Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Sous Chef

Enjoyed the environment and staff. I wouldn’t have left if I hadn’t had another opportunity. Felt as I was held back from promotion but we did get a good addition.
Pros
Culture.
Cons
Can’t think of any
i worked at the amazing st. regis hotel in aspen co. i had a great team and work with everyone in the hotel. it was a fantastic time and would love to recommend anyone.
your typical day at the Marriott began with prepping in the a. M. For the restaurant the lobby and any room service orders that came in typical shift starts at five 6 in the morning goes till 2 p.m , you feed breakfast in begin p. M. Prep for the dinner service. Skimpiest begins around 2 p. M. And runs about 12 a. M.. set shift consists of prepping everything out for banquets private events restaurant the lobby and any room service orders that might come in for the evening busyness depends on Hotel capacity. the compensation and benefits at the Marriott are okay. Once you in with the Marriott it is a solid job it's a stable job it will always be there if you put the effort into it room for growth is slow but if you're willing to put the time and do it it'll be beneficial in the long run. because of the fact that it's such a giant company there's a lot of management that intertwine with everyday functions as well as corporate rules and regulations which at times make it tedious but if you can get over that and they're a big fan of corporate Marriott would be great
Pros
Steady job long-term
Cons
Too much management
love working here, each co workers regardless of position takes care of there co workers to ensure that they can take care of the guests. management are supportive in ensuring the success of each employees.
Pros
good benefits, helping one another and support one another for success
Cons
work life balance is low due to long working hours
Excellent opportunity to express your culinary talent. The management was always open to new and inventive ways of preparing and displaying the food options.
Pros
Great opportunity to express culinary vision
Cons
Long days
Selamat siang Nama saya Ludfi usia 40 th saya pernah bekerja di Pand'or cake n bakery selama -+ 15 th sbg pastry cook 1 Dan bekerja di PT Kuliner Maju slma 6th sampai sekarang masih bekerja sbg sous chef jika berkenan saya ingin bekerja di hotel yg skrg ini bpk/ ibu kelola sebelum dan sesudahnya saya ucapkan banyak terima kasih No hp saya 089513216883
Pros
Makan siang gratis
Cons
Bukan lulusan perhotelan
I have been working at the Marriott Hotel for 10 years and I love my work very much. I want to go back and find work at the Marriott company. I have skills in oriental cooking, oriental cuisine, baked goods
Pros
every thing
Cons
transportation
work as a sous chef for the Marriott and it was fun and super fast paced. we would do a lot of big parties for different companies, as well as weddings. left only because I needed more work life balance.
It's a good place to work the staff is hard working and kind. It's hard work but the benefits are worth it. The senior staff is helpful and easy to talk to.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Alot of hours
its dream work place for any person to start his or her hospitality career to be. they hold their staff at very high esteem and i can always recommend them to any prospective employee
Pros
Free transport, medical, meals and accomodation
Cons
Top employer for industry with culture of taking care of hosts, guests and community. Foundations of leadership and development of managers based on attainable goals.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Manager turnover
We enjoyed the ambiance and the friendly staff and accommodations at this Fairfield Marriott in toronto, Ca. Very modern hotel, comfortable, nice pool, and a lovely lounging area. Bed was comfortable, the breakfast was very delicious and had many selections. The price of the room was a bit high priced, but it was on a weekend.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Benefits were good and the time off was descent but required to work way to many hours with no support. Being able to take time off was far and few with short staff. The Marriott company is a great company but this property was very taxing
I have 40 years in cooking experience skill. I know my way around the kitchen can handle any job given to me hard a dependable worker I am a team player
The culinary training co-op was a good way to receive college credit hours and on the job training. The account has a collective bargaining agreement that creates an us vs them negative work environment.
Pros
Culinary Apprenticeship/ Work Co-op
Cons
Negative collective bargaining agreement
always been a great learning at the Marriott. Been part of the preopening team, so always been a great feeling. setting, growing and motivating of workplace had always been key focus.
Pros
team
Cons
economical
everyday for me is a new learning day and also to teach people also. taking care of people and motivating them and growing has always been my focus, delivering of quality without compensating standards and morals.
Pros
growth
Cons
economical
Great place to work, beautiful hotel. A lot of 5 courses plated dinners. I had very little help and when we got busy we got people from the school PICA to help. It was a nightmare since most of the kids do not know what there were doing. I like the other chefs and the crew.
Pros
beatiful hotel
Cons
located in downtown pitsburgh
Worked with great Chefs from all over the world. Worked with staff from all over the world and learning about different cultures. saying goodbye to interns going back home
start your swift stress work less hours management promise do not maintain, Marriott policy are very religious ,full of take care.All very easy work in the team.creating dishes .
Great experience, it’s a school for chefs. Very organized environment, leaders are well trained and great mentors always trying to find what is best for your career.
Pros
Hotel discounts
Cons
401 k, vacation