Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Sous Chef

Enjoyed the environment and staff. I wouldn’t have left if I hadn’t had another opportunity. Felt as I was held back from promotion but we did get a good addition.
Pros
Culture.
Cons
Can’t think of any
Great work experience with all the restaurants and banquets. We had fine dining, casual dining, coffee shop, and a bistro all opened daily. Room service was a big part of the business.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Too many hours
A day at Meridian was like a day at the executive office. I learned the value of consistency and professionalism. I worked with some of the finest chefs and cooks in the industry. I got a chance to travel the world with this company. It was one of my greatest experiences.
I have worked for Marriott almost 10 years now. It is a great company to work for if you are career driven. for job stability it is great the ability to transfer is great.
Pros: Job Security/Advancement Medical/Dental/401k Cons: Very Poor Work/Life balance Hiring Process takes too long, lose qualified candidates
learned to work under pressure, and how to push yourself to become better. good working culture within the company, the company is growing internationally and can have great opportunity
it is one of the professional working place I currently work into it is a unique and great contemporary style kind of restaurants they have offer it is clean and prosperous company
It was a good restaurant with good food and quality. Menu was very organized and consistent. I Would like to come back again and again.
It is not an organized workplace. So many employees have left for better opportunities so we do not have enough employees. Our equipment breaks down so frequently and we're continuously fixing them, which slows us down.
fun, fast paced environment to expand your career with. lots of room for growth in management. quality of training offered is hands down one of the best in the industry. lots of great people to work with
This establishment is a hidden jewel. On all my years of cooking professionally this has to be one of the places with the most "people-filled" potential ever. The people genuinely care, making the product very successful, and not a typical 'airport hotel'.
Pros
An all team effort establishment
Cons
The rooms are dated.
Great company Great people Great locations around the world. Great Benefits and clean work environment. Good work life balance. Good Health Benefits.
Courtyard By Mariott in Marlborough is a huge joke to work for. Managers are completly out of touch with the staff. GM is a lunitic. Constantly harping at employeea why isnt yhia or that done but wait and look how under staffed they are. Kitchen is the biggest nightmare. No exuctive chef for 6 months. GM promised for 3 monthatnit would get better bit never did. Horrible work enviroment.
Pros
free meals
Cons
Crazy GM, Horrible staff, under payed.
Typical day is prep, cleaning, ordering supplies, working with other departments for customers. Management has challenges communicating with the workers, organization process needs lots of improvements. Management needs to be better involved and work more on professionalism for the location.
Marriott is a good company to work they believe in if you take care of your associate .they will take care of your guest.they believes in training.so they so training for associates and the managers.its a international company.
Pros
tranings
Cons
working hours.
Chef is Great! People are Great. Wish I was still employed there. New management company take over. Was not re-hired. Life goes on though.
Pros
Fun place to work, Main kitchen help super talented and good group of guys as well as cultural diversity
Cons
No longer there! BOO HOO!
i love to work with fun and serious and where i worked would like to respect them as they provided job for me when i had needed .
i have been a chef for the past twenty eight (28) years it something i love, the kitchen is a place were you learn new thing every day you maybe making a sauce and a co-worker may say add some sage to it and the flavour that you get is wonderful the hardest thing for me is to strain a bisque because it need to be smooth
busy fro the moment you walk in until the moment you leave. I learned to be on time, and respect co workers under pressure no matter whats going on.
Pros
great steaks
Cons
no freebies, lol
nice place nice management i have to learn many program from marriott hotel,, we do many training to get more professional in work
Overseeing and running the restaurants within the hotel, The Barony Grill, The Carolina Cafe, Room Service, Turtles Lounge, and The Turtles poolside Restaurant. Working directly with cooks and preparing all menus daily and specials. Supervising 20 cooks and three Jr. Sous Chefs. Responsible for daily ordering, inventory, controlling food cost and labor costs.