Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent

Found 1,409 reviews matching the search
ManagementIn general, managers at Marriott International, Inc. are very helpful and show concern for the staff. Selected great team workersOverallMy experience working at Marriott International, Inc. Has been life changing. I am able to be happy and excited about going to work.
I love working for Marriott! The benefits are great & the low prices on hotels with a variety of options is amazing! The only thing I would change is new management, they consistently change them so it causes dysfunction.
Pros
Health benefits & discounted rooms world wide
Cons
Constantly having new managers & management not being consistent.
I loved working at this hotel. It is a franchised hotel, and the management company is a great company to work for! I loved the property, the people I worked with and getting to help ensure guest's stays were great.
It's a big company - Lots of personality types. My first manager was amazing, and helped other to succeed. Current manager wants to hold on to every employee, and not let them move up. Pretty discouraging. But the company is great to work for. Better place for young people to start then for someone with experience to move into.
*Leadership has challenges *Leadership does not treat employees with respect. * Lunch is required for all hourly employees. It seems that this can be overlooked if leadership is not scheduled to give breaks. * Bathroom breaks are challenging as well.
This job will help you plant your feet in a great company. Management is willing to help and does not want to see you fail. The happiness this job brings from making other people’s day, is a great feeling.
Poor pay, non-existent reviews and raises, terrible benefits. What else is there to say? Nights, weekends, holidays, it's all here. Fine if you need a job, not something I'd ever recommend long term.
Working for the Marriott has been a successful career and a pleasant place to be employed it offers great benefits and dependent on what hotel you work at the benefits are great.
Overall, my experience as an intern for 1 month was very enriching. I learned a lot about service professionalism but at the same time, I was not overwhelmed with work.
Working at this hotel has been an adventure. Everything was exciting at first but it's to the point where I'm going everyone's job (including manager duties) without managers pay. It's now so bad that once I stoped doing everything that I've done for this job, nothing is going right. Employees are walking around as if they're constantly confused, which results in me managing everyone again.
Ok place. Give them a try, not a bad place. They do however turn it into a nightclub on the weekends so you will have to stay pretty late. Everything aside the pay was good.
I love my time at Springhill suites by Marriott. They gave me an opportunity to start my hospitality experience with little to no backround in the field. I quickly learned every aspect of the job and now I am ready to pursue other dreams, with the experience that the Marriott afforded me.
Pros
great opportunity, great staff
Cons
not enough full time hours
The L.A. Live property still has a long way to go in terms of enforcing and cultivating a healthy and positive work environment. There is clearly a lack of respect for diversity.
Didn’t like the seniority union they had, gets really slow but pays well, managers sometimes only care about the guests and housekeeping team gets the worst half
There is a lot of gossip and trustfulness relationship with the staff. The customers are great and aren't hard to please, but dealing with other stuff like stealing is a great dysfunctional relationship.
It was a great experience because I was thrown in and I was able to get into the flow of everything right away. The hotel I worked at was running downhill with lots of employees and managers staying for only like a month or two, I was there for a year and I learned to do everything and ended up even running it as a one man show. I even had a lot of 16hour shifts which either ran from 7am till 11pm or from 3pm to 7am, but this helped me realize what I am capable of doing.
I could not have chosen a better company to work for they treat you like family i have worked now in 2 different departments now and Love it wouldn't change anything about the
Pros
Great company to work for excellent benefit package
Cons
A typical day at work is greeting guests, making conversation, answering phone calls and doing paperwork. I learned all my duties for front desk in a short amount of time. Management was good in the beginning, its okay now. The hardest part of the job was trying to get management to complete a task that needed to be done for a guest asap. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to accommodate guests needs and they enjoy my service and compliment me.
Pros
Discounts for other Marriotts
Cons
Hardly have a break or down time
great start if you want to get into the hospitality industry. Very popular and well known hotel and resort. Staff is fun and you get to look out at the beautiful ocean
Hotels do not pay their employees a fair amount of money for what they are expected to do, especially the front desk staff. The only reason I work there is for the employee discount.
It's great place to work. Located in the middle of the city which makes it easy to commute to work. The energy is great and staff help one another most of the time.
Pros
Easy to get work. Pay is decent.
Cons
Not a full 8hr day. Just 7.5 hrs. That 30 mins a day add up.