Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent

Found 1,408 reviews matching the search
ManagementIn general, managers at Marriott International, Inc. are very helpful and show concern for the staff. Selected great team workersOverallMy experience working at Marriott International, Inc. Has been life changing. I am able to be happy and excited about going to work.
Would work for Marriott anytime! It is my favorite employer I have had to date and am excited to return after this unfortunate pandemic of the covid-19
Starting your first job as a front desk agent is a great way to get started, especially at Marriott hotels. They offer a great amount of customer interaction and experience crucial for succeeding in other jobs. More than just a build in career skills, marriott connects you with people all over the world, either through other coworkers or the many business travelers and groups that come through the doors. Hotel jobs are a great way to get your career started, but be prepared to have bad days and horrible customer experiences on occasions
The only nice thing I have to say about working at the Marriott is I really enjoyed some of the guests and some of my coworkers. The management was bad, and didn't care about their employees.
Your typical day at the Little Rock Marriott will be very busy no matter which department you work in. There is always a lot going on (conferences, meetings, parties/balls, and they have the best of the best ensuring that it all goes down without a hitch. The management is great and really do all that they can to try and help everyone feel appreciated and valued and I feel as though that is a really big thing to a work environment. Despite being a constantly busy hotel, there is never a dull moment, and while management is strict on their policies, they are also fun and willing to work your schedule!
Pros
Free lunches, diverse culture
Cons
Prefer open availability
The job isn't all bad, but you should know that your managers will not protect you from guests and will put you at fault for guest issues whether you could have performed better or not. You will be yelled at and threatened for completing your job exactly as you were trained and then made to apologize by your managers. The only people who succeed in this business are cutthroats looking for the next promotion
Marriott International is a very great work place for every hospitality practitioners. Great company and great people to work with. Worked in 2 full service Marriott Hotels and it is a really great experience.
This company was very disheartening to work for. I am a person who only knows how to go above and beyond everyday. This will go unrecognized and unrewarded by upper management. My immediate managers on duty were excellent however they were not treated well either. I watched 2 managers I consider friends develop anxiety attacks and mental health issues while I was there. The HR director as mentioned in a review below, is in fact very difficult to work with. A HR department is supposed to take issues in the work place and work together with the parties to find a solution. This HR department caused more problems than I saw it solve. I ended up bypassing the department all together and speaking directly yo the hotel manager. It wasn't worth the consequences causes by their departments incompetence. I worked 6 months over the summer and I worked 6-8 days straight when they were understaffed. They then over hired for the winter and cut my shifts to 4 days a week. They deduct ski pass payments and an increased winter rent from that too. I walked away with 300-400 a fortnight after tax. Not to mention they had myself and my fellow senior agents train these new staff members who'd take our hours. They did not ask if I was comfortable training or offer any pay rise for my extra responsibilities. If they had treated me better I'd have stayed and applied for permanent residency but the idea of being locked into them for even a season longer...Not even permanent residency is worth that
Have been with Marriott 3 years have amazing insurance and in this time of unknown they have really stepped up!! You have the option to relocate to any property in the world!
Everyone there is very friendly, management personalities were definitely a plus. If you were hired for full time work you received full time work. A little understaffed.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Some things to sort out but that is expected because the hotel is still so new.
I am off work due to Covid 19 furlough. You get great benefits and time off is not usually avail. during the summer due to the heavy season. You can get time off but it's really able to get vacation during the summer.
On a typical day you arrive and either the shift will be so slow that you will be climbing the walls within an hour of being there or you will be so busy that you want to pull out your own hair out of frustration
A typical day at Marriott is a meeting every morning when management is going over what is suppose to be done in the hotel.housekeeping also greet the guest and interact with them,
Typical day at work would involve daily meetings with all the hotel departments and we would talk about our daily goal for the day followed by a game of some sort for interaction with our other employees that we do not see daily.
Being treated like a nothing at a job is what nobody wants. Working at Marriott in Teachapi, CA. You will be over worked and barely talk to managers. They dont care about training you well enough and you will ALWAYS work alone.
Excellent place to work. Everyone one believes in team work. The only problem is, the census gets low sometime causing the employer to cut hours. Other than that, it is really a great place to work.
Working for Ram I have to say prepared me full force to take on the position at Marriott. While the RAM property I worked at had 82 Rooms the Marriott has 177 Rooms and it is a full service. While at RAM Front Desk usually substitute for housekeeping and bellman the Marriott has it available 24/7 so the Front Desk can focus on just the front desk.
four points by sheraton fort lauderdale airport cruise port is the WORST hotel to work for, you have the tasks you are supposed to do and then they expect you to do a bunch of other stuff that's way out of your area of expertise. The pay is terrible, they don't offer any sick leave, paid vacation NOTHING, unless you're desperate don't apply here, they work you like a dog work very low pay and no incentives.
Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests of hotels or motels. Verify customers' credit, and establish how the customer will pay for the accommodation. Keep records of room availability and guests' accounts, manually or using computers. Transmit and receive messages, using telephones or telephone switchboards. Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, guest registration, and travel directions, or make recommendations regarding shopping, dining, or entertainment.
Good place to work people are easy to get along with.the benefits are excellent and the company is good with working with your schedule. I would recommend this place to anyone
I love working for Marriott! The benefits are great & the low prices on hotels with a variety of options is amazing! The only thing I would change is new management, they consistently change them so it causes dysfunction.
Pros
Health benefits & discounted rooms world wide
Cons
Constantly having new managers & management not being consistent.