Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent

Found 1,408 reviews matching the search
ManagementIn general, managers at Marriott International, Inc. are very helpful and show concern for the staff. Selected great team workersOverallMy experience working at Marriott International, Inc. Has been life changing. I am able to be happy and excited about going to work.
Would be a fantastic job if the management was more understanding and had empathy and sympathy towards some of her employees. If the management was more understanding and a lot nicer and cared about her employees I would have stayed longer. It doesn't cost nothing to be nice to people these days.
Pros
Guests
Cons
As a front desk agent, I was able to meet different people from all over the world. Check them in and out. The only bad thing is when we are over booked and the city is sold out we would have to find rooms for guest which some are understandable and well some are not. But we work it thru and the guest are usually happy about the outcome. And good thing I work with a great team that helps assist in assisting guest problems.
Pros
There is no free lunch at this property
Cons
You do have 30min break Off the clock and two 15min breaks
Extremely low paying job for Front Desk and Night Auditor positions. Upward mobility is practically non existent. You would have to wait for someone to pass away to apply for a higher position. Even if that happens, the corporation always brings in an outsider instead of hiring from within.
Pros
You meet a lot of nice and kind people.
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, terrible hours, horrible work life balance.
As with most hotels you have to work 7 to 3 or 3 to 11 shift or you might have to do an overnight shift.Guests that come in the weekend can be demanding. Late shifts do not have much help at the front desk As it’s a Skelton crew, typical hotel job.
Pros
Hotel discount, health care, You never have to wonder want to wear because you have a uniform
Cons
it’s a problem if somebody calls out sick, you have to work holidays
The atmosphere during work was very reliant on the type of customers and the business of the day. As with all customer service jobs, the type of customer can make or break the day. In my experience, the front desk team was very amicable and forthcoming to new members, but it was difficult to find positions for advancement.
Pros
Free food during break
Cons
Demanding culture
To much favoritism at this Marriott. Beware....if you rub the manager making the schedule the wrong way, you will probably have a horrible schedule weekly. Don’t take a vacation, because when you get back, you’ll pay by working like 8 days in a row. There is very little empathy from some of the management staff, if you aren’t well, some managers will still write you up from missing work, unless you’re a favorite. They say we are a team or a family, yet they have forked tongues because they show favoritism towards some staff causing division. Why are managers and employees hanging out? That m, to me, is unprofessional. Supervisors having inappropriate relationships with employees? Making sure said employees has what they request in the way of schedules and requests off. So I guess, become a favorite and you’ll be just fine. Micromanagement is the norm if you are not a favorite. Repeatedly stating the same thing over and over as if you are stupid and lack common sense. Get written up for the dumpiest things possible...because someone didn’t fill out a drop envelop the right way???? So much control from some managers, you feel like you can’t do anything right...feel like your just a body filling space until someone else comes along and replaces you. Family? Team?? So delusional if you ask me. So many people I have trained have told me about the attitude of one particular manager who is so controlling and micromanaging. They end up leaving under weird circumstances, not because they don’t want to work, but because this particular manager is controlling. There is no room for - more...
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Mostly everything else
It was a good company to work for and opportunities to move up. Management could have used some work in the front office but it was a really good job to gain some much needed experience
Pros
Hours. Team. Flexibility. Job requirements
Cons
I worked at a Springhill Suites that Marriott basically just left high and dry. We weren't allowed to take breaks because they wouldn't schedule more than one person per 8-hour shift. We had to turn away people nightly because they'd constantly over-book the hotel, and our manager would leave for months at a time and be completely unavailable by email or phone. It was insane and to-date the worst job I've had.
Pros
i guess cheap hotel stays?
Cons
no breaks, pure chaos
When I started working for this company everything was wonderful, but now it has become a money hungry operation. With Covid-19 around they’re not hiring any new employees so most of us that are still here are doing double and triple duties and not getting any more pay hours have been cut for costs but they’re bringing in more and more guests here. They do not care about your safety, only growing their pockets
Pros
Cons
All of it
The company is famous for giving you a job with several sub jobs built in. They must have downsized and condensed alot of the positions years ago. Now with Covid the company laid everyone off so now the people who are left have even more work while the mgrs play on their laptops.
Pros
Direct deposit
Cons
Bad mgrs and too much work for 1 person
At first the job was great. Benefits are amazing. However, the front desk was not run smoothly. Management just comes from other departments and has zero clue how to do anything. They constantly overlook long time dedicated employees for advancement and bring in their own people. Compared to other hotels, they significantly underpaid the staff. They cut hours without telling you, so you go from working 40 to working 20 ir less.
Benefits
Cons
Bad Management
The people I worked with who taught me what I needed to know were amazing. One of the head people weren’t so great but I liked how it was all set up and how people wanted to be there
Pros
Other front desk people
Cons
Head manger
If you do well in high speed environments and love to please guests, this is a great job for you. There are a lot of incentives and teamwork as well as individual advancement opportunities.
I enjoy working with everyone. I have learned a lot about customer service,once again. I feel good about my skills and accomplishments with this company.
Was a heritable place the manger and assistant manger was just rude did things under handed just would never do it agin I don’t recommend working here to any one
I always love being part of such an uplifting team. They helped me work around my school schedule and get my degree with in the two years I worked there. So much sadness when I had to leave the work environment.
The workplace culture is wonderful. Most people are very friendly. Want to move up in the company? Plenty of opportunities and encouragement from management. Continuing education is a big part of Marriott life. There is always something else to learn to impact the guests and other employees. Also many ways to learn how to perform new challenges before your next promotion. It's hard work, but lots of fun!
Marriott is simply an awesome company to work for. I love my job, the environment, the management and the guests. I see myself here for a very long time.
The Westin offers great discounts and benefits. The starting pay is low, but you have opportunity to move up in the company. Lots of computer work and communicating with different people.
Pros
Meet new people, benefits, and great discounts
Cons
Long hours on feet, low pay
Thankful for my experience at the Marriott, I learned a lot. Great opportunity to learn customer service from a company with strong ideals and attention to detail. Appreciated the learning experience.
Pros
Free lunches, great benefits, and international company.
Cons
Tough schedule at times.