Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Fantastic company, well organized, lot of procedures and standards that teach you about hospitality. Good work/life balance, many trainings. Good qualified staff as colleagues. One negative for the property where I worked, is that as foreigner you could notice that the HR Director hated "farang". She has moved on now, so I am sure things will have improved by now.
Pros
Training, work/life
Cons
Anti-foreigner attitide of HR Director
I loved my team, managers we were as a family, but due to Pandemic Covid-19! The company has to layoff most of the employees! I'm hopping this get back to normal to unite with my team again
Your experience with Marriott will depend greatly on the property. While the corporate culture is based on inclusion, mentorship, and teamwork, it is up to the management of each hotel to meet those standards. When they do not, employees suffer. My experience was in a truly toxic property, so poorly managed that standard employees were working upwards of 50 hours a week. Management would pit employees against each other in childish disputes, talk about others' private information behind their backs, and absolutely refused to have their team's back when dealing with nasty guests. Sales goals and overheads were the exclusive aims, resulting in consistently overbooked weeks while understaffing to the point of lunacy. Adequate safety precautions were not taken to protect staff from construction and chemical storage. Retaliation was common, and I personally knew 4 people who suffered mental breakdowns and had to leave. It was the most psychologically abusive environment I have ever worked in, and the Marriott 6-month rule, perhaps protective in other places, left everyone feeling trapped. I quit 3 months in and would hesitate to rejoin the company since, on reporting the issues to district HR, a large group of us were told changes would be made, and none came. Allowing festering sores like the hotel I worked at to continue operating as-is will be the downfall of the company ideals.If you take a job at Marriott, stay sharp, and if it seems that the environment is toxic, begin seeking work outside the company immediately. It simply isn't worth the utter apathy of upper HR to - more...
Pros
Free meals, discounts, personal training materials
Cons
No transfers within 6 month period, poor local management, low pay, hours make holding another job impossible even if you are barely scheduled, no work over holidays
I have been with Marriott for over 15 years and I always went to a Marriott branded hotel each time I went to a new property, I was dedicated to Marriott and that is because I loved it! It is a great place to start for people that want to make hospitality & tourism their career. The company takes care of their employees, just like they take care of their guests and Mr. Marriott would not have it any other way!
Pros
Amazing growth potential, great benefits, hotel discount perks are awesome!
Cons
Pay for entry level positions is very low
Culture is a vibe, meeting new guests and return travelers, anticipating their needs to leave them feeling recognized and wanted at the property, prompting great professional relationships with all guests.
Pros
Union Membership
Cons
Seniority
Great leadership from CEO! Very rewarding to interact with people from all over the world. Also, ways providing necessary training to advance in the hospitality industry.
Pros
Leadership
Cons
Amazing company. Came in as a temp, then became hired on full-time. Would have stayed longer if it wasn't for Covid-19 I will greatly miss working for Marriott.
● Work-life balanceGood work environment energy food and service and will continue working with the reservation reservation for a reservation reservation y
Great job, great people, pay is bad. Only make $9 an hour and I’m too afraid to ask for more money. But I believe i’m worth more than $15,600 a year. That’s why I’m looking for a new job.
I love everything. I don't have any complaints. Management were very understanding and accommodating.I enjoyed all my time in all the Marriott properties I work.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Great place to work! Fantastic company! There are no boring days, everyday is different! The only drawback working in the operations end is that vacation days are our biggest work days :) It's not bad they pay fairly and the company really cares about it's employees.
Went into furlough when Covid started. I had seniority,been there for two years,worked myself into the ground because they couldnt keep anyone. Was not asked back,instead they bought back one of our sales managers daughter,who had only been there a year. I wanted to keep my status with the company,so i could move on later on. Management is not fair,they like to only hire family members,which i thought was not professional.
Pros
Discounted rates, i loved my other coworkers.
Cons
No breaks, not enough employees, bad management
The Marriott knows how to treat their employees the right way. They are very friendly and are all about their guests and their employees. Love the Marriott.
Pros
Cons
Non
Marriott is a horrible company. They don't care about you. Managers only care about numbers. They want you to get high customer satisfaction scores but they don't tell you it's because senior management gets a bonus if you do. In return you get treated bad if you're not friends with the manager.
Pros
pay is good
Cons
bad place to work
Great learning opporunity. It's great getting to meet new people and even getting to know your faithful guest. I know that you can go online to better education yourself to make room for promotions.
The mngmnt, and owners at TownePlace in Newark, are much to be desired, it's a real shame because it could be a great place to work. I loved the other employees though.
Iam happy to be a part of Mariot group. Always pleasant and happy environment. Staffs were always like a family and even our guests used to celebrate there happy occasions with the staffs over there.
I like the Marriott hotels. And i would recommend this again and again bcz in this industries i can achive my future. Here I got a support from senior and staff. I could learn many things from this industry. So I like it so much
I was very happy working for the Marriott, my co workers were also hard working, there was room for growth. The kitchen would cook and we were only charged $5 lunch that was great!!!!! I was always able to cross-train and that was important because I did not have a degree.
They don't pay as per the norms salary is not enough for the employee as per location , they also don't pay for extra hours . Management is too slow and messy .
Marriott holds an amazing working environment with the open door policy each is reachable to each .The company ensures employees get some leisure time