Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Fantastic company, well organized, lot of procedures and standards that teach you about hospitality. Good work/life balance, many trainings. Good qualified staff as colleagues. One negative for the property where I worked, is that as foreigner you could notice that the HR Director hated "farang". She has moved on now, so I am sure things will have improved by now.
Pros
Training, work/life
Cons
Anti-foreigner attitide of HR Director
Marriott internnatinal is my family.i learn lot of things.the management was excelent..most enjoyable part of my job.am always happy with this company
Managers are not good and supportive, i. Worked eith Marriott jaipur hotel, ground team. Is good. But top. Level. Management is worst no support for shifts
I absolutely loved working for the Marriott in Australia! You got so well looked after! I have to add though, I did a trial at the Marriott in Berlin and it was the complete opposite, so depends on the management of the particular hotel.
Very consistent and a good place to work. Marriott takes care of their associates and their training is a great place to work. Hospitality experience is top notch!
The job itself keeps you on your toes. You'll learn a lot working at a hotel. Teaches great customer care. The pay for what's expected could be better.
In any given day ill do various duties mostly checking in guests as well as running reports.workplace culture is very balanced and nothing too diddicult
The people, the environment is family oriented and everyone works together to make the job run smoothly and everyone is a team player and easy to work with.
Work ethics is good, but no personal life possible with this low culture . Pay is so low saving money on the side even for a young person is close to impossible. No place for growth because of the short season that does not allow hours/budget for the hourly workers to progress to upper opportunities.
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks, no time to leave the property; weekly changing schedule that dont allow any personal plans
I've worked in 2 Marriott properties at the front desk, but in different capacities, for 7 years. I had to leave my first property because I couldn't afford rent in my city anymore. That was after moving, twice, to get further from downtown in search of cheaper rent. I ended up with an hour commute from my last apartment. Now I live with my parents because I still do not make enough money to afford rent and to pay off my student loans.
Marriott is a great company, but with not many talent in certain areas. Even when they have a great culture, there are many areas, and manager to train to make feel employees valuable.
The company is great to work for I meet interesting people everyday its a good atmosphere. I've learned a lot since working there even dealing with management and the staff.
With this business yes the customer is always right , but when will you ever be backed up ? If you don’t mind coworkers and guest being able to physically harm you then please sign up . The hours are terrible and unfair , lots of favoritism , if you want to cover all shifts because people are able to just call out and be late go for it.
Management is completely supportive as well as the company. It was previously an SPG company before Marriott took over. SPG had many more benefits, but nothing great lasts forever! There is a lot of room for growth within the property and also within the company which is global.
Marriott a great place to work. It's room for advancement. I love how management push you to advance and want more. It's awesome. I been to several training classes and learned a lot. I'm moving towards my next step in just two years becoming a supervisor. I also met Mr. Richard Marriott.
very stable job, only problem is this site does not provide benefits for its employees. It also does not offer holiday pay. Not the most flexible with scheduling. The job itself is a good one.
it was horrible dirty work enviroment wit no care for workers. a lot of nonsense and hate no one held true to Mr. Marriots core values ran down and horri
good environment Marriott hotel provided the opportunity to gain more experience daily the staff was trained and provided with more knowledge i learned how to deal with clients the Guest Relations Tasks Checking in and checking out the guest procedure etc
Employees are not having any five star or some times even less than that. Always work under pressure from the management without any particular reason. So, it's very much difficult to work in this odd situation.
Managment is horrible here Very shaky..kinda good pay but never room for advancment.also people steal and you have to be the on duty manager because the manager and supervisor take the same days off.
Marriott is a good place to work. They offer a comprehensive benefits package that can fully compete with other hospitality industries. They also are very flexible with hours and steady work opportunity.