Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Food Runner

good place too work at. many benefits to it especially if you like to travel and stay at their hotels. work life balance is good. work with alot of great people.
Overall it’s a good job to work at for starters and if you need a job ASAP they give you a lot work also good people to work with and very nice with you
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Marriott is a excellent work environment where they treat the guest like family as well as the employees! Marriott has a team partnership where everyone is successful, due to the fact the encourge one another to be nothing less than there best!
I live this employer and they do such a great job and satisfying their customers and they have a friendly environment and they have a very high standard of customer satisfaction
Show up with a smile, do my job the way I should and how I would want to be treated. Make everyone happy and welcomed and show that I want to be there everyday to assist and put a smile on everyone's face.
Company is not inclusive. Bad experience with managers. Terrible for trans people; no gender neutral restrooms. People don't respect you or treat you seriously.
Present menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request fast pace free food for employees tips after every shift
I loved working in the restaurant but management sucked. Usual days are pretty busy but it makes time go by fast. Management tends to put workers against each other. Management picks who they want to advance.
Pros
Pay, benefits of full time
Cons
The marriott was a learning experience.it helped me see a different way of management where productivity and accountability is put forth.The Marriott provide a good health benefit package to most of their associates.More than 15 years after I left i still talk to few of the associates that are working there which prove the good work environment that prevailed.
Awesome workplace, friendly employees and very cooperative, manager have excellent leadership at all times, and overall the cleanliness of the establishment is great, well refined.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short BreakS
A typical day started at 6:00 am - 2:30 pm. I was responsible for bussing tables and running food. I occasionally helped out as a server when needed. I found that the 2 veteran servers who worked the morning shifts pretty much got away with doing whatever they wanted up to and including refusing to do what management asked of them. Management made no effort to correct this behavior and it became difficult to work with them as others were left to pick up the slack. the hardest part of this job was the management.
Pros
Cooked meals that weren't on the menu
Cons
Favoritism
The Marriott name covers over 20+ different hotel brands - this gives you a multitude of different places to transfer to and expand. Each property is unique in its own way. My experience at this particular one was great benefits, good leadership and an overall awesome time.
Clean chairs, tables, and sections for guest. Coordinate food orders to guarantee timely and efficient delivery to guests. Help customers with orders by explaining dishes and drinks and making recommendations as appropriate.
Marriott is an excellent company to work for, in terms of individual employee autonomy and career advancement. Company culture is built to blend between formal and friendly.
Pros
Advancement, many many perks
Cons
Highly competitive, no room for error
It was fun being able to do three different positions and they were all fun, and great experience. You meet people from all over the world, you get to eat all kinds of food, you get hotel discounts and the best thing about working in food&beverage department are the tips.
Marriott is a great place for the guests, but not for the employees because they hire cheap labor. They just use them to the maximum. The management at the World center Marriott sucks because they are all corrupted while I was there. I would never go back again.
I really enjoyed my time at the Marriott, but in my job position I wasn't making enough (Food Running at one of the hotel's restaurants,) so I was forced to find new employment.
Working in the restaurant as a food runner was great. The night shifts were fun and profitable, of course it depends on your co-workers; working and average of 6 hours a night, making at least $100.00 on average (weekends you would leave with more). Management attitude and skill set vary, some were hands-on and some were pencil pushers. I recommend this job for anyone that is in college and needs to pay their way through school.
Great environment Busy days Bussing tables Running food to tables I learned a lot about the food industry and the hotel industry. I would also work banquets.
we were busy most of the time How to work with the public Management---was sometime unfair workplace culture ok i guess running Food Meeting new people everyday
Pros
the rewards for your efforts
Cons
we had short breaks and sometimes no breaks at all
Day at work was as a first busy time but if stuff is well trained and people know what to do it is not so difficult to handle. I've learned many important thinks about how to speak with customers and about attitude and behaving what belongs to hotel and hospitality industry. On manager is depending lot of thinks one of them is how restaurant is running out, how manager organised stuff to each role. Success of restaurant is lot dependent about how is whole think organised. Workplace culture was mostly nice and good. Hardest part of the job was when we were really busy and we had just to run, run a lot to serve all customers. Most enjoyable part of the job was feeling after a very busy day that we've done job successfully and customers were happy and wanted to come back.
Pros
Free lunches, stuff parties, showers
Cons
management didn't listen about problems we had, couldn't fix easy thinks as a old and broken uniform for more than half year, to increase the service they couldn't develop tools for us. disorganization