Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Food Runner

good place too work at. many benefits to it especially if you like to travel and stay at their hotels. work life balance is good. work with alot of great people.
good benefits good salary. But if you don't like the hotels for place to work, this place isn't the place for you. You have to work under a lot of stress
Pros
food benefits 401 k PTO vacation
Cons
a lot of stress
The work day was fun and relaxing. Typically we were busy from 5-9 and occasionally after 10. Our team was more like a family than co-workers. Our management was accomplished and knew what they were doing. It was definitely an enjoyable place to work.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaa+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++*+********* great comoany to work for, nothing bad, free meals, and benefits and good pay ...
It's truly a culture youhave to experience, none of what I say could bring it justice. it's like going on vacation everyday with a family you get to choose.
Pros
Endless opportunities
Cons
It's huge
this company give you lot of opportunities to grow , you earn a good money and have a lot of fun, I suggest this company to young people who looking for a start !
Pros
free launches
Cons
to many working hours
I have started as a busboy. I worked initially in the buffet of the restaurant and my main duty it was to assist the waiters. My goal was to become waiter in the near future. I have had to working very hard to be Waiter. A typical work day was * Clean tables and ensure that fresh tablecloths and mats are placed * Remove soiled dishware, glassware and flatware and deliver it to the washing área * Clean up spilled food and ensure that floors and counter surfaces are sanitized * Make sure that the restaurant area is clean at all times * Keep an eye out for customers looking for service and assist them with their queries
Pros
Free luch good place to work
Cons
No issues
A typical day at the Marriott would go something like i clock in ans automatically i get to work. They call it setting ourselves for success. I learned that is everyone works as a team a puts egos aside then we can be successful.
Pros
co-workers are kind and fun, managers are lenient and understanding
Cons
when is busy it feels like chaos
I love working the weddings & other events you meet a lot of diverse people. the only draw back is the slow season during the winter months
There was not a typical day, everyday was different in it's on way. I would come in and do anything and everything anyone higher in management would tell me to do. I would greet guest, serve food, clean dishes, take dishes and silverware back and forth from the kitchen to the dinning room, get anything anyone needed, clean , and take out the trash.
Pros
free lunch, great breaks, some great employees
Cons
horrible management, horrible hours, never enough employees
clearing and resetting tables and serving room service to guest and making the guest feel comfortable and making the stay enjoyable.
Pros
free food
Cons
Short Lunch breaks
not enough hours would go weeks without any work were not organized could not work with my school schedule learned a lot met good people enjoyed helping guest
A typical day at work is your normal restaurant work. I learned a lot about working in hotels and extremely busy restaurants. Management of the hotel was top notch. Unfortunately the management of the restaurants was just plain lazy. Co-workers were some of the hardest working people I've ever worked with. The hardest part of my job was dealing with management and trying to move up in the company. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people from all around the world.
Once the Marriott was taken over by a new company and new managers, it has been poor staffed, unorganized and trouble with communication.
i learned > I learned a lot from the style of guest service and also the different ways of service (food and beverage) And also style and new rules in the service serve food and beverage Management > Excellent My co-workers > We respect and love each other also help each The hardest part of the job > There is nothing The most enjoyable part of the job > Openness to different cultures
work never stops, and there are always tasks to be completed. with many hands on training seminars and classes, star wood elevates the standard of hospitality and customer service. old co-workers are manipulative and lazy from high job security. new co-workers work the hardest, but through time become like the old co-workers. the job is physically demanding and repetitive. the high pay is the best part of the job.
Upon arrival everything must be set up to facilitate greater customer service with less delays and more focus on the customer. I learned that hard work is well rewarded in the customer service industry. Management was willing to work with me to enable me to make as much as possible on the busy nights and give me the slow ones off however when it came to requesting time off for school it was like water on a duck's back. My co-workers were some of the best people I have met in my life, ever-helpful and happy to assist any request at all. The hardest part of the job was realizing that although the money was great, I was forfeiting my education for a position that upon arrival had a glass ceiling. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with everyone I crossed paths with be it customers or co-workers.
Pros
Free lunch and the best benefits I have ever bore witness to.
Cons
It was a good boys club, if you're in with management you're set.
I really enjoyed working here. I t was a great atmosphere I would recommend anyone to work there if there a good worker.
Pros
good customers nice enviourment
Cons
nobreaks
Good job if you like hospitality. To many different jobs to explain
Pros
meet new people
Cons
nome
Best job in the world. Get to meet lots of stars from Hollywood and the customers are treated just like stars. Feels like home!
~Prepare substitute items to ~Light cleaning required~Cover, date and label all leftovers and store properly~Light cleaning required.
Pros
~light cleaning required
Cons
~light cleaning required