Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

As a customer service representative in the hospitality industry, the hardest part about this job was maintaining and friendly and welcoming attitude in the face of rude and entitled people. However, the days of dealing with those types of people were few and far between and all the other friendly and gracious faces you see make you forget all the bad ones. During the typical busy season, you can expect to be very busy answering non-stop phone calls while maintaining the highest level of courtesy and professionalism to your guests in your lobby, all while maintaining a busy shuttle schedule and other modes of guest transportation. My coworkers at this hotel felt like family members. Everyone has a team-oriented attitude and always works hard to support each other. The management team at this hotel is absolutely superb. They are friendly, supportive, and understanding. They work extremely hard to get you up to speed on your direct job tasks so that you feel confident about the work you do. If your desire is to work your way up the corporate ladder, they work very hard to teach you additional things you need to know in order to succeed. I never felt as though I was "beneath" any of the management and always knew if I needed a tough question answered, they were no further away than a phone call. In addition to being supportive at work, management cares about your personal life too; they work hard to help you balance your professional and personal time. If I hadn't had to leave the state due to personal reasons, I'd still be working there.
Pros
Management, big hotel/travel discounts, great health, dental, and vision insurance
Cons
Marriott is a good place to work. They offer a comprehensive benefits package that can fully compete with other hospitality industries. They also are very flexible with hours and steady work opportunity.
At times can be fast paced, you're able to meet many new people. For the most part it's really nice place to work. All the unworthy managers are no gone.
Love to work with positive atmosphere and good team lead which we will have to build while working . Most of the one is integrity. Love to work with Marriott,
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Health Care Card
very good place to work for long term future.all policies are very nice.staff coperative and very friendly.work culture and timing needs to review time to time.
Great managers, great collaboration with all departments. Well kept property. Opportunities to meet famous people in town as this property was located next to all 3 stadium. Would still be here if I hadn’t relocated.
Pros
Team efficiency, pay grade, discounts
Cons
Fluctuating schedule and shifts
Marriott has extremely good benefit and health insurance plan. A lot of challenges and mentor ship are provided here, depend on the property you are working for.
great place to start learning in a larger environment, co-operative staff and management to help and teach throughout. great enthusiasm in team and highly collaborative.
I loved working for Marriott International. I loved the benefits, that include discounts at nice Marriott properties and worldwide job opportunities. I genuinely miss the company. I moved and decided to advance my career in finances. I am always on the lookout for the right opportunity with Marriott International.
No chance of Career/Job Advancement Handle Guest Complaints/Issues Good Benefits, Lousy Pay Stressful Environment High Expectations Zero Communication
The environment encourages growth if you feel you ready and willing to take on the responsibility. Tons of training is available, and managers are willing to teach you.
Is too hard the work, the communication is too poor with the Hispanic or Latin people. I think so that they need more people in the administration that speak Spanish.
Training is good for the job-Everyone helps each other out in learning and growing; Employees are great and everyone is motivated by monetary compensation which isnt exactly a bad thing; Could use more employees that are knowledgeable in a certain field and motivated by providing excellent Customer service
Pros
Collaborative work environment
Cons
Lack of Communication at times; Lack of people working
The best place to work ! Great learning experience in dealing with great cultures through the years with guest coming from different parts of the globe .
When you work with professionals who work in Marriott you learn, you grow yourself as a professeional as well. It is amaizing to work with people who appreciate you and treat each and everyone with an exceptional respect
Love working here, the staff is great and we all are like a family here. It’s an excellent place to work at. I recommend this job to anyone who is all about customer service and becoming a family
Marriott is a great company to work for. Competitive pay, great benefits, believe in taking care of the guest and they will take care of you. Like any other company, it has its moments but all in all its a pretty decent environment.
Marriott is a great company to work with. They have a very experience managers and programs that will groom you to achieve your goal. Great benefits. Great work environment.
typical day at work where i meet the guests and help them i learned how to smile in front of the guests and never carry my Family issue to the work place and i learn how to work very well with the team and listen to my manager in order to assure i provide the best service and there is hard part of the job but i take it as a challenge to improve my personality and my skills and the most enjoyably part is when i make the guests smile.
Same as the last review. It just doubled up on what I was trying to say. Marriot Vacation Club has good benefits and the option to work from home which is nice.
I really enjoyed my time with Marriott. Excellent management that enables you to develop and grow within your department, as well as engaging and helpful colleagues.