Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Fantastic company, well organized, lot of procedures and standards that teach you about hospitality. Good work/life balance, many trainings. Good qualified staff as colleagues. One negative for the property where I worked, is that as foreigner you could notice that the HR Director hated "farang". She has moved on now, so I am sure things will have improved by now.
Pros
Training, work/life
Cons
Anti-foreigner attitide of HR Director
Pleasure to work With Marriott , its a such a company , i got some of the best working opportunity from this company . that 's why i want to go through marriott .
Only things was it wasn't a steady schedule so your shift would vary each week that's the only things I didn't like and majority were part time not much full time hours but always room to work more if you wanted and paid weekly
A strong supportive team work environment. I have improved interpersonal skills over a short period thanks to the ready-to-support mindset of each individual in the team. Employees respect and take good care of one another.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
FD can be cold during winter
I worked for Marriott Vacation Club which is different from the full-service Marriott Internation side. Owners can be jerks and demanding. Managers at my specific property were all nice people not always the best at their jobs but tried to be. The head of our Front Office and the old Assistant Front Office manager are kind ladies that want to watch people grow and encourage people to challenge themselves. The downsides are the crazy hours and entitled guests but I've enjoyed my time there overall.
complete joy to work for Marriott they took real good care of me and also giving me good life skills to apply to my everyday life and also sharpens people skills very well
full satisfaction in all that we do to ensure that our customers come back, see our property as their second home. day to day activities serves as a learning tool,
Since new management came in, sales has out prioritized ordinary functions of the hotel. The sales team may sell out the hotel for a week straight, but won't ensure that housekeeping or food and beverage are adequately stocked to handle the high demands. As a front desk agent I mostly worked entire shifts alone, without breaks. When I expressed my concerns to the District Manager, he brushed them off as being the expected way to run business.
Working at the Marriott has been one of my first jobs and it is great! The people there are friendly, helpful and really make it feel like a home away from home. Would recommend anyone who needs a job to work for this company.
Poor work environment. They are care more about the guests needs and feelings more so than there own employees. They put the employee needs as last on there to do list.
I enjoy working there. My coworkers are all very cool. I truly enjoy my job and the guests. Prior to working here I have never worked anywhere That has such kind employees.
I'm sure this changes from property to property, but my team was a very close family. They always gave us feedback and taught the best practices for every kind of situation.
Management really takes their time in getting to know their employees strengths and weaknesses. I've been given ample opportunities to advance in the company. Working at Marriott i feel a promising career and be established.
Marriott can be amazing and it can be also not very lucrative for the people on the small end of the totem pole. Depends on where you are wanting to go and this is somewhere you use as a stepping stone and 100% for creating a career out of. Not easy to get in with this company. But when you do, your pretty set. I wish the pay was better. Great upper management almost always. Directors and GMs. Very vetted people.
I wish we could keep some of our employee discounts at our home resort but other than that, the perks are great. Competitive pay, ongoing training. The only concerns I have a unique to our specific resort.
Management was great and very understanding, they were easy to work with and treated everyone with respect. The worst part about the job was standing on your feet for long periods of time. Advancement is possible but there are not as many positions as a standard cooperation. Oh, the hotel benefits are the best!
check in guests to their rooms, create connection, go over daily task. Managers were great listener. There were not fixed schedule but requests were most of the time approved.
One of the best places to work great staff great leadership I would recommend Marriott international to anyone with a positive attitude, and willing to work at a fast pace environment, and want a really great career do it
Marriott is a great company to work for. They really take care of their employees and their needs. Employees get great benefits and are able to travel and stay at marriotts all over the world.
Working at the Morristown Governor Morris was stressful. when working for Management that has no idea how to run things, then it becomes stressful. I was new and trying to learn the job from so many different people , as they had no training in place. The management micro manages to seem like they have knowledge or authority. Your work days are 8 hours with only a half hour lunch your on your feet for 71/2 hours and it’s awe full. Your work week can be 8 plus days with one day off if you complain then your not flexible and your fired
Cons
Long hours on your feet with only one half hour lunch.
The people working at my property have been beneficial to the workplace beyond description. The managers that I have encountered have been helpful and I have easily gone up in the corporate ladder by showing my initiative and drive.
Pros
Discounted room nights.