Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Night Auditor

I've been working for Marriott International, Inc. for over four years and it's a great place to work and advance. I've always worked with a great group of people.
Pros
hotel discounts
Cons
pay not that great
Disappointed with the management, Completely Inefficient, There is no work life balance. No Disciple present in the certain brand. I have mix feeling with the company.
Pros
Free Food, Drop to nearest railway station
Cons
No time table
Working at Aloft is a fun job. You get to talk to guest, friendly staff, it is a dog friendly hotel, so you see dogs everywhere and it is so cute. Live music on fridays. Management does have favoratism, they also like to contradict themselves. The owners do not like to fix all the broke stuff around the hotel.
Pros
Hotel discounts, works with schedule
Cons
Minimum wage
The turnover due to management consistently changing, policies were not followed, and people fired due to rumors. Management never asked what was going on, just fired you.
Pros
Discounts on rooms
Cons
No breaks on night shift
I start the day by going through the check in reports. I see how any guests are going to check in per day. I follow up with the housekeeping and engineering department to know the status of the rooms. I check the guest in in a professional manner and greet them promptly upon arrival
I like working for Marriott. I have the position of Night Auditor working from 11 pm - 7am three to four days a week. I have a lot of flexibility in my job in making sure that guests enjoy their experience at the Marriot. Perfect attendance.
If you want a good head start in customer service, Marriott its a great place to start, but mind you it will take a while for you to get consider for advancement.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
lack of career advancement
Provide fantastic benefits, and treat associates like family.Plenty of opportunities for growth. Consistently changing and improving thereby remaining a fun and innovative company to work for.
Pros
health benefits dental/vision 401 k
Cons
very hard to maintain a second job if needed
People I worked with were extremely careless. The managers had no idea what he was doing. He did not respond to any of my concerns. Co-workers were rude and only cared about themselves. People will blame you for their mistakes.
Pros
Discounted rooms for family and friends
Cons
Incompetent Managers
Marriott offers great training and provides employees with excellent benefits. I loved my co-workers and my management team. I learned a lot about customer service and hospitality, overall.
It didn't have a team feel. Most people didn't like each other. The manager is terrible at communication and the scheduled days are random. One of the housekeepers refuses to do their ob making it harder to tend to guests.
Pros
Cons
no meals or breaks, schedules are random, lack of communication
By far the best management team put together that I've worked for. Staff was welcoming upon arrival, and more like family at my departure. Greatly missed this place. Sad building went under new management, and having an ailing grandmother in law, I could no longer remain with this company. BUt I will say it is a great location, and I wish the new management team well
The managers are emotional and the assistant managers are basically yes men. As well there are a lot of bias rules that aren’t followed by all staff members.
Gives Everything away free before investigation or approval, no guest discipline, disrespectful spineless managers, employess are to fend for them selves, takes 5 years to grow in company due to lack of empoyee reviews, or eos reports which resolves nothing and terrible HR.
Pros
Customer appreciation
Cons
Gives everything away free before investigation or approval, no guest discipline, disrespectful manager, employess are to fend for them selves, takes 5 years to grow in company due to lack of empoyee reviews, or eos reports which resolves nothing and terrible HR.
I loved the employees that I worked with. No matter what everyone always did their jobs and I would like a better management. The hardest part of the job is they never really took care of their employees the way Hilton brand has for me. The most enjoyable moments were the bowling activities we did, but they stopped.
Pros
employees
Cons
No benefits, franchise, no big discount on meals
Unorganized, Demeaning to employees, un prepared for events, no team work, unprofessional at times around guest and other employees, not genuine when it comes to work ethic and general care for employees
Benefits
Cons
Pay, management
It was a good place to work and fast pace. Working a lot and standing on your feet most of your shift and taking care of all guest issues were the most important
Marriott is a great company to work for. It was started on the principle of treating your employees right and they will pass that along to the customer
For the most part working at Marriott was a team effort. all employees step up to help others. I was trusted to work alone on the over night shift as the "person in charge". At times this was stressful not having anyone to turn to in the event of an emergency, which happened three times since I have been there although it was also a benefit for me because i was proud of myself to step up and handle the circumstance.
Pros
Team
Cons
over night shift
Frequent guest made are days and night super fun. We had THE BEST Operations Manager which made our lives easier. We had our outings, up sell, commission from walk ins that was great after the end of the quarters. Nights were really tiring and no position during day time made me leave.
Pros
Frequent guest are easy to please
Cons
Night hours were long
Marriott is a great company, unfortunately the welcome desk agents which are the face of the company are under paid and not enough to make a living under those salaries, other than that its a good company to work for.