advancements. But some ignorant managers can make it difficult 👎....................................
Pros
no thank you. I do not want to write a review. It was a great job with open hour and a lot of overtime. You get vacation and personal time off. It is fast pace and a lot of upselling.